FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do we need a 32bit version of FWUL?

it would be nice to have but I will not die if not

111 Vote(s)
47.23%
32bit? Is that something to eat?

41 Vote(s)
17.45%
Are you kidding? NO absolutely NOT!

56 Vote(s)
23.83%
Yes I need it so bad..

27 Vote(s)
11.49%

[LIVE-ISO][FWUL]adb/fastboot without any installation and driver issues [v3.1]

5,317 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,490

By steadfasterX, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 27th December 2016, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from steadfasterX: BETA TESTERS NEEDED! Read the details here -->
27th June 2020, 09:30 PM |#1071  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone is not detected on my computer
First, I'd like to congratulate the developer for this app. It looks really great! Once, my phone will be detected on my computer it'll be much easier comparing to other methods I aware of.

Someone gave me a phone (Xiaomi Mi9T) which does not turn on at all. I tried all the tricks (volume up / power button, volume down / power button, volume up & down/ power button), but it does not turn on. The led lit up on the phone so it's charging, but that's all.

I've managed to boot FWUL on a live USB key and was thinking that perhaps it could help me but my phone is not detected on my computer.

I changed the USB port, changed the cable, but it still the same.

When I connect the phone I get nothing on the file manager in FWUL but also when I boot in Mint.

Any ideas to share??
28th June 2020, 09:33 AM |#1072  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMWWW

First, I'd like to congratulate the developer for this app. It looks really great! Once, my phone will be detected on my computer it'll be much easier comparing to other methods I aware of.

Someone gave me a phone (Xiaomi Mi9T) which does not turn on at all. I tried all the tricks (volume up / power button, volume down / power button, volume up & down/ power button), but it does not turn on. The led lit up on the phone so it's charging, but that's all.

I've managed to boot FWUL on a live USB key and was thinking that perhaps it could help me but my phone is not detected on my computer.

I changed the USB port, changed the cable, but it still the same.

When I connect the phone I get nothing on the file manager in FWUL but also when I boot in Mint.

Any ideas to share??

well even though FWUL/mAid is great it cannot do miracles
what you can try is opening a terminal and type:

lsusb
(and press ENTER)

to see if the device gets anyhow connected (compare the output without connected device and with).
other then that you should better ask in one of the forums for your device as every device needs special handling for a recovery.

gl

.-
29th June 2020, 03:31 PM |#1073  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 54

More
i install FWUL_v3.1_x86_64_30GB_persistent.vdi in this link of @sdembiske but virtual system just black screen
what can i do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 21.26.48.png
Views:	108
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	5050229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 21.26.55.png
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	5050231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 21.27.02.png
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	5050233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 21.27.10.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	5050235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 21.27.30.png
Views:	104
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	5050237  
30th June 2020, 05:17 AM |#1074  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman20

i install FWUL_v3.1_x86_64_30GB_persistent.vdi in this link of @sdembiske but virtual system just black screen
what can i do?

1. Disable EFI in system
2. Set VGA to VboxVGA even when it warns about it
3. Use the mAid nightly iso instead of FWUL 3.1, add a 30 GB disk, start mAid , start the installer and install mAid directly on the vbox hdd ( 1 can be set to EFI then but 2 still apply)

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2020, 02:45 PM |#1075  
Flag Hà Nội

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

1. Disable EFI in system
2. Set VGA to VboxVGA even when it warns about it
3. Use the mAid nightly iso instead of FWUL 3.1, add a 30 GB disk, start mAid , start the installer and install mAid directly on the vbox hdd ( 1 can be set to EFI then but 2 still apply)

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro using XDA Labs

thanks, i now trying with your advice. so with mAid can be multiboot in real system machine? but i must uncheck in EFI option of virtualbox to boot into installer mAid, how can boot with EFI to make it working together my real system UEFI multiboot Clover boot?
and about process installing mAid, i dont see guide for it. In these steps, which option is correctly? thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 21.01.04.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	5050701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 21.01.16.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	5050703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 21.03.07.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	5050705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 21.08.48.png
Views:	66
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	5050707  
30th June 2020, 03:32 PM |#1076  
Thanks Meter: 1,462

More
Quote:

what can i do?

Just tested the VDI in the latest VirtualBox version and had no issues.

