OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 1,301

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poincare

Hello,

I have tried all of the DNS servers listed in the earlier posts. None of them seem to be working. O have pinged the IP addresses as listed in the post but none reply. Are all the Keweon DNS system servers offline or down?

For security reasons it was a need to disable a lot of things on the Servers. DNS is a very hurtable Technologie and to prevent almost any attacks it was a need to harden them within a special way.
None of them are answering on PING or any other things like that. If you want to check them do it in one of this ways:

1. Go to http://www.kloth.net/services/dig.php and check them.
2. If you have a Windows System:
- open a CMD command line
- type NSLOOKUP
- type SERVER x.x.x.x (the IP Address of the Server)
- type www.google.com (you will see the IP Address of Google)
3. Go to NIRSOFT Website and download "QUICKDNS CHANGER", then add all DNS Server to this tool and use it on Windows to find the fastest. DNS Benchmark is also not 100% working.

Any other things which even just look likes an attack against the Server will be classified as an attack and rejected. If it's to much the client IP Address will be blacklisted.
Sorry for this but until I have a damn good provider who provides a real security for DNS it is a need to have this kind of security. DNS "ANY" requests are also almost disabled and to much of them will also cause an Blacklist of the client IP Address for a damn long time.

Remember to the 21st October 2016 where the half global Internet was down. It was an attack against one single wrong configured DNS Server and I don't want to be responsible if this would happens again because of my DNS Servers. The problem is not DNS, the problem is that some people think that this is so funny.

I don't have also a monitoring running on all servers because this will cost additional money but once a day I do a manual check for all of them.

They are working and for security and performance reasons it is required to reboot them once a day at 3:30 AM (local time).

Hope this help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free

8th January 2018, 06:30 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Hi ... First of all thanks for building keweon. I'm using it on my K6 power, I have installed the root certificate and configured keweon dns. But on many site I see continuous popup about site being not secure and its irritating. I'm unable to attach screenshot now(BAD REQUEST in XDA app) but i will whenever possible. Sorry for any grammatical mistake.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhaskarjy0ti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhaskarjy0ti Ad-Free
8th January 2018, 07:07 AM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskarjy0ti

Hi ... First of all thanks for building keweon. I'm using it on my K6 power, I have installed the root certificate and configured keweon dns. But on many site I see continuous popup about site being not secure and its irritating. I'm unable to attach screenshot now(BAD REQUEST in XDA app) but i will whenever possible. Sorry for any grammatical mistake.

If you can do me a favor then create a list of all this sites, put it into a TXT file and send this text file to whitelist@keweon.center
If you send 100 files a day it doesn't matters. Really, I'm happy about any error you find.

Actually I'm still within the status to find errors and extend the whitelist. It will be a great thing to have all this things sorted out.

Million thanks in advance!!!!!!!
8th January 2018, 07:37 AM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

If you can do me a favor then create a list of all this sites, put it into a TXT file and send this text file to whitelist@keweon.center
If you send 100 files a day it doesn't matters. Really, I'm happy about any error you find.

Actually I'm still within the status to find errors and extend the whitelist. It will be a great thing to have all this things sorted out.

Million thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Sure i will.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhaskarjy0ti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhaskarjy0ti Ad-Free
8th January 2018, 03:19 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Does this DNS support DNS crypt?
8th January 2018, 06:26 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseogu

Does this DNS support DNS crypt?

Not at the moment.
As soon as I have a stronger System and enough money for a real Certificate (never ever Let's Encrypt) than this will be one of the first things.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
11th January 2018, 07:38 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Update for all of you

1. Server usage

The server usage seems to run stable now and the average usage is at 8 GB DNS traffic per month. That's cool.

2. keweon & ROM DEV's

If you want to implement keweonDNS by default to your ROM's, your welcome. It would be a great thing but please tell the users to support wrong listed websites to me. They should send a TXT file with the URL to: whitelist@keweon.center and if they have found something which needs to be blocked than send the URL within a TXT file to: blacklist@keweon.center

3. Blocking Algorithm will change

I have changed the blocking algorithm to more aggressive. If you want to compare this within Levels than I changed it from Level 3 to Level 5.
After a 4 weeks test it seems it's working with harder and deeper filtering. I have only 2 companies here in Germany who have tested it and it seems it's working.

I will enable this on the current system on Saturday morning 4:00 AM GMT +1. No interuption or reboot is required.

Therefore I would need you feedback. If there is to much false-positive blocking I will move back. I don't expect to move back but let's see. I can't check round about 100 millions of websites but I guess on Saturday afternoon we know more.

Thanks for your help in advance!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
12th January 2018, 11:33 PM |#108  

More
Not sure why it is happening but if I enable JavaScript while browsing this warning appears multiple times. Does this happen with others or just me ? I already send the blacklist sites that causes these warnings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180113-045614.png
Views:	138
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	4387518  
13th January 2018, 09:21 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not sure why it is happening but if I enable JavaScript while browsing this warning appears multiple times. Does this happen with others or just me ? I already send the blacklist sites that causes these warnings.

PN me the sites where this error happens.
I need to do a manual investigation if it's still happens.

It also seems that you haven't the keweon Certificate installed. Can you install it and double check?

Thanks in advance.
13th January 2018, 03:17 PM |#110  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

PN me the sites where this error happens.
I need to do a manual investigation if it's still happens.

It also seems that you haven't the keweon Certificate installed. Can you install it and double check?

Thanks in advance.

I have the certificate installed(screenshot attached). Okay I will check and report everything I can figure out about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180113-204211.png
Views:	92
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	4388101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180113-204438.png
Views:	94
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	4388104  
13th January 2018, 04:03 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have the certificate installed(screenshot attached). Okay I will check and report everything I can figure out about it.

That's it!

The HTTPS certificate is only for all the HTTPS errors. No monitoring. No tracking. No data collection.

Unfortunately the ads industries has moved almost everything to HTTPS for prevent blocking.

As long as they believe they can do what they want I do the same thing just against it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)