Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2019, 02:02 PM |#2511  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT69

YouTube Info

First at all let me say sorry for the "blackout" of YouTube. This was an unwanted accident.

I'm trying a new way to block YouTube ads and because I have only one test/integration system I happens yesterday that only one part of the new solution was inside the update. This caused a blackout of YouTube.

As I noticed about this I was uploading a fix but it seems I have had still old DNS cache informations inside my router and this caused a false result.

The problem is now fixed within a few minutes. Until the post of @vtec303 I still assumed that Youtube is working.

I hope you can excuse this mistake.

ok, thanks for that, I will try again and report back, cheers.

EDIT: working fine now, thanks for sorting this out, cheers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vtec303 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vtec303 Ad-Free

14th May 2019, 07:04 PM |#2512  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn
Thanks Meter: 3,865

Donate to Me
More
Youtube Update - Part 2

This is driving me crazy.
I would need 3 additional DNS Servers to get YouTube free of Ads. But this is 100% working only in Chrome, Andoid, IPhone and on AppleTV, XBox and Playstation but not in Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox or Safari. I don't understand this.

In addition I don't get rid of this anoying frames:

Why I would need 3 additional Servers?

That's a problem which is related to YouTube DNS Servers. All the DNS entries has a TTL of 300 (5 minutes) and to cover this I would need a few more servers. They are changing the IP Address for whatever reasons but I haven't seen any kind of logic when they change the IP Address. Just to get rid of all the Ads its too expensive for me at the moment.

If someone can provide an idea let me know this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 09:49 AM |#2513  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:

Youtube Update - Part 2

This is driving me crazy.
I would need 3 additional DNS Servers to get YouTube free of Ads. But this is 100% working only in Chrome, Andoid, IPhone and on AppleTV, XBox and Playstation but not in Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox or Safari. I don't understand this.

In addition I don't get rid of this anoying frames:

Why I would need 3 additional Servers?

That's a problem which is related to YouTube DNS Servers. All the DNS entries has a TTL of 300 (5 minutes) and to cover this I would need a few more servers. They are changing the IP Address for whatever reasons but I haven't seen any kind of logic when they change the IP Address. Just to get rid of all the Ads its too expensive for me at the moment.

If someone can provide an idea let me know this.

Thanks so much for this DNS. I stumbled on this when I downloaded Blokada and now have it set up as the dns for my home router and phones. Works perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Twotems For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Twotems Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 02:58 PM |#2514  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
keweon Update - Samsung S8/S8 Plus devices

Samsung S8/S8+ devices has a problem on Android 9 and connecting to DoT (Privacy DNS) via Android OS. Samsung knows about the problem (or bug) since a few months and until today there is no patch in process.

If they won't do somethings then I do it from the other side

I have adjusted the DNS Servers to work with Samsung S8/S8+ devices to support natively "DNS over TLS" via AndroidOS.

The Server is actually within hidden and restricted Beta Test but I guess tomorrow I will move this to the Online Servers.

If you have a S8/S8+ with Android 9 installed and you are already using the "Privacy DNS" feature then let me know please what kind of Firmware and which Server you are using. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hope you enjoy this!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
23rd May 2019, 05:40 AM |#2515  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
keweon Update

The keweonDNS Server supports now DNSSEC for more security. At the moment not all servers are working with DNSSEC but most of them and the rest will be done during the next days.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
23rd May 2019, 01:25 PM |#2516  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
At this point let me say thanks to you

Yesterday it was the first day for the "Micro AI" solution which is databased managed.

Thanks a lot to all of you for the great support by sending all the false positiv things. In summary I was able to filter out round about 1.8 Million false/positive.

A few minutes ago I still see some false blocked site but I guess it's now better then bevore.

Keep an eye on your sites and let me know when you see some ads or non working sites.

Facts since Januar 2019:

Reported f/p:
623.817 entries

Reported broken Sites:
15.053 entries

Reported Block Requests:
86.224 entries

Removed entries because of user Reporting:
1.729.412 entries

Removed entries by AI solution:
2.416.873 entries

Blacklist Database export to HOSTS file:
5.4 GB

Whitelist Database export to HOSTS file:
970 MB

Thanks again to all of you.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 05:30 AM |#2517  
Thanks Meter: 1,986

More
Quote:

At this point let me say thanks to you

Yesterday it was the first day for the "Micro AI" solution which is databased managed.

Thanks a lot to all of you for the great support by sending all the false positiv things. In summary I was able to filter out round about 1.8 Million false/positive.

A few minutes ago I still see some false blocked site but I guess it's now better then bevore.

Keep an eye on your sites and let me know when you see some ads or non working sites.

Facts since Januar 2019:

Reported f/p:
623.817 entries

Reported broken Sites:
15.053 entries

Reported Block Requests:
86.224 entries

Removed entries because of user Reporting:
1.729.412 entries

Removed entries by AI solution:
2.416.873 entries

Blacklist Database export to HOSTS file:
5.4 GB

Whitelist Database export to HOSTS file:
970 MB

Thanks again to all of you.

Can you please give the import file for https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rd.smokescreen so that it's easy to add with one clock in the app to import the right settings for your dns!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to methuselah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift methuselah Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 10:58 AM |#2518  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by methuselah

Can you please give the import file for https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rd.smokescreen so that it's easy to add with one clock in the app to import the right settings for your dns!

Open this address http://smokescreen.app/keweon and import the settings.

Thanks a lot!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrT69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrT69 Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 11:29 AM |#2519  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey I finally managed enable keweon DNS using stubby on my win 10 system,just curious does it block windows 10 tracking and telementary?
The Following User Says Thank You to Q-werty-Q For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Q-werty-Q Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 12:33 PM |#2520  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-werty-Q

Hey I finally managed enable keweon DNS using stubby on my win 10 system,just curious does it block windows 10 tracking and telementary?

First at all, can you send me the Strings you have worked out? I want provide them for DNSCloak for iOS.

And Windows 10 is just minimal blocked. I would need for this a Company to sort this out. As I have had it done for me at home Windows 10 was working but a lot of Enterprise Features was not longer working.

I would need Active Directory, Wsus, SCCM and Office365 installatuon for a long term logging and then it is possible to block the entire Microsoft crap.

The next Problem with Microsoft is the "internal Windows DNS Server".
If you block something then Windows notice this and then it bypass the DNS Server. You can see this very easy when you install Microsoft HyperV, install a Windows 10, log with DNS Tools from NirSoft and wait 2 or 3 days. Interesting results.
24th May 2019, 12:47 PM |#2521  
OP Senior Member
Flag Königsbrunn

Donate to Me
More
keweon on iOS

At the moment I know 2 Apps for iOS devices. The first thing is DNSCloak and in addition there is this App:

Morhill DoH Switcher von MonkeyBroker, LLC
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/morh...451319401?mt=8

My son is using this and this App is doing it's Job. At the moment this App supports only DoH but if someone can contect the Dev I guess DoT support should be not a big problem.

iOS device Apps also using manually added Root Certificates. If Apple supports also with the next iOS "Privacy DNS" then I' m done with Android.

It would be great if some people can test this App (it's Freeware) and give some Feedback.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblocker, dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)