FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do we need a 32bit version of FWUL?

it would be nice to have but I will not die if not

111 Vote(s)
47.23%
32bit? Is that something to eat?

41 Vote(s)
17.45%
Are you kidding? NO absolutely NOT!

56 Vote(s)
23.83%
Yes I need it so bad..

27 Vote(s)
11.49%

[LIVE-ISO][FWUL]adb/fastboot without any installation and driver issues [v3.1]

5,157 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,890

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 27th December 2016, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from steadfasterX: BETA TESTERS NEEDED! Read the details here -->
28th February 2020, 07:46 AM |#1051  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_rhoades

Would FWUL be suitable for simple Android app development?

no. there are distributions like BBQLinux which has that as its goal.

.-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2020, 10:29 AM |#1052  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

no. there are distributions like BBQLinux which has that as its goal.

OK, thanks.
2nd March 2020, 07:49 PM |#1053  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Let me say I really appreciate this project, well done.

However, I have to point out its name is almost meaningless. The point here is not about using linux rather then windows. What is actually suggested here (and I really endorse such kind of approaches) is to use a pre-built OS to complete some purpose-specific tasks, because configuring the complete environment on a clean OS (windows/linux) would be a very complex, time-consuming and unworthy one-time effort, and even more importante, it would be really really hard for you to explain how to do all required setups from scratch to many people, especially if you, as a contributor, are used to perform the same tasks everyday in a Linux environment. For example, I guess you would be able to build (in pure theory, of course) a bootable wim with most of such tools and drivers embedded the same way., and that would work as well without issues.
2nd March 2020, 07:52 PM |#1054  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKePicci

Let me say I really appreciate this project, well done.

However, I have to point out its name is almost meaningless. The point here is not about using linux rather then windows. What is actually suggested here (and I really endorse such kind of approaches) is to use a pre-built OS to complete some purpose-specific tasks, because configuring the complete environment on a clean OS (windows/linux) would be a very complex, time-consuming and unworthy one-time effort, and even more importante, it would be really really hard for you to explain how to do all required setups from scratch to many people, especially if you, as a contributor, are used to perform the same tasks everyday in a Linux environment. For example, I guess you would be able to build (in pure theory, of course) a bootable wim with most of such tools and drivers embedded the same way., and that would work as well without issues.

Yea. Many many ppl misunderstand the meaning . That's why it's currently in rebranding (https://maid.binbash.rocks)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2020, 08:10 PM |#1055  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,309

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yea. Many many ppl misunderstand the meaning . That's why it's currently in rebranding (https://maid.binbash.rocks)

Sweet!!! @steadfasterX, the link you posted is broken, sort of. The last ")" is being included in the URL.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shinobisoft Ad-Free
2nd March 2020, 09:15 PM |#1056  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

Sweet!!! @steadfasterX, the link you posted is broken, sort of. The last ")" is being included in the URL.

Yea thx. XDA's auto url detection is buggy . Fixed.

6th March 2020, 07:22 PM |#1057  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help me understand this
I'm very new when it comes to this realm of Android tinkering so if someone could please explain this to me like I'm 5 it would be very much appreciated.

I have flashed the persistent FWUL image onto an SD card. I have the stock ROM that I need to flash to my phone. Am I supposed to boot from the FWUL on Windows or on Linux? I tried it on a Puppy Linux machine but when I get to the boot screen and try to select ANY of the options (persistent, forgetful, any of the failsafe options) I either get an error saying that some directory doesn't exist, or it just loops back to the "automatic boot" countdown screen. So I can't even get into FWUL.

What am I doing wrong?
7th March 2020, 08:15 PM |#1058  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus1922

I'm very new when it comes to this realm of Android tinkering so if someone could please explain this to me like I'm 5 it would be very much appreciated.

I have flashed the persistent FWUL image onto an SD card. I have the stock ROM that I need to flash to my phone. Am I supposed to boot from the FWUL on Windows or on Linux? I tried it on a Puppy Linux machine but when I get to the boot screen and try to select ANY of the options (persistent, forgetful, any of the failsafe options) I either get an error saying that some directory doesn't exist, or it just loops back to the "automatic boot" countdown screen. So I can't even get into FWUL.

What am I doing wrong?

Your PC has to be 64bit ((!) - the installed OS does not matter
You flash FWUL or better mAid nightly with etcher (!) on an usb stick
You set your bios to boot from the USB stick
Enjoy

8th March 2020, 12:37 AM |#1059  

More
Quote:

Your system has to be 64bit ((!)
You flash FWUL or better mAid nightly with etcher (!) on an usb stick
You set your bios to boot from the USB stick
Enjoy

Ok, thanks for that. Unfortunately I only have 32bit Linux. I have both 64 bit and 32bit Windows. What are my options?
8th March 2020, 04:53 AM |#1060  
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus1922

Ok, thanks for that. Unfortunately I only have 32bit Linux. I have both 64 bit and 32bit Windows. What are my options?

Boot the USB in a machine with a 64bit CPU. Doesn't matter what OS is on the machine (you don't use it).
The Following User Says Thank You to ST Dog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ST Dog Ad-Free
9th March 2020, 01:18 AM |#1061  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog

Boot the USB in a machine with a 64bit CPU. Doesn't matter what OS is on the machine (you don't use it).

Got FWUL persistent booted on 64bit machine. I have the phone connected in download mode as per the sample picture. However run I run SALT it gives "No device connected" error., so I'm unable to use any of the tools.

If I go into the Advanced menu and click the "Unlock G4 USU" option the error says "Your download mode version is not supported, downgrade to LP or MM!" which is confusing because the phone IS on native Lollipop?

Apologies for being so clueless but many thanks for your help and I can see that this is a very useful project once I learn how to use it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, fastboot, iso, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)