FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

keweonDNS - now with improved Certificate (iOS, Mac & Android)

1,714 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,331
 
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2020, 08:53 PM |#2911  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
@MrT69 Big fan of your work here.... But I'd like to ask something unrelated
The biggest ISP of India uses deep packet inspection to collect data on consumers. Is there any way to prevent it without TOr or VPNs ?
Source :
https://cis-india.org/internet-gover...block-websites
https://in.reuters.com/article/relia...-idINKCN11611V
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surya790 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surya790 Ad-Free
7th January 2020, 10:07 PM |#2912  
MrT69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 4,331
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surya790

@MrT69 Big fan of your work here.... But I'd like to ask something unrelated
The biggest ISP of India uses deep packet inspection to collect data on consumers. Is there any way to prevent it without TOr or VPNs ?
Source :
https://cis-india.org/internet-gover...block-websites
https://in.reuters.com/article/relia...-idINKCN11611V

At the moment there is no real chance to prevent this. The solution against this would be eSNI (encrypted SNI).

This thing is currently still under development and it's still not finished.

But keep in mind that you have 2 problems.

The one thing is DNS which will be tracked. If you would use eSNI via DNS your Provider is still able to track what you are doing. It's not a problem to enable on a CISCO Switch logging to check the SNI packages and log this.

For SNI there is no decryption required. They don't have the option to decrypt the traffic in detail but the see who you are, what are you doing and how long you are doing this.

Because of keweon I was talking with a lot of providers within Germany. They all don't want to support me because they are logging the DNS traffic and sell the Data. Even a big German Mobile provider told this to me that they would loose too much money.

It seems I have had a good idea at the wrong time. User data are currently more valuable than gold or any applicable law.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
8th January 2020, 03:50 PM |#2913  
Timmmmaaahh's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 5,796
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surya790

(...) The biggest ISP of India uses deep packet inspection to collect data on consumers. Is there any way to prevent it without TOr or VPNs ? (...)

If your worried about subscription costs of VPNs, I can certainly recommend one of the lifetime VPN subscriptions offered at XDA Depot. And I'm not saying that as a moderator (I know, cheesy!) but I got the Ivacy lifetime from the Depot two years ago and it's been well worth it! Sorry for following a bit in the OT but I guess we're all here to achieve a bit more privacy

Don't buy just any VPN subscription, do your research beforehand. I'm sure you can find one that is perfect for your needs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
9th January 2020, 04:50 AM |#2914  
vivekchamoli's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 265
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmmmaaahh

If your worried about subscription costs of VPNs, I can certainly recommend one of the lifetime VPN subscriptions offered at XDA Depot. And I'm not saying that as a moderator (I know, cheesy!) but I got the Ivacy lifetime from the Depot two years ago and it's been well worth it! Sorry for following a bit in the OT but I guess we're all here to achieve a bit more privacy

Don't buy just any VPN subscription, do your research beforehand. I'm sure you can find one that is perfect for your needs.

Mee too ..i got it 2years back from xda promotion depot.
9th January 2020, 08:05 AM |#2915  
MrT69's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 4,331
 
Donate to Me
More
I already have calculated a VPN solution with a total bandwidth of 4,2 TBit. Only the Infrastructure will cost round about 600.000 EUR per year. But there is no man power, Software or anything else calculated.

How the hell they are able to provide a free of charge VPN without selling data???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
10th January 2020, 12:39 AM |#2916  
Timmmmaaahh's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 5,796
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

I already have calculated a VPN solution with a total bandwidth of 4,2 TBit. Only the Infrastructure will cost round about 600.000 EUR per year. But there is no man power, Software or anything else calculated.



How the hell they are able to provide a free of charge VPN without selling data???

Damn Torsten, you had to ruin it again for me!
Can't I have at least the illusion of privacy for once?

I don't really think they sell user data though, at least not personalised. They make a big deal of not keeping logs and they've been independently tested on that. A service like Ivacy is quite popular and has many paying users, most of them on monthly basis as the average consumer doesn't always find their way to these lifetime subscriptions. Also keep into account that not every user makes much use of the service.

I'm sure if you had a few thousand keweon subscribers paying $/€/£/¥5 each month, that would enable you to pursue some of those wild ideas you have. Right?

Wrapped with delicious Fajita
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes