Hello guys! Today (6 Jun 2018) Google released Android P Developer Preview 3 along with all new 157 new emojis which add up to existing emojis which were overhauled with Android Oreo update. So I present you the all new emojis for devices running Oreo or older Android versions.
1. A Rooted Device running Kitkat+ Android version.
2. Any File Manager with Root access(Solid Explorer, Root Explorer or ES etc.)
1. Your device must be rooted (SuperSU or MagiskSU or any other method)
2. Open Explorer>root/system/fonts and backup the original NotoColorEmoji.ttf file
3. Download the emoji file(from Google Drive download link), rename it to NoToColorEmoji.ttf, replace the older NotoColorEmoji.ttf file with the newer one and set the permission to -rw-r--r-- (0644)
5. Profit! You'll have brand new emoji set
1. Reboot to TWRP
2. Flash the zip.
No bugs so far. All the emojis are display correctly.
•If you are using substratum make sure you are on stock font and then flash the zip or follow the method else it won't work! After installing the mod you may install any custom font.
This mod has been tested on my device (OnePlus 3T) running Android Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and on Lollipop & Kitkat too by users.
It works both for AOSP Keyboard and Gboard (systemwide!)
Sub note: 1. Doesn't work for keyboard of apps like WhatsApp,Hike and Telegram as they have their own emojis (iOS ones).
2. AOSP Keyboard needs to be updated to show the new P emojis which will probably be done when the source code of P drops.
• Manual Method
Latest version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x7...a5-&authuser=0
• Flashable zip
Version 1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862727354 Version 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120752415 Version 3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291682126 Version 4: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329057380 Version 5: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579493857 Version 6: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617949447
Version 7: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207491683
Version 5 onwards includes Persistent Emojis. For more information, checkout this post.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM AND WANT OLD EMOJIS BACK, flash the following zip:
AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634770811 (Fixed!)
If you want any mirrors feel free to comment here and I will upload.
In the attachments
@darjwx and @00raq00 for providing the latest emoji ttf file.
@katinatez for helping me with the persistent emojis update.
@sushobith for testing version 2.
@AhmAdDev99 and @Prior_Ori for testing on Kitkat and Lollipop respectively.
@NitinRanganath for making a video on how to follow the manual method.
@gh0stzk for testing the persistent emojis zip.
If you like my work please hit the thanks button. That's all I ask for Enjoy!