By Atarii, Senior Member on 20th September 2017, 08:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Atarii: Updated
22nd September 2017, 06:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarii

Ok that's useful. What device/Android version/ROM? Posting a screenshot of the black installation screen would be good too

OnePlus 5, Freedom OS

22nd September 2017, 07:00 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 654

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeganjk

OnePlus 5, Freedom OS

Your other posts indicate that your ROM is not in a stable state. You might want to sort that out first, then try again.
Out of curiosity, you could also manually extract the APKs (in files folder in zip) and install them
22nd September 2017, 07:43 PM |#13  

More
Quote:

Your other posts indicate that your ROM is not in a stable state. You might want to sort that out first, then try again.
Out of curiosity, you could also manually extract the APKs (in files folder in zip) and install them

Could I just extract the zip, install the apps and then install the magisk module?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:

Pretty sure FreedomOS is stable. It's been in development since 2013 and many reviews say it's 'just as stable as stock'. Maybe the problem is that your module wasn't built for OxygenOS...
22nd September 2017, 08:02 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Could I just extract the zip, install the apps and then install the magisk module?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Pretty sure FreedomOS is stable. It's been in development since 2013 and many reviews say it's 'just as stable as stock'. Maybe the problem is that your module wasn't built for OxygenOS...

I'm not talking about FreedomOS, I'm taking about the posts where you said:
Quote:

I try to install Burgerhunter over it with OOS. The nethunter zip installs SuperSU and downgrades Magisk to v2.82 or something like that, so after the install I select "switch superuser app" and it removes SuperSU. However, once it reboots, I try to download and install the Magisk upgrade, but results in an error."

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...08&postcount=8

It failed to install a different Nethunter mod, who knows what files are where now, what you have left over from SuperSu or Magisk installed.

I would be interested to know how it goes on a fresh ROM, then I may be able to help.
The module is universal, it's Magisk.
22nd September 2017, 08:10 PM |#15  

More
I uninstalled Burger Hunter and I didn't use the kernel with the magisk module
23rd September 2017, 09:43 PM |#16  

More
I got it to work! 😀

This is what I did:
1. Re-downloaded the Magisk-nethunter module zip
2. Flashed it in TWRP
3. De-compressed the Magisk-nethunter module zip and manually installed the APKs
4. Opened Net Hunter app
5. Went to Chroot manager, selected download and selected full Chroot
6. PROFIT

EDIT: Just follow the instructions on https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3676681
The Following User Says Thank You to keeganjk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keeganjk Ad-Free
23rd September 2017, 10:19 PM |#17  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 549

More
What is the true benefit of chroot?
23rd September 2017, 11:26 PM |#18  
Flag Cheektowaga, NY
Thanks Meter: 851

More
man chroot

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers Legacy app
24th September 2017, 12:08 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm68

The chroot allows you to run a full Linux distro on your device by changing the apparent root directory to that of the Linux distro installation within the terminal. Hence, you can run anything you can in the Linux terminal (like apt, apt-get, tshark) in on your Android device.
The Following User Says Thank You to keeganjk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keeganjk Ad-Free
24th September 2017, 04:09 AM |#20  

More
New to this but Installed on purefusion OS Gemini. Was reading on wiki and just run anonsurf.
Q- If in services open VPN is on than we have nothing else to do in settings and VPN is on and working. In terminal I have run open VPN install script too.
Q- suggest some useful links or tips to fully utilize it.
Excellent work. Thanks.
24th September 2017, 10:38 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I got it to work!

This is what I did:
1. Re-downloaded the Magisk-nethunter module zip
2. Flashed it in TWRP
3. De-compressed the Magisk-nethunter module zip and manually installed the APKs
4. Opened Net Hunter app
5. Went to Chroot manager, selected download and selected full Chroot
6. PROFIT

Ok great, you got there in the end. So follow OP instructions, but you needed to manually install the APKs. That helps - it may mean the "pm install APK" command is not supported on your Android version. Did you have "Install apps from unknown sources enabled?". Can you try running "pm install nethunter_magisk.apk" in the same folder as the APK (it's ok to install over existing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm68

The benefits mentioned plus for this Nethunter module it allows you to use Kali tools natively. For example, you can set Android proxy to 127.0.0.1 and use Burp Proxy in Kali to view/modify Android traffic. Or use msfconsole to launch metasploit activities from your phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)