FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

keweonDNS - now with improved Certificate (iOS, Mac & Android)

1,616 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,010

Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 05:49 AM |#2691  
Flag Kolaghat
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoti.id

Right now its not opening. It was before.

It's opening via Opera Beta but not with Google Chrome.
The Following User Says Thank You to jyoti.id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jyoti.id Ad-Free

11th September 2019, 07:08 AM |#2692  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's opening via Opera Beta but not with Google Chrome.

I can't confirm this. It's working within my Mobile, my Laptop and I have installed there also my certificate.

I was also testing it with Andyroid and it's also working. The problem is as long as I don't see any issues I can't fix it.

Do me a favor and clear the entire cache from Chrome and give it a try again.
11th September 2019, 07:26 AM |#2693  
Flag Kolaghat
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

I can't confirm this. It's working within my Mobile, my Laptop and I have installed there also my certificate.

I was also testing it with Andyroid and it's also working. The problem is as long as I don't see any issues I can't fix it.

Do me a favor and clear the entire cache from Chrome and give it a try again.

🙁😟☹️ did, but Still no help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190911-115557.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	4818066  
The Following User Says Thank You to jyoti.id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jyoti.id Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 02:02 PM |#2694  
Thanks Meter: 713

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

And don't forget that I'm responsible for the clima problem just because of the certificate.

Tell me- what does the SSL certificate do with a Domain Name System server? And why is your DNS server the only one in the world that would suggest installing one?

If it's just resolving a domain name to an IP address and handing that IP address off to me so I can get to my destination, the green padlock in my browser should be for the certificate of the site I'm visiting. The whole point of the SSL certificate validation is to tell me I'm where I intended to go.

What DNS server software is this that requires the SSL certificate?
The Following User Says Thank You to jawz101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jawz101 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 03:11 PM |#2695  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz101

Tell me- what does the SSL certificate do with a Domain Name System server? And why is your DNS server the only one in the world that would suggest installing one?

If it's just resolving a domain name to an IP address and handing that IP address off to me so I can get to my destination, the green padlock in my browser should be for the certificate of the site I'm visiting. The whole point of the SSL certificate validation is to tell me I'm where I intended to go.

I think it require if you want to remove the empty space of ad after the dns blocking ad server,dns server cant get into https traffic they need root certificate to get into https traffic and remove empty spaces and https ads,Adguard dns also have CA for this purpose,if you trust the provider you can install CA or you could just use dns only,but one should be carful when installing unknown certificate in their devices bcoz if the CA provider is bad person or some kind of spying agency,they will know exactly what are you doing on the internet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NightFox029 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NightFox029 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 03:37 PM |#2696  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz101

The Cert has nothing to do with the DNS Service and both are working complete independent.
Because of Adblocking HTTPS calls create errors within the Browser, causes ugly holes and it slows down the speed because of errors.

To get rid of all the errors and clean up websites just only for this the certificate will work.
A few ads provider working also with HTTPS error detection to see if you will do ad block or not.

A former company in Germany went bankrupt because they wasn't able to provide a clean HTTPS support.

https://eblocker.com

I also don't force anyone to use it. If you are fine just by adblock then use the DNS only. If you want to clean up everything and have a faster page load then use the Cert.

I'm aware that using a Cert requires trust but it's nothing different compared to a VPN. You will only use it if you trust the provider.

The entire Project is still within a Test and if you have a better solution or a better Idea then everything is welcome. I just want to demonstrate protection within the Internet is possible. It's not just about ads blocking. It's also privacy, Data spying and a lot of other evil things.

Whatever you see or whatever is possible it's always up to you to decide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 03:44 PM |#2697  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

🙁😟☹️ did, but Still no help

Can't believe this... strange thing.
Let me do some tests.

EDIT:
Whatever I do it's working. Is it possible for you to connect to my server at home? I just want to see what's going wrong.
If yes then PM me pls.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
13th September 2019, 11:59 AM |#2698  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Hi, I'm getting problems with Reddit app on Android when using keweonDNS trough Blokada, as soon as I swich to AdGuard DNS, Reddit is working again. Reddit can be opened but topics didn't load. Somebody know where can be problem? Problem is also with certificate.
Yesterday, 07:45 AM |#2699  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmn.br

Hi, I'm getting problems with Reddit app on Android when using keweonDNS trough Blokada, as soon as I swich to AdGuard DNS, Reddit is working again. Reddit can be opened but topics didn't load. Somebody know where can be problem? Problem is also with certificate.

Hey brother, can you please tell me how to use KeweonDNS with Blockada?
Yesterday, 09:15 AM |#2700  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamaShani

Hey brother, can you please tell me how to use KeweonDNS with Blockada?

Have look on screenshot, keep on mind u need download Blokada from XDA Labs, on Play Store is different version...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190914-101338_Blokada.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	4819342  
The Following User Says Thank You to rmn.br For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmn.br Ad-Free
Yesterday, 12:27 PM |#2701  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmn.br

Have look on screenshot, keep on mind u need download Blokada from XDA Labs, on Play Store is different version...

Can you please explain why the Cert causes problems?
It's only working with the blacklists. Everything on the blacklist is using this so it's not a problem with the cert. It's a problem with the blacklists.

And reddit is definitely working because I'm also some time on reddit. I have no idea about the Blokada App but from my experience it's almost a problem with additional blacklists.

When I'm using DoH or DoT then everything on reddit is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)