Things to try:
Disable EFI in Extended Features in System settings
Disable 3D acceleration in Display settings

Also, I'm not sure about the location of your VDI - Mine is in:
C:\Users\username\VirtualBox VMs\FWUL_v3.1_x86_64_30GB_persistent.vdi
May want to check that as well.
30th June 2020, 04:11 PM |#1077  
Flag Hà Nội

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdembiske

Just tested the VDI in the latest VirtualBox version and had no issues.

Things to try:
Disable EFI in Extended Features in System settings
Disable 3D acceleration in Display settings

Also, I'm not sure about the location of your VDI - Mine is in:
C:\Users\username\VirtualBox VMs\FWUL_v3.1_x86_64_30GB_persistent.vdi
May want to check that as well.

ops, in my case im using hackintosh, not window
30th June 2020, 04:21 PM |#1078  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks, i now trying with your advice. so with mAid can be multiboot in real system machine? but i must uncheck in EFI option of virtualbox to boot into installer mAid, how can boot with EFI to make it working together my real system UEFI multiboot Clover boot?
and about process installing mAid, i dont see guide for it. In these steps, which option is correctly? thanks

yes mAid will allow multiboot a real system but that is still beta and will likely not work with a MAC (no way of testing that either).
mAid does support EFI so it works when enabling EFI in VirtualBox - while that has been tested on Windows and Linux versions of VirtualBox only.
there is no final guide for mAid out there as there is no stable release for it yet.
But you can check out the current guides here: https://code.binbash.rocks:8443/mAid/build/wiki

for that particular step you shown just choose the 5.4 or 4.19 kernel (if you plan to use SP Flashtool program you have to go with 5.4 though).

.-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2020, 05:32 PM |#1079  
Thanks Meter: 1,462

More
Quote:

ops, in my case im using hackintosh, not window

That could explain the issue with the VDI as it is made with Virtual Box in Windows 10.

What I might suggest is that you follow the instructions that I wrote up in post # 483 in your Mac allowing for any differences in the location of the Oracle Virtual Box program location and the location of the VDI when it's completed etc. That should take care of any OS differences that are arising in making the VDI.

I suspect that might solve the issue. Other Mac users would probably very much appreciate it if you would then upload the made VDI and provide a link for other members to use it. I know it is asking for a little extra effort but other members could benefit from your effort.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdembiske For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdembiske Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 02:40 PM |#1080  
Flag Hà Nội

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

yes mAid will allow multiboot a real system but that is still beta and will likely not work with a MAC (no way of testing that either).
mAid does support EFI so it works when enabling EFI in VirtualBox - while that has been tested on Windows and Linux versions of VirtualBox only.
there is no final guide for mAid out there as there is no stable release for it yet.
But you can check out the current guides here: https://code.binbash.rocks:8443/mAid/build/wiki

for that particular step you shown just choose the 5.4 or 4.19 kernel (if you plan to use SP Flashtool program you have to go with 5.4 though).

.-

Thanks, actualy i using hackintosh, with Clover bootloader, maybe can boot with mAid, hope final release version!
But i try in virtualbox, cant boot with UEFI mode, must choose Legacy mode to boot, how can i fix it, sir?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdembiske

That could explain the issue with the VDI as it is made with Virtual Box in Windows 10.

What I might suggest is that you follow the instructions that I wrote up in post # 483 in your Mac allowing for any differences in the location of the Oracle Virtual Box program location and the location of the VDI when it's completed etc. That should take care of any OS differences that are arising in making the VDI.

I suspect that might solve the issue. Other Mac users would probably very much appreciate it if you would then upload the made VDI and provide a link for other members to use it. I know it is asking for a little extra effort but other members could benefit from your effort.

Yeps, i checked and now boot normal, but no UEFI Mode, it's legacy!
1st July 2020, 04:42 PM |#1081  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, actualy i using hackintosh, with Clover bootloader, maybe can boot with mAid, hope final release version!
But i try in virtualbox, cant boot with UEFI mode, must choose Legacy mode to boot, how can i fix it, sir?

Yeps, i checked and now boot normal, but no UEFI Mode, it's legacy!

yes then just boot it that way. no worries there is not much difference (only the boot menu tbh)

.-
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, fastboot, iso, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)