FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do we need a 32bit version of FWUL?

it would be nice to have but I will not die if not

111 Vote(s)
47.23%
32bit? Is that something to eat?

41 Vote(s)
17.45%
Are you kidding? NO absolutely NOT!

56 Vote(s)
23.83%
Yes I need it so bad..

27 Vote(s)
11.49%

[LIVE-ISO][FWUL]adb/fastboot without any installation and driver issues [v3.1]

5,321 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,497

By steadfasterX, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 27th December 2016, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from steadfasterX: BETA TESTERS NEEDED! Read the details here -->
23rd January 2017, 01:22 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie16171

I cannot connect password protected wireless network...only free to air connects. When I click on password connected wireless network., it simply don't open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy60

Ok, got it to boot. Now i Get the following error:

Mounting /dev/disk/by-label/FWUL to /run/archiso/bootmnt
/dev/disk/by-label/FWUL device did not show up after 30 seconds

Falling back to interactive prompt

thank you guys for reporting!

Spaceboy: it seems your image you downloaded is corrupt.. or the stick maybe..

richie: I will check this asap. Which version do you had tried? Beta-2 or Beta-3? If Beta-2 pls try Beta-3.

24th January 2017, 12:50 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I cannot connect password protected wireless network...only free to air connects. When I click on password connected wireless network., it simply don't open.

ok got it. There is a package missing which will be included in the next build.
You can still use Beta-3 when you do this after booting (The procedure has to be repeated on every boot):
  1. click on the WiFi you want to connect to. nothing will happen but it is needed for the next step.
  2. right-click on the network symbol in the panel and select "edit connections"
  3. you should see the WiFi you tried to connect to --> click on it and then on edit
  4. open tab "WiFi security" and type in the WiFi key
  5. Save it and it should connect

If you can connect once by cable you can follow this instead:
  1. Connect the network cable
  2. Open a terminal (look at the panel at the bottom - black window with c:\ in it)
  3. type in that terminal:
    sudo pacman -S gnome-keyring
  4. you will be asked for your password (linux) and then press Enter when asked to install it
  5. Disconnect the network cable
  6. Afterwards it will work. No reboot. Just try again

#
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2017, 07:33 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I am using Beta 3.., I tried your first method..Success. Just curious..how safe is this OS to use. I was using Mozilla in private mode.
Experienced some problem. Filling some bank related form and I could not make entry on the form. It wasn't clicking on the form.
As you were speaking about replacing windows., how to install applications and if I want to take help from online communities..,
which OS I have to mention?
Thank you for everything.
24th January 2017, 07:46 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:

I am using Beta 3.., I tried your first method..Success. Just curious..how safe is this OS to use. I was using Mozilla in private mode.
Experienced some problem. Filling some bank related form and I could not make entry on the form. It wasn't clicking on the form.
As you were speaking about replacing windows., how to install applications and if I want to take help from online communities..,

Well since it's based On arch linux i think you'd that's the online community you'd go to for help. I'm sure of you googled arch linux install apps there'd be lots of info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spaceboy60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spaceboy60 Ad-Free
24th January 2017, 09:26 PM |#25  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You may like read this to get more insights:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-thing...etter-windows/

The article talks about Ubuntu which is just one of the popular Linux distributions but it fit to most of them.

FWUL is based on Arch Linux and it is a very stripped down build because I want to keep the ISO small. One thing I've done is to not use Firefox as a browser but instead midori because it is a lot smaller. The prob is that this browser may have some issues like you described.
When you would install Linux you will install more software then FWUL has on board. Like Firefox (browser), Thunderbird (mail), libre office and many more.

I personally love Arch Linux because I never have to reinstall the OS to update to a newer version. It just stays new forever..

Support is available over the forums and in IRC. Depending on the distribution you choose.

To install software in FWUL / Arch Linux there are graphical tools available as described here:

https://www.ostechnix.com/graphical-...an-arch-linux/

Have fun

EDIT
--------
To be honest I would recommend you Ubuntu Linux or Linux Mint. They are both very good and complete choices for beginners

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2017, 09:50 AM |#26  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Good Project
Hi @steadfasterX I totally agree with you Windows has become worst since after the XP edition so I change to Zorin OS with is user friendly and since then I don't have no complaints! I will try your project and see what's new. Thank you for your hard work
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldnobby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oldnobby Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 02:12 PM |#27  

More
Thank you so much for your detailed information and open mind...Appreciate. I was using Ubuntu .. not as a daily driver... it is always in development stage. (Graphic Drivers etc). I mostly use windows 10. I tried hachintosh also.
Trying things are my hobby. Tried your OS ..which is very good. I will definitely going through your links.
The Following User Says Thank You to richie16171 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift richie16171 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 05:12 PM |#28  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnobby

Hi @steadfasterX I totally agree with you Windows has become worst since after the XP edition so I change to Zorin OS with is user friendly and since then I don't have no complaints! I will try your project and see what's new. Thank you for your hard work

keep in mind that this project purpose is to provide an easy access to adb and fastboot because on Windows you need drivers for this to work.
well yes a side effect should be that users out there re-think their choice of Windows because of many things. That's why I named it FWUL but FWUL is not that complete as it would be if you install a standard Linux distribution. So expect more if you install any other Linux out there

So in short FWUL should ease up working with Android and should open your mind for Linux in general .

Quote:

Thank you so much for your detailed information and open mind...Appreciate. I was using Ubuntu .. not as a daily driver... it is always in development stage. (Graphic Drivers etc). I mostly use windows 10. I tried hachintosh also.
Trying things are my hobby. Tried your OS ..which is very good. I will definitely going through your links.

Thanks. Graphic Drivers are the main reason why many not switching to Linux but Ubuntu and Linux Mint are good choices to help you on that. They provide easy access to proprietary drivers and there are even open source ones which should work for the mainstream users (means no hardcore gamers).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2017, 08:13 PM |#29  

More
As you are developing this OS.., just a small suggestion..Like you pre installed odin .. likewise you can also insert the tools like LG flashing tool or LG up, SP flashing tools etc. Because this OS is mainly developed for android.
The Following User Says Thank You to richie16171 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift richie16171 Ad-Free
26th January 2017, 05:14 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:

As you are developing this OS.., just a small suggestion..Like you pre installed odin .. likewise you can also insert the tools like LG flashing tool or LG up, SP flashing tools etc. Because this OS is mainly developed for android.

Jodin is installed here because Samsung doesn't support Fastboot stuff alot

Sony supports fastboot
LG does it too
I think there would be no reason to add extra tools.
BTW you can install those Tools just by a single command !
The Following User Says Thank You to DevUt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevUt Ad-Free
26th January 2017, 10:07 AM |#31  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks for your feedback!

Just take a look on the roadmap (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...84&postcount=3)
tbh I will add spflash and sony tools and anything else I can find but as installers only. Means you will find an installer icon on the desktop (like it is for Teamviewer already) where you can start the installation with 1 click.

#
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, fastboot, iso, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)