FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do we need a 32bit version of FWUL?

it would be nice to have but I will not die if not

111 Vote(s)
47.23%
32bit? Is that something to eat?

41 Vote(s)
17.45%
Are you kidding? NO absolutely NOT!

56 Vote(s)
23.83%
Yes I need it so bad..

27 Vote(s)
11.49%

[LIVE-ISO][FWUL]adb/fastboot without any installation and driver issues [v3.1]

5,157 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,890

By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 27th December 2016, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from steadfasterX: BETA TESTERS NEEDED! Read the details here -->
9th March 2020, 01:18 AM |#1061  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog

Boot the USB in a machine with a 64bit CPU. Doesn't matter what OS is on the machine (you don't use it).

Got FWUL persistent booted on 64bit machine. I have the phone connected in download mode as per the sample picture. However run I run SALT it gives "No device connected" error., so I'm unable to use any of the tools.

If I go into the Advanced menu and click the "Unlock G4 USU" option the error says "Your download mode version is not supported, downgrade to LP or MM!" which is confusing because the phone IS on native Lollipop?

Apologies for being so clueless but many thanks for your help and I can see that this is a very useful project once I learn how to use it
9th March 2020, 04:22 AM |#1062  
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus1922

I have the phone connected in download mode as per the sample picture. However run I run SALT it gives "No device connected" error., so I'm unable to use any of the tools.

Was the phone in download mode when you booted FWUL?

I think a few posts back that was suggested.

For more steadfaster is the man.
The Following User Says Thank You to ST Dog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ST Dog Ad-Free
9th March 2020, 04:52 AM |#1063  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog

Was the phone in download mode when you booted FWUL?

I think a few posts back that was suggested.

For more steadfaster is the man.

Yes, I booted the phone into download mode first and then booted the pc into FWUL. I also tried it with a 2nd G4 running Marshmallow and got the same error.
9th March 2020, 12:33 PM |#1064  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Got FWUL persistent booted on 64bit machine. I have the phone connected in download mode as per the sample picture. However run I run SALT it gives "No device connected" error., so I'm unable to use any of the tools.

If I go into the Advanced menu and click the "Unlock G4 USU" option the error says "Your download mode version is not supported, downgrade to LP or MM!" which is confusing because the phone IS on native Lollipop?

Apologies for being so clueless but many thanks for your help and I can see that this is a very useful project once I learn how to use it

upgrade SALT to the latest version (3.22) - see SALT faq
re-produce the issue
upload the SALT log (see SALT faq) and share the link

.-
9th March 2020, 11:42 PM |#1065  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

upgrade SALT to the latest version (3.22) - see SALT faq
re-produce the issue
upload the SALT log (see SALT faq) and share the link

.-

Well now I have a new problem. I updated SALT as per the FAQ and after closing and restarting it as prompted the program does not even open at all. Nothing happens if I click either the SALT icon or the FWUL Live Patcher. Rebooting back into FWUL did not help, nor did booting the forgetful or the failsafe options. Do I need to start over from scratch?
10th March 2020, 10:59 AM |#1066  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well now I have a new problem. I updated SALT as per the FAQ and after closing and restarting it as prompted the program does not even open at all. Nothing happens if I click either the SALT icon or the FWUL Live Patcher. Rebooting back into FWUL did not help, nor did booting the forgetful or the failsafe options. Do I need to start over from scratch?

yea as mentioned mAid nightly is the recommended way to go.
unfortunately there were deep changes under the hood by Manjaro (the linux system) to some sensitive components which SALT is using.

.-
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, fastboot, iso, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)