FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do we need a 32bit version of FWUL?

it would be nice to have but I will not die if not

111 Vote(s)
47.23%
32bit? Is that something to eat?

41 Vote(s)
17.45%
Are you kidding? NO absolutely NOT!

56 Vote(s)
23.83%
Yes I need it so bad..

27 Vote(s)
11.49%

[LIVE-ISO][FWUL]adb/fastboot without any installation and driver issues [v3.1]

4,661 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,814

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 27th December 2016, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from steadfasterX: FWUL 3.1 has been released! Read the details in the Changelog post ! -->
7th March 2019, 04:37 AM |#921  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurwpjt

I just want to install that on my hard drive, is that possible? Im a linux user btw.

Faq #2

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs

8th March 2019, 02:43 PM |#922  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How can you put the Spanish language, and install the VirtualBox guest addition?¿

Thanks
10th March 2019, 05:37 PM |#923  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unfortunately it doesn't work with OnePlus 6, I also tried to make updates. Nothing to do.
I hoped that this live show would allow me to see my device, simply "adb devices -l" Doesn't show anything.

Any idea?
10th March 2019, 07:35 PM |#924  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilconte81

Unfortunately it doesn't work with OnePlus 6, I also tried to make updates. Nothing to do.
I hoped that this live show would allow me to see my device, simply "adb devices -l" Doesn't show anything.

Any idea?

Many. First I have a OnePlus 6t and it works perfectly . Tbh this has absolutely nothing to do with the device . Adb just works .

You didn't provide ANY details like how do you installed FWUL (usb,VirtualBox,dvd...) and you didn't provided any output of anything .

So the first is given more details and the second is to open a terminal and type in

lsusb

And paste the output. Usually it helps to use another usb port like switching from USB 2 to 3 or switching from ptp/photo transfer to file transfer in your OnePlus' swipe down menu ..

22nd March 2019, 10:39 AM |#925  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

Many. First I have a OnePlus 6t and it works perfectly . Tbh this has absolutely nothing to do with the device . Adb just works .

You didn't provide ANY details like how do you installed FWUL (usb,VirtualBox,dvd...) and you didn't provided any output of anything .

So the first is given more details and the second is to open a terminal and type in

lsusb

And paste the output. Usually it helps to use another usb port like switching from USB 2 to 3 or switching from ptp/photo transfer to file transfer in your OnePlus' swipe down menu ..

Dear steadfasterX, thanks for your reply.
you are right, my question was without any detailed information, here more:
- FWUL is running on USB drive (used 2 differents) in Persistent mode on two different HP notebooks.
- OnePlus is attached using his original cable, but also tried with others diferent (Anker cables or the one original of Huawey P20, USB C to USB C)
- Also tried to switching from ptp/photo transfer to file transfer, as you suggested.
- The strange thing of LSUSB is that is showing somthing but without any Vendor descriptions.
- Here some screenshot.
-- Device from Linux is recognized and internal volume could be accessed.
-- cut of .android/adb_usb.ini file
-- also tried to execute the OnePlus builtin script to configure USB (screenshot before and after)
- For your information I also tried using: Fedora, 2 different Windows 10, and also an old MacBook Pro

Let me know if there is anything else to try, or maybe is a problem of my device.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-22_08-52-40.png
Views:	168
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	4728682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-22_09-13-21.png
Views:	172
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	4728683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-22_09-19-17.png
Views:	170
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	4728684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-22_09-21-22.png
Views:	164
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	4728685  
22nd March 2019, 12:14 PM |#926  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilconte81

Dear steadfasterX, thanks for your reply.
you are right, my question was without any detailed information, here more:
- FWUL is running on USB drive (used 2 differents) in Persistent mode on two different HP notebooks.
- OnePlus is attached using his original cable, but also tried with others diferent (Anker cables or the one original of Huawey P20, USB C to USB C)
- Also tried to switching from ptp/photo transfer to file transfer, as you suggested.
- The strange thing of LSUSB is that is showing somthing but without any Vendor descriptions.
- Here some screenshot.
-- Device from Linux is recognized and internal volume could be accessed.
-- cut of .android/adb_usb.ini file
-- also tried to execute the OnePlus builtin script to configure USB (screenshot before and after)
- For your information I also tried using: Fedora, 2 different Windows 10, and also an old MacBook Pro

Let me know if there is anything else to try, or maybe is a problem of my device.
Thanks in advance.

great that was useful

regarding the empty name on lsusb (which is the same on mine):
oneplus is still getting ignored by the main usb id mapping file (MPT mode here) which is in use by all (afaik) Linux distros, unfortunately. No idea why but this is the case since 2015 so do not expect that changes soon.
While it does look bad it actually means nothing at all (its really just: map name "foo" to usb device "bar") so there is no other meaning then that there is no nice looking name here.

regarding your issue. do this in a terminal:

Code:
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/steadfasterX/android-udev-rules/steadfasterX-patch-oneplus/51-android.rules -O /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
sudo usermod -a -G adbusers <your-username> 
(---> on FWUL: sudo usermod -a -G adbusers android )

reboot ... or: if the group exists already and your user was in that group already:

sudo udevadm control --reload-rules
sudo udevadm trigger
reconnect USB, select MTP mode and ensure you have USB DEBUGGING enabled (obviously)
Please let me know if that solved your issue so I can merge this upstream.

.-
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2019, 01:26 PM |#927  
valencia
Thanks Meter: 17

More
hi, can I get root access using fwul in lg v10 h960a with software version 30c-eur-xxx?
I have verified through this combination of numbers and signs (*#*#244773825625#*#*), that the anti-rollback version is 0.
it's the first time I use fwul tool. I would like downgrade from android 7 to android 6, and I do not know how to check the anti-rollback
of a kdz file.
thanks
22nd March 2019, 02:10 PM |#928  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernavaldiesel1

hi, can I get root access using fwul in lg v10 h960a with software version 30c-eur-xxx?
I have verified through this combination of numbers and signs (*#*#244773825625#*#*), that the anti-rollback version is 0.
it's the first time I use fwul tool. I would like downgrade from android 7 to android 6, and I do not know how to check the anti-rollback
of a kdz file.
thanks

Well.. read the OP again. FWUL is not a tool for rooting or whatever - it is an environment which can be used to do stuff with Android.
The "stuff" you can do with it is listed in the OP and following posts but thats just an overview which is included.
so ... this is the wrong thread to ask for these kind of things (ie rooting).
Ask that in forum section for your device model and maybe FWUL can give you the base to do it then (if the instructions you found are linux compatible).

.-
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2019, 02:18 PM |#929  
valencia
Thanks Meter: 17

More
thanks for answering, I just saw another post from you about finding the anti-rollback of kdz files.
7th April 2019, 03:39 PM |#930  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Can install tot kdz file in this Linux?
7th April 2019, 08:41 PM |#931  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed_forum

Can install tot kdz file in this Linux?

No tot. Kdz can be extracted with SALT within FWUL yes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, fastboot, iso, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)