FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

keweonDNS - now with improved Certificate (iOS, Mac & Android)

1,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,296

Post Reply Email Thread
20th July 2018, 03:55 PM |#1011  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamitNayan

When I
ping I.hate.ads
I get "unknown host" reply instead of "thanks.2.xda"
and I can see only two DNS servers on this site
IP Address Hostname ISP Location
88.198.139.2 fsn.icmp.hetzner.com Hetzner Online GmbH Germany
And
88.198.139.3 fsn1-dns1b.hetzner.com Hetzner Online GmbH Germany
instead of 10+ (most of their isp cloudflare ) which I got before.
But keweon working most probably.

I have no idea where you are connected to but this is definitely not keweon. The i.hate.ads Domain is of cause not existing but its a good thing to test if you are connected or not.
Its still a mess with the Amazon thing and the entire old System is still connected. So if it's working at the moment I'm fine with this.

I already have the new IPs and it will become a long evening now. ūüėČ
The Following User Says Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
20th July 2018, 06:00 PM |#1012  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm also getting the same host, when I'm checking my dns server on the dnsleak.com. I'm using dnschanger as you recommend, but I'm always getting hetzner online, even when I use different dns ips from your list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180720-175628_Firefox Beta.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	4554176  
20th July 2018, 08:51 PM |#1013  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanno_miho

my wifi icon with a cross now after the recent update. not sure it is related or not but now I have problem.

does anyone else have the same problem?

once I restore back the default dns the wifi icon is ok.
before the update , there is no such issue.

Same as me as you can see the attachment from my previous post. I was using magisk systemless keweon before. Now i remove the module and use the DNS changer app and the wifi icon change back to normal. There was a recent update for the magisk app though not sure if it is because of that.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by embreak

I'm also getting the same host, when I'm checking my dns server on the dnsleak.com. I'm using dnschanger as you recommend, but I'm always getting hetzner online, even when I use different dns ips from your list.

Same for me too. No reply from pinging i.hate.ads too like before and i remember seeing a few more dns ip too the last time i tried the dnsleaktest. Is it possible because of that my sites are loading slower which i am facing now than before?

21st July 2018, 06:38 AM |#1014  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanno_miho

my wifi icon with a cross now after the recent update. not sure it is related or not but now I have problem.

does anyone else have the same problem?

once I restore back the default dns the wifi icon is ok.
before the update , there is no such issue.

Do you mean the recent update of magisk module ?
And can you access internet through wifi even it shows the cross sign?
21st July 2018, 06:50 AM |#1015  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskarjy0ti

Do you mean the recent update of magisk module ?
And can you access internet through wifi even it shows the cross sign?

As for me yes i can still access the internet with the exclamation icon after the magisk app update. Only when i remove the module then the icon back to normal.
21st July 2018, 08:28 AM |#1016  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi @MrT69,
I try put ur provided Singapore DNS IP as primary DNS instead, but do u know why DNS checker website still detected it from "Germany" server 88.198.139.2, 88.198.139.3?
Is this correct?
21st July 2018, 11:15 AM |#1017  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesniper22

Hi @MrT69,
I try put ur provided Singapore DNS IP as primary DNS instead, but do u know why DNS checker website still detected it from "Germany" server 88.198.139.2, 88.198.139.3?
Is this correct?

Check this post ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

Now I understand. But this is a security feature.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfarts

As for me yes i can still access the internet with the exclamation icon after the magisk app update. Only when i remove the module then the icon back to normal.

After a new connection(mobile data/wifi) is established android pings some address to check whether the connection has internet connectivity or not. And as the module is active the ping fails(the address might be blocked) as no data packet can be sent by any other route except the ones set by the module and so the cross sign is displayed. Don't be bothered by the cross sign, be assured that even a tiny bit of your data isn't going anywhere it's not supposed to
The Following User Says Thank You to bhaskarjy0ti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhaskarjy0ti Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 11:40 AM |#1018  
Flag Kutaraja
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

Based on the Ads I know almost all are on the Blacklist.
I guess it's an IPv6 problem.

You have now 2 options.
1. Just disable the IPv6 Protocol on the Network Adapter if you want still use QuickDNS.
2. If you need to keep the IPv6 Protocol enabled then set the IPv6 DNS Server within the IPv6 settings manually.

Unfortunately Nir Sofer has no IPv6 Protocol support within his tool and I also don't know any alternative Tool which is as same as easy to use and have the IPv6 support inside.

For quick and easy double check disable the IPv6 protocol to see that it's working. But be carefull. It might be that after disabling this your Internet is not longer working. If this case happens then enable it and set the IPv6 manually.

The last thing would be the router. If you have a wifi or soho router at home then change the DNS settings at this device.
To test if everything is working and to see if you are connected you should be able to ping this address:

i.hate.ads

If you get no answer than you are not connected.

Afaik, i has set dns on my Huawei router. And its working, well then its problem with ipv6, like u said.
Huawei router

Btw, im using magisk dns, but look like its not workin when connected to other router wifi (free wifi on coffee shop). Maybe u / someone can check it. Thx

21st July 2018, 04:44 PM |#1019  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi...
Look like my ISP is blocking your dns.
Anyways to bypass it?
21st July 2018, 11:01 PM |#1020  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
keweon Update

Sorry for all the delay but I was working on a new Root instance. And since one hour it's already working on all the german Servers.

176.9.62.58, 176.9.62.62 and 104.207.131.11.

I will move all the other servers within the next hour.

What have changed?

The entire Infrstructure in now based on the HETZNER CLOUD. Since the last years I have seen a lot of VPS and Cloud Providers but I never have had such a performance for this price. They are so incredible fast.

Example:
When it was required to reboot the old root servers it has take 7 to 9 minutes until everything was back. Now the same Server with the same config and almost the same Database will need 3:20 minutes. Wowww!!! That's so cute.

Impact
DNS Packages are tiny packages. Round about 70 to 90kb. If you have a slow core system or a slow base than this will have impact to the queries. Now you will see that the response is a bit faster. It's still not as same as fast as I have had everything within the EQUINIX Datacenter in Munich. But for a virtual System it's ok. See the pictures below.

Of cause, all the default Testing and things are still disabled. My System is too weak to let all the things running what needs to run. I was also thinking about to enable DNSSEC but the problem is now the virtual Machines on users side are on the one hand too weak and I have a traffic limitation of 1 TB. That's too less to enable this.

The root Servers are hidden and they stay hidden. A mess as like as last week will not happens again. Actually I'm working on a solution to enable access for one Root Server from the kloth.net website. There you can check if something is wrong from my site and you can verify the pictures below.

Have fun and enjoy it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cloudflare.png
Views:	162
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	4555062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Google.png
Views:	162
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	4555063   Click image for larger version

Name:	keweon.png
Views:	160
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	4555072  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 11:15 PM |#1021  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesniper22

Hi @MrT69,
Is this correct?

Yep. That's correct. You allways will get some strange answers because it would make no sense when the Server are readable within this way.
Adblock Blocker nerds would develope a tiny PHP scripts and than the keweonDNS is history. A good friend is a WebDev and with him I have had hard tests.

And yes, it's a tiny secret.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)