FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do we need a 32bit version of FWUL?

it would be nice to have but I will not die if not

111 Vote(s)
47.23%
32bit? Is that something to eat?

41 Vote(s)
17.45%
Are you kidding? NO absolutely NOT!

56 Vote(s)
23.83%
Yes I need it so bad..

27 Vote(s)
11.49%

[LIVE-ISO][FWUL]adb/fastboot without any installation and driver issues [v3.1]

4,850 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,883

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 27th December 2016, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from steadfasterX: BETA TESTERS NEEDED! Read the details here -->
24th February 2018, 08:22 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 1,197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuisgod

I hate asking silly questions but;
how do I remove the FWUL from my usb to get it back to normal.
I put it on an 8gb stick, but I want to move it to a 32gb stick, I cant seem to find any programs thatll see it in windows to reformat it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdembiske

Install MiniTool Partition Wizard - it will allow you to see and reformat your 8gb flash drive. I will stand corrected but you will be better off downloading the 30gb size FWUL image and installing it to your 32gb flash drive - copying the 8gb drive over to your 32gb one won't help as it won't expand the file system - you will still have an 8gb FWUL image - the only difference it will be on a 32gb drive with 24gb rendered useless on that drive ...

Note: If reformatting the drive with the MiniTool Partition Wizard still doesn't allow you to see the flash drive in Windows, do the following (I had to do it to recover one of my flash drives because it wasn't recognized either):

Open a command prompt with admin rights.
Type: diskpart (enter)
Type: list disk (enter)
Type: select disk 1 (enter) [IF, 1 is the disk # that shows for your flash drive in Disk Management].
Type: clean (enter)
Type: exit
Type: exit

Then proceed to reformat your flash drive with Disk Management in Windows by right clicking on Disk 1 (or whatever disk # corresponds to your flash drive) and selecting format.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdembiske For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdembiske Ad-Free

25th February 2018, 07:04 PM |#502  
Flag langley
Thanks Meter: 89

More
[Update]
Completely disgpregard all of that because virtual box was wrong when it told be that I had a 32 bit CPU architecture. For some reason I didn't bother to check settings and it turns out my computer is 64 bit......... Sorry for being a bother and I appreciate the help you did give me @sdembiske my bad.

So I am having issues installing FWUL in a virtual machine on my Lenovo S21e. (A very bad laptop) the CPU architecture is 32 bit, I have just enough disk space available to put the .IMG file (the 8gb one) onto the hard drive. The laptop runs the latest windows 10, and has 2 GB of ram.i installed the virtual box in >windows10_OS(c>program files>oracle>virtual box>. I placed the .IMG file into that file location like @sdembiske said in his guid. Then I entered the command he said would change it to a .vdi file and it gave me a weird error: "Converting from raw image file="FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.img" to file="FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.vdi"...
Creating dynamic image with size 7315914752 bytes (6977MB)...
VBoxManage.exe: error: VDI: cannot create image 'FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.vdi'
VBoxManage.exe: error: Error code VERR_ACCESS_DENIED at F:\tinderbox\win-5.2\src\VBox\Storage\VDI.cpp(680) in function int __cdecl vdiImageCreateFile(struct VDIIMAGEDESC *,unsigned int,struct VDINTERFACEPROGRESS *,unsigned int,unsigned int)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Cannot create the disk image "FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.vdi": VERR_ACCESS_DENIED" even when I tried the alternative command it gives me the same error. The F:drive I am using is a 32gb micro SD card (SanDisk ultra). Any ideas?
25th February 2018, 07:08 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180225_143855.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	4430717
Having problems running this on my HP Envy 15
25th February 2018, 07:13 PM |#504  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 12,883

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_s_459_

So I am having issues installing FWUL in a virtual machine on my Lenovo S21e. (A very bad laptop) the CPU architecture is 32 bit, I have just enough disk space available to put the .IMG file (the 8gb one) onto the hard drive. The laptop runs the latest windows 10, and has 2 GB of ram.i installed the virtual box in >windows10_OS(c>program files>oracle>virtual box>. I placed the .IMG file into that file location like @sdembiske said in his guid. Then I entered the command he said would change it to a .vdi file and it gave me a weird error: "Converting from raw image file="FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.img" to file="FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.vdi"...
VBoxManage.exe: error: VDI: cannot create image 'FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.vdi'
VBoxManage.exe: error: Error code VERR_ACCESS_DENIED at F:\tinderbox\win-5.2\src\VBox\Storage\VDI.cpp(680) in function int __cdecl vdiImageCreateFile(struct VDIIMAGEDESC *,unsigned int,struct VDINTERFACEPROGRESS *,unsigned int,unsigned int)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Cannot create the disk image "FWUL_v2.5_x86_64_persistent.vdi": VERR_ACCESS_DENIED" even when I tried the alternative command it gives me the same error. The F:drive I am using is a 32gb micro SD card (SanDisk ultra). Any ideas?

I would say the path where you're in does not allow a normal user to modify data. In my faq I said you should go into the folder where you saved the FWUL image and then use the full path of your virtualbox installation to execute the steps. For a reason. One is what happened to you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberian41

Having problems running this on my HP Envy 15

What FWUL version ? Is forgetful working?

