Hello guys! Today at I/O 2017 Google released Android O Developer Preview 2 along with all new redesigned Emojis. So I present you the all new emojis (Developer Preview 4 ones in version 2, Final Oreo 8.0 Release ones in v3) for devices running Nougat or Older Android versions.
1. A Rooted Device running Kitkat+ Android version.
2. Any File Manager with Root access(Solid Explorer, Root Explorer or ES etc.)
1. Your device must be rooted (SuperSU or MagiskSU or any other method)
2. Open Explorer>root/system/fonts and backup the original NotoColorEmoji.ttf file
3. Download the emoji file(from Google Drive download link) and replace the older NotoColorEmoji.ttf file with the newer one and set the permission to -rw-r--r-- (0644)
5. Profit! You'll have brand new emoji set
1. Reboot to TWRP
2. Flash the zip.
No bugs so far. All the emojis are display correctly.
•If you are using substratum make sure you are on stock font and then flash the zip or follow the method else it won't work! After installing the mod you may install any custom font.
This mod has been tested on my device (OnePlus 3T) running Android 7.1.2 (Phoenix AEX ROM) and Paranoid Android 7.2.0, on Galaxy Tab 2 running Android 6.0.1 (LineageOS 13 ROM) and on Lollipop & Kitkat too by users.
It works both for AOSP Keyboard and Gboard (systemwide!)
Sub note: Doesn't work for keyboard of apps like WhatsApp,Hike and Telegram as they have their own emojis(iOS ones)
Version 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U...w?usp=drivesdk
Version 1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862727354
Version 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120752415
Version 3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291682126
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM AND WANT OLD EMOJIS BACK, flash the following zip:
AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634770811 (Fixed!)
If you want any mirrors feel free to comment here and I will upload.
In the attachments
@darjwx and @00raq00 for providing the latest emoji ttf file.
@sushobith for testing version 2.
@AhmAdDev99 and @Prior_Ori for testing on Kitkat and Lollipop respectively.
@NitinRanganath for making a video on how to follow the manual method.
If you like my work please hit the thanks button. That's all I ask for Enjoy!