181 posts
Thanks Meter: 153

By ValdikSS, Senior Member on 22nd August 2018, 06:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2018, 08:52 PM |#121  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Sorry if my question is a bit off topic, but the folks in this forum understand the technology underlying my problem. I have a new Huawei Mate 20 x phone running Android 9.0 and a set of Jabra Elite Active 65t wireless earbuds (that worked flawlessly with my Android 8.0 phones). With the Mate 20 x they pair and connect easily. When I put them in my ears they say "connected" and if I look in Bluetooth settings on the phone they are connected for both calls and media audio. Calls come through the earbuds and I can interact with Google Assistant with them, but when I try to play music (either downloaded to my phone or via WiFi - like YouTube) I either hear a 'stuttering' noise or no sound at all. Now this is where the codec issue arises. To hear music I must go into the phone's Settings/Developer Options and change the default Bluetooth codec from AAC to SBC. I then immediately hear music. I can't save this setting, however, as each time I exist Developer Options it reverts to AAC. My earbuds work with both the SBC and AAC codecs, and if I get them to play music by switching the codec to SBC I can then change it to AAC and they continue to play music. They just won't connect with AAC set as default. Any advice on a fix or work around is very much appreciated.

2nd December 2018, 06:44 PM |#122  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frcraig

Sorry if my question is a bit off topic… each time I exist Developer Options it reverts to AAC. My earbuds work with both the SBC and AAC codecs, and if I get them to play music by switching the codec to SBC I can then change it to AAC and they continue to play music. They just won't connect with AAC set as default. Any advice on a fix or work around is very much appreciated.

You should disable "HD Audio" tick in Bluetooth device options (not in developer options).
2nd December 2018, 10:51 PM |#123  
Flag Halifax

More
Thank you for your response, but there are not "HD Audio" settings in Huawei's Android 9.0 Bluetooth device options. My devices (my VW car and my Jabra Elite Active 65t wireless earbuds) are listed in the Bluetooth device section but each has three options: "Call Audio", "Media Audio", and "Contact Sharing". I remember an HD Audio setting on a Xiaomi phone I had once, but that doesn't seem to be available on Huawei Android Pie.
3rd December 2018, 06:28 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frcraig

Thank you for your response, but there are not "HD Audio" settings in Huawei's Android 9.0 Bluetooth device options. My devices (my VW car and my Jabra Elite Active 65t wireless earbuds) are listed in the Bluetooth device section but each has three options: "Call Audio", "Media Audio", and "Contact Sharing". I remember an HD Audio setting on a Xiaomi phone I had once, but that doesn't seem to be available on Huawei Android Pie.

Under developer options->bluetooth, try disabling the optional codecs and see whether it makes a difference.
3rd December 2018, 03:04 PM |#125  
Flag Halifax

More
Thank you, but 'disable optional codecs' is greyed out. When I am connected to my earbuds I can only change SBC and AAC the other items are greyed out.
7th December 2018, 02:05 AM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
great!!
11th December 2018, 05:55 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nice, wonder if you could help

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
BOSE OE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16k1...w?usp=drivesdk

Phh Treble 8.1 AOSP

Thanks
13th December 2018, 02:20 AM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
can you please create a patch for Pioneer DAC, its running on 5.1.1 and I guess it is 32bit ( I don't have lib64 folder).

attached bluetooth.default.so file here.

pls be noted that, Bluetooth file location is /system/lib/hw/
Attached Files
File Type: zip bluetooth.default.zip - [Click for QR Code] (764.2 KB, 10 views)
13th December 2018, 11:24 AM |#129  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdikSS

I'm no longer accepting libraries for patching. Please test on the PC.
Current results show that most devices correctly work with SBC Dual Channel and high bitrates. The test can be considered complete. Thanks for all who participated.

Why are you keeping upload the files?
14th December 2018, 03:39 AM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdikSS

Why are you keeping upload the files?

can you please at least give tutorial to apply patch set to lineage os ? i have a problem to find rom builder
or can u give patched redmi note 4x 9.6.3.0 ? on pda thread, link is dead
14th December 2018, 10:03 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henzoo07

or can u give patched redmi note 4x 9.6.3.0 ? on pda thread, link is dead

Take bro
Attached Files
File Type: zip Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.29 MB, 46 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to grandgreed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grandgreed Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)