FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

keweonDNS - now with improved Certificate (iOS, Mac & Android)

1,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,296
 
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2018, 05:03 PM |#111  
MrT69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 4,296
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskarjy0ti

I have the certificate installed(screenshot attached). Okay I will check and report everything I can figure out about it.

That's it!

The HTTPS certificate is only for all the HTTPS errors. No monitoring. No tracking. No data collection.

Unfortunately the ads industries has moved almost everything to HTTPS for prevent blocking.

As long as they believe they can do what they want I do the same thing just against it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 09:40 AM |#112  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Oops ... Seems like the problem was with my browser. No idea why, I liked this one a lot(screenshot). But I checked again with Firefox and Chrome and everything is working perfectly. Guess I will have to switch browsers now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180114-135111.png
Views:	234
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	4388763  
The Following User Says Thank You to bhaskarjy0ti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhaskarjy0ti Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 05:08 AM |#113  
MrT69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 4,296
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskarjy0ti

Oops ... Seems like the problem was with my browser. No idea why, I liked this one a lot(screenshot). But I checked again with Firefox and Chrome and everything is working perfectly. Guess I will have to switch browsers now

That's interesting.
I also have had seen the problem with boston.com and Chrome via keweonDNS.
With Mozilla it's ads free, with Chrome the g00 Adblock detection is working.

Strange things...
15th January 2018, 10:59 AM |#114  
MrT69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 4,296
 
Donate to Me
More
SERVER DOWNTIME:

Information:
For urgent provider maintenance tomorrow morning (TUE 08:10 AM GMT+1) the ZSB/ZSP Service (5.189.169.177) will be offline for max 45 minutes.

Security Impact:
No security impact. The filtering is still working.

Other Impact:
Ugly holes within the browsers and a lot of HTTPS errors
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 07:12 PM |#115  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
thank you so much
The Following User Says Thank You to hicham_mahi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hicham_mahi Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 01:41 PM |#116  
problemathic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Been using now. As you replied on my comment on MOAB. Installed the certificate for chrome and firefox. Got DNS changer app. I want singapore. Primary and secondary DNS?
16th January 2018, 02:25 PM |#117  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

SERVER DOWNTIME:

Information:
For urgent provider maintenance tomorrow morning (TUE 08:10 AM GMT+1) the ZSB/ZSP Service (5.189.169.177) will be offline for max 45 minutes.

Security Impact:
No security impact. The filtering is still working.

Other Impact:
Ugly holes within the browsers and a lot of HTTPS errors

Hi, I created this magisk module to use keweon dns without any paid app or vpn (Thanks to tanu548 for Advanced DNS Manager). I also added three other dns ( opendns, adguard & google) to use if keweon is down for maintenance. Please check it out and if you like it then maybe you can recommend it to others. Thanks in advance.

Installation :
Flash using Magisk or recovery
How to use :
  1. Open Terminal
  2. Type : su
  3. Type : keweon
  4. Select your dns
  5. reboot and done
How to check your DNS (noobs way) :
Goto https://dnsleaktest.com and click on any of the test. It will show the DNS servers you are using.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Systemless-keweon-DNS-Manager-v1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.5 KB, 30 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bhaskarjy0ti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhaskarjy0ti Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 02:26 PM |#118  
MrT69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 4,296
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename:acero

Been using now. As you replied on my comment on MOAB. Installed the certificate for chrome and firefox. Got DNS changer app. I want singapore. Primary and secondary DNS?

As far as I know the Singapore Server runs damn fast from China and the chinese government already knows about my DNS Servers. Know this from a good trusted source

Right now only one is available so use the same IP for both settings.

Actually I'm trying to get the AMAZON ACTIVE PLUS funding for my project and if they agree and place the funding than you will get your 2nd DNS.

But that's a damn huge paperwork at the moment...
16th January 2018, 02:46 PM |#119  
MrT69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 4,296
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskarjy0ti

Hi, I created this magisk module to use keweon dns without any paid app or vpn (Thanks to tanu548 for Advanced DNS Manager). I also added three other dns ( opendns, adguard & google) to use if keweon is down for maintanance. Please check it out and if you like it then you can make it official. Thanks in advance.

Installation :
Flash using Magisk or recovery
How to use :

  1. Open Terminal
  2. Type : su
  3. Type : keweon
  4. Select your dns
  5. reboot and done
How to check your DNS :
Goto https://dnsleaktest.com and click on any of the test. It will show the DNS servers you are using.

I don't want do root my device because I need it for debugging websites and other things. That's the reason why I can't use it.

BUT - can you try to build it again and include the keweon Certificate within one package? That might be interesting and than the user don't need to use a PIN when they want to use the certificate. It would be great if you can provide finaly 2 packages. One with Certificate and the other without it.

It's a long time ago when I was playing around with ROM's. I created my last own ROM 4yrs ago on Android 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 03:46 PM |#120  
problemathic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

As far as I know the Singapore Server runs damn fast from China and the chinese government already knows about my DNS Servers. Know this from a good trusted source

Right now only one is available so use the same IP for both settings.

Actually I'm trying to get the AMAZON ACTIVE PLUS funding for my project and if they agree and place the funding than you will get your 2nd DNS.

But that's a damn huge paperwork at the moment...

Im not using the dns server. Im just having the certificate and the host file for certificate. Servers blocking most of the site i visited daily. Softwares updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to problemathic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift problemathic Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 04:03 PM |#121  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

I don't want do root my device because I need it for debugging websites and other things. That's the reason why I can't use it.

BUT - can you try to build it again and include the keweon Certificate within one package? That might be interesting and than the user don't need to use a PIN when they want to use the certificate. It would be great if you can provide finaly 2 packages. One with Certificate and the other without it.

It's a long time ago when I was playing around with ROM's. I created my last own ROM 4yrs ago on Android 5.

Here it is. With certificate installed as system certificate.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Systemless-keweon-DNS-Manager-v1.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.8 KB, 62 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bhaskarjy0ti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhaskarjy0ti Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes