Announcement | Request for BETA testers
its been a while since the last update right?
ok here we go. v4.0 is in the works since a while.. heavily.. and its now in a state where I need brave testers!
v4.0 will come with:
- project re-design (why and so on will be explained with the release) - this part is a WIP and will take some time to complete - but it has started already.
- many many bugfixes and new software versions ofc
- complete new desktop feeling
- very likely I will drop persistent builds (if not I will go with one size only)
- and ofc .. last but not least with the option to:
- flash on disk (standalone or as dual-boot with e.g. Windows)
- flash on a dedicated USB stick (USB multi-boot will work with the ISO only as it is right now)
- flash on a VirtualBox hard-disk
- .... and ofc MORE
While I am happy for feedback on the new design and how the new ISO builds work for you the most important feature will be the installer obviously.
I cannot test every hardware out there and not every option so I need users willing to test that feature.
I use a well-tested standard framework for the installation (Calamares) but there is always a risk ofc.
so e.g. when you install in parallel you really should know how to recover if something fails. I am here to help but well ... sometimes free time is soooo rare
I have tested:
- standalone installation on a new/free disk
- parallel installation with Windows 10 (BIOS/legacy mode, ie. not UEFI yet)
If you like to help this is your chance: Drop me a note in the Telegram Group CLICK
Using just the ISO is risk-free as always so even if you do not want to test the installer feel free to join.
Thanks in advance for any support