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2018, 08:17 PM |#505  

More
Quote:

[Update]
Completely disgpregard all of that because virtual box was wrong when it told be that I had a 32 bit CPU architecture. For some reason I didn't bother to check settings and it turns out my computer is 64 bit......... Sorry for being a bother and I appreciate the help you did give me @sdembiske my bad.

What are you using the SD card for? It's not necessary for anything in my instruction post. In fact, I state you do not even need one. Are you hoping to save your SALT backup to it, once you've set up everything? If so, don't even plug it in at this stage.

Remove any FWUL related set-up that you have tried in VirtualBox (including any related failed command tries), making sure you delete ALL the files when you remove the FWUL, not just remove them when it asks. At this stage you do not want anything related to FWUL except the .img file in any of the VirtualBox folders - check them all, there are at least 2 other locations in addition to the Oracle/VirtualBox install folder - delete any you find.
C:\Users\Your_User_Name\VirtualBoxVMS
C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\

When you downloaded the .img file it should be in your Downloads folder. Extract the FWUL image and copy only the .img file into your Oracle/VirtualBox install folder. Then copy and paste the command in to your command prompt that you opened in the Oracle/VirtualBox folder.

When the command completes - then proceed to put FWUL in as a NEW install in VirtualBox following my instructions in the install post. Now, plug in your USB drive and add your flash drive as a "Shared Folder" (see my post # 490 ). Because of your limited available hard disk space, you will have to back-up to there, only.

I think some of the problems you are confronting now are related to your prior failed install attempts, in addition to your 64bit OS/VirtualBox initial problem.

Note: You shouldn't have any problems using the install command as I've stated it in the Oracle/VirtualBox install folder, provided you are logged into Windows with Administrator rights assigned to your user.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdembiske For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdembiske Ad-Free
26th February 2018, 01:08 AM |#506  
Flag langley

More
Quote:

What are you using the SD card for? It's not necessary for anything in my instruction post. In fact, I state you do not even need one. Are you hoping to save your SALT backup to it, once you've set up everything? If so, don't even plug it in at this stage.

Remove any FWUL related set-up that you have tried in VirtualBox (including any related failed command tries), making sure you delete ALL the files when you remove the FWUL, not just remove them when it asks. At this stage you do not want anything related to FWUL except the .img file in any of the VirtualBox folders - check them all, there are at least 2 other locations in addition to the Oracle/VirtualBox install folder - delete any you find.
C:\UsersYour_User_Name\VirtualBoxVMS
C:\UsersYour_User_Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\

When you downloaded the .img file it should be in your Downloads folder. Extract the FWUL image and copy only the .img file into your Oracle/VirtualBox install folder. Then copy and paste the command in to your command prompt that you opened in the Oracle/VirtualBox folder.

When the command completes - then proceed to put FWUL in as a NEW install in VirtualBox following my instructions in the install post. Now, plug in your USB drive and add your flash drive as a "Shared Folder" (see my post # 490 ). Because of your limited available hard disk space, you will have to back-up to there, only.

I think some of the problems you are confronting now are related to your prior failed install attempts, in addition to your 64bit OS/VirtualBox initial problem.

Note: You shouldn't have any problems using the install command as I've stated it in the Oracle/VirtualBox install folder, provided you are logged into Windows with Administrator rights assigned to your user.

Do not mind.... I have managed to boot it over a usb stickthanks for your suggestions though.
The Following User Says Thank You to adam_s_459_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adam_s_459_ Ad-Free
26th February 2018, 04:03 AM |#507  

More
Quote:

Do not mind.... I have managed to boot it over a usb stickthanks for your suggestions though.

Could you please explain what you mean exactly by: boot it over a usb stick
It may help other members to know ...

i.e., Are you booting it in VirtualBox from your flash drive or booting it up from your laptops boot menu selection? Are you able to do a full or partial SALT backup the way you have done it?
26th February 2018, 04:21 AM |#508  
Flag langley

More
Quote:

Could you please explain what you mean exactly by: boot it over a usb stick
It may help other members to know ...

i.e., Are you booting it in VirtualBox from your flash drive or booting it up from your laptops boot menu selection? Are you able to do a full or partial SALT backup the way you have done it?

I used Rufus to create a bootable usb drive, and booted it over my laptop's boot menu selection. I was able to make a full salt backup in the latest forgetful .iso file. Cheers!
26th February 2018, 05:53 AM |#509  

More
Quote:

I used Rufus to create a bootable usb drive, and booted it over my laptop's boot menu selection. I was able to make a full salt backup in the latest forgetful .iso file. Cheers!

forgetful.iso ? Where exactly did you save the full SALT backup to?
26th February 2018, 06:56 AM |#510  
Flag langley

More
Quote:

forgetful.iso ? Where exactly did you save the full SALT backup to?

My SanDisk SD card
26th February 2018, 10:38 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Failed retrieving file when installing teamviewer or sony flash program. Also when updating.

You did a great job but linux will allways suck big time and will be forever buggy. Maybee not opensuse. It is the most stable linux i tried.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, fastboot, iso, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)