13th June 2018, 01:52 PM |#651  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 4,598

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5amar31

We are only trying to make this a better system. I have stopped using Facebook 3 years back. We shouldn't even use Amazon now?

Strictly speaking, I guess not. Unless we can fend off the domains with all the tracking/ads and the main page is clean. I know it isn't reasonable to block these major services, I was just making an example and I really hate FB (they've taken my mother hostage ). I personally use Amazon myself on occasion. Heck, I'd be a hypocrite to say we have to block everything that's tracking us as a Google account owner (I do use DuckDuckGo for search though!). It's actually pretty crazy how much domains take advantage of our personal data nowadays...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free

13th June 2018, 04:20 PM |#652  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 1,772

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5amar31

We are only trying to make this a better system. I have stopped using Facebook 3 years back. We shouldn't even use Amazon now?

Doing nothing is not a solution either. This has been clearly demonstrated in recent years.
I think the advertising industry is really convinced that the Internet belongs to them. That's why I fight against any kind of advertising. Privacy? Yes, we ignore it, of course. Responsible advertising? Good point to give all users a big sh*t. And if they do not accept the huge sh*t we'll go to court.

My 7-year-old daughter watched some YouTube children's videos and suddenly a bloody shooter game advertisement appeared. Of course with the warning "only over 18 years". She had nightmares for 3 days. And I'm so damn sure I'm not alone with this problem.

Freedom doesn't mean you're free. Freedom is the permission to fight for your right and freedom without any weapons.

I am not vindictive. I simple forget nothing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 02:35 AM |#653  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
use newpipe for youtube
FOSS FTW
https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases
14th June 2018, 07:58 AM |#654  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamitNayan

use newpipe for youtube
FOSS FTW
https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases

Good thing for Android.
But how do you make it free of ads within XBox, PlayStation, TVApps, IPhone or AppleTV? And this are only a few examples.

That's why I have invented it That's the Idea behind keweon. I want to offer a solution which is 110% OS independend.

1. Change your SOHO Router DNS Address
2. Connect to it
3. Taadaaaa - have fun
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 03:11 PM |#655  
Flag Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I just set it up on my router and I have a few questions:
Under the list of dns servers you provide there's two ipv4 running 6.80 and then there's a bunch running a older version underneath. Do I just use the top two or take one from 6.80 as my primary and then use the older one as the backup?

Another question I have in regards to the whitelist, I was running my tests to see if any website is broken and noticed that arstechnica would load but the page would be broken layout wise with the keweondns icon in the favicon. Would submitting to the whitelist resolve the layout issue or is it because of the stuff the site relies on would need whitelisting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seguraf13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Seguraf13 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 08:02 PM |#656  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguraf13

I just set it up on my router and I have a few questions:
Under the list of dns servers you provide there's two ipv4 running 6.80 and then there's a bunch running a older version underneath. Do I just use the top two or take one from 6.80 as my primary and then use the older one as the backup?

Another question I have in regards to the whitelist, I was running my tests to see if any website is broken and noticed that arstechnica would load but the page would be broken layout wise with the keweondns icon in the favicon. Would submitting to the whitelist resolve the layout issue or is it because of the stuff the site relies on would need whitelisting.

Hi & thanks for the info about arstechnica!!!

The DNS Servers are only different at the backend. This is almost only for me when a user is claiming about non working sites. Than I see what's going wrong and why and I don't need to open my documentation to see the difference.

The version 6.8.x has a complete new Server protection build in. For you and all other users it doesn't matters. You only need to find out which one is the fastest. I hope the 176.9.62.x Servers will do the Job.

arstechnica

I was working right now at this website and the problem was that they are using base64 encoded links. Programmers thinks that this is a good protection against Adblocking but this is only half the truth. Indeed it is no protection but it's good that they believe this.

The website is now working and also the videos are running. If you see any additional things on the site than let me know this please.

I will to do the upload as usual and the database is active at 4:00 AM GMT +1. Than your website is working again. Thanks for your great support and let me know when I can help!!!

Have fun & enjoy it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 09:08 AM |#657  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Info for all Users in Germany

The German Federal Office for Information Security (aka. BSI - Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik) has whitelisted my both Root Servers and the current 176.9.62.58 and 176.9.62.62 Server.

The whitelisting of the both Root Server happened at October 2017 based on my request to the BSI. The public DNS (176.9.x.x) servers were automatically (!) put on the BSI DNS Server whitelist about 4 weeks ago. (1st week of May 2018)

This means the BSI keeps an eye on the keweonDNS project. That makes me real damn proud.

This is a very important step for me if the system is to be licensed by companies. Unfortunately, I have no financial means to get keweon certified by the BSI. That would be awesome if that happens one day.

At this point thanks a lot to the Team of the BSI.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 04:48 PM |#658  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello sir. Images are not showing up on quora.com
The Following User Says Thank You to murali3127 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift murali3127 Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 06:54 PM |#659  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murali3127

Hello sir. Images are not showing up on quora.com

Interesting site. 😉
Since a few minutes I also have an account.

EDIT:

And I already have found the errors. Working on it and upload is in progress
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 11:11 PM |#660  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Update in progress

A huge update is in progress. I removed round about 30 Million Domains from the blacklist to have better positiv results. The white list requests during the last 8 weeks was below 500.000 and I guess it's time to remove the entire crap within the next few days.

The current white list has now exactly 240.931.589 entires.

The current whitelist database has now a size of 9,464 GB. That's exactly the thing I want to have. A damn huge whitelist database.

The entire filtering is reduced again to Level 6 and I guess at the end you all will have less false/positive results.

Hope you enjoy this and during the next days the entire System will become better and better.

Thanks a lot to all of you!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 02:45 AM |#661  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
https://m.cricbuzz.com shows ads
but if i use browser ad blocking no ads shown
(P.S. http version of this site shows more ads,so https is preffered)
The Following User Says Thank You to NamitNayan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NamitNayan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)