By hinxnz, Senior Member on 25th August 2016, 10:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2016, 01:22 PM |#21  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinxnz

Just remove the comments from those two as well as the other theme apps you flash.
Here's an example, theme ready apps, calendar and keep will be detached.

Thanks, I did it before but the calendar is still in the update list. Then I went to the system/app/ and I saw that the name of my calendar is CalendarGooglePrebuilt, then I added a line and type Calendar Google Prebuilt and flash the zip again and it works!
May this will help someone

29th August 2016, 10:27 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,357

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool

I have tried installing your script... And no matter how I go about... I cannot get the script to populate the su.d directory like it should...

And... Since I don't understand your flashable... I can't pull what I want out of it...

Could you explain how to install said script without recovery?

Thanks

The script is located at /system/su.d/99-detach.sh or /system/etc/init.d/99-detach.sh
What do you mean by not populating? You need to flash mod again after editing detach.txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanulh

Thanks, I did it before but the calendar is still in the update list. Then I went to the system/app/ and I saw that the name of my calendar is CalendarGooglePrebuilt, then I added a line and type Calendar Google Prebuilt and flash the zip again and it works!
May this will help someone

After editing the txt file, you need to flash the mod again so it can detach them.
Adding your own entries into the detach.txt file won't do anything.
29th August 2016, 10:31 PM |#23  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,697

More
Quote:

The script is located at /system/su.d/99-detach.sh or /system/etc/init.d/99-detach.sh
What do you mean by not populating? You need to flash mod again after editing detach.txt

After editing the txt file, you need to flash the mod again so it can detach them.
Adding your own entries into the detach.txt file won't do anything.

So it does not work on a systemless install?

I am using Magisk... So I think I need to run it manual...
My su.d directory is in the su partition... Which I think is in my magisk partition...
29th August 2016, 10:48 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool

So it does not work on a systemless install?

I am using Magisk... So I think I need to run it manual...
My su.d directory is in the su partition... Which I think is in my magisk partition...

It works with systemless supersu installed, you should still have /system/su.d, have a look.
You should have both su.d directories, I did when I tested systemless su, I haven't tried magisk yet.
30th August 2016, 04:44 AM |#25  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,697

More
Quote:

It works with systemless supersu installed, you should still have /system/su.d, have a look.
You should have both su.d directories, I did when I tested systemless su, I haven't tried magisk yet.

Interesting...

I didn't have that directory before your script...
2nd September 2016, 03:42 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 3,647

More
Unfortunately, this just hasn't worked for me. In fact, it's made things worse: even though I have my theme ready apps set to not auto update, I'm no longer prompted to allow or skip updating if I click Update All on the My Apps screen. I now have to quickly click each app and stop them from updating. (6p, PNMod, SuperSU)

From my Tab Pro 8.4
3rd September 2016, 12:39 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX

Unfortunately, this just hasn't worked for me. In fact, it's made things worse: even though I have my theme ready apps set to not auto update, I'm no longer prompted to allow or skip updating if I click Update All on the My Apps screen. I now have to quickly click each app and stop them from updating. (6p, PNMod, SuperSU)

From my Tab Pro 8.4

It must be how you have configured playstore (auto-update) beforehand, I'll look into that later when I have some time.
For now you could remove mod by renaming detach.txt to detach.remove on sdcard, flash detach.zip, reboot into android, wipe data for playstore and then open playstore and the 'my apps & games' section, then reboot into recovery and flash mod again, it will then work as intended.
The Following User Says Thank You to hinxnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hinxnz Ad-Free
3rd September 2016, 01:17 AM |#28  

More
Quote:

It must be how you have configured playstore (auto-update) beforehand, I'll look into that later when I have some time.
For now you could remove mod by renaming detach.txt to detach.remove on sdcard, flash detach.zip, reboot into android, wipe data for playstore and then open playstore and the 'my apps & games' section, then reboot into recovery and flash mod again, it will then work as intended.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

From my Tab Pro 8.4
4th September 2016, 01:25 PM |#29  

More
Finally got around to trying this and there doesn't seem to be any detach.txt to rename. Could I just remove the script from su.d, or is there more to it than that?

I have to 6p.
4th September 2016, 10:20 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylanPHNX

Finally got around to trying this and there doesn't seem to be any detach.txt to rename. Could I just remove the script from su.d, or is there more to it than that?

I have to 6p.

The detach.txt file is found in the OP or if you prefer just make a file on root of sdcard called detach.remove, then flash mod again. You need to do this instead of just removing the script from su.d because when removing with the mod, it also re-enables the service that the mod disables.
The Following User Says Thank You to hinxnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hinxnz Ad-Free
5th September 2016, 02:56 AM |#31  

More
Removing and reapplying seems to have worked. Thanks.

From my Tab Pro 8.4
The Following User Says Thank You to JaylanPHNX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JaylanPHNX Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, detach, market, playstore, tbo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)