Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2019, 01:55 PM |#741  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,130

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneZam

and i say detach does work well on magisk 19.3 if u might consider using this: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...ost-fs-data.sh
which is included in recent magisk modules of vanced yt (i imply u r using it *g*) so by removing all available detachment apps/scripts from ur system and putting a empty file "enable_detach"
into your /cache directory and reboot u might get some good results like me on OOS and other roms/devices.but keep in mind THERE IS NO waterproof method to avoid popping
up updates yet. best result for me is to use the detach script i provide and disable playstore auto-update (which i anyway do since using a android phone as i don't wanna be forced happy).
advantage: if the YT updated slips thru and poppes up (which will happen from time to time!) u can just ignore it and let it be, the detach script does its jop after the default delay of 60 seconds in background. so u don't get updated automatically as soon as the update popps up. just as a reminder that there is another option already included in the vanced modules which u maybe can give a try.

Thanks for that alternative, I just tried it out but it seems it doesn't work after a reboot and waiting 60 seconds. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
I copied the script from GitHub and pasted it to
/data/adb/post-fs-data.d with a random name (ytv_detach.sh) and 755 permissions, also I created an empty file named enable_detach in /cache with the same permissions.
I have no other detach mods installed.
Anything else to do?

Magisk 18.1 (never change a running system)
Moto G5+ stock android 8.1

Edit:
Ok, I should have waited a bit longer than exactly 60 seconds before posting, now YT is detached.
Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
2nd December 2019, 08:20 AM |#742  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Actually Youtube Vance is quite not detached, It is just temporary removed in short time, after some hours this returns back to Play Store, and I have to reflash this module again and again, it is so annoy !!!! And there is no solution up to now (I dont want to use tasker or any app to make scheduling to flash the module)
The Following User Says Thank You to kenny.lam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenny.lam Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 01:17 PM |#743  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1,448

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny.lam

Actually Youtube Vance is quite not detached, It is just temporary removed in short time, after some hours this returns back to Play Store, and I have to reflash this module again and again, it is so annoy !!!! And there is no solution up to now (I dont want to use tasker or any app to make scheduling to flash the module)

You don't use tasker to flash anything. You use it to run the script every few mins. Completely done in the background without you even knowing.

If you use xposed/edxposed you can use sudohide module which is the only clear cut way to detach vanced
2nd December 2019, 01:41 PM |#744  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 16,853

Donate to Me
More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

Thanks for that alternative, I just tried it out but it seems it doesn't work after a reboot and waiting 60 seconds. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
I copied the script from GitHub and pasted it to
/data/adb/post-fs-data.d with a random name (ytv_detach.sh) and 755 permissions, also I created an empty file named enable_detach in /cache with the same permissions.
I have no other detach mods installed.
Anything else to do?

Magisk 18.1 (never change a running system)
Moto G5+ stock android 8.1

Edit:
Ok, I should have waited a bit longer than exactly 60 seconds before posting, now YT is detached.
Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

nice happy that it work for u too!
HINT1: u don't have to download the script if u use the magisk module it's already included. u just have to put the enable_detach file to /cache dir and reboot.
HINT2: u can overwrite a delay in seconds to whatever u want into that file. eg. i have 30 seconds and driving very well with it. i almost never see the yt update
and if then only for about 30 seconds *g*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny.lam

yes yes yes there is no 100% solution, and it might be that we never get this. anyway the thing u can try is to DISABLE app-auto-update in playstore (yes that's mandatory to avoid forced updates!)
and then use the detach method and as mentioned above put a lower delay into the enable_detach file (like 30 secs or so). the only "disadvantage" is that u have to tab on "update apps" in playstore
once there are updates (which anyway is the better way in my opinion. i never used auto update since using android, but thats just me not liking beeing "forced benefitted" on any system i use)

maybe u can live with that? i can confirm non annoyingness with this method.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZaneZam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZaneZam Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 01:22 AM |#745  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,028

More
Quote:

yes yes yes there is no 100% solution, and it might be that we never get this.

I havent used it myself, but those using the exposed method have been reporting it works 100%

Quote:

anyway the thing u can try is to DISABLE app-auto-update in playstore (yes that's mandatory to avoid forced updates!)
and then use the detach method and as mentioned above put a lower delay into the enable_detach file (like 30 secs or so). the only "disadvantage" is that u have to tab on "update apps" in playstore

My understanding is that you cannot use the "disable updates" and the detach. The "disable auto-updates" is stored in the database record that the detach script explicitly deletes. So as soon as the detach script runs, you loose you "disable auto-updates" setting, and it will be re-inserted with the default value of auto-updates enabled. Its kind of one or the other.
3rd December 2019, 01:41 AM |#746  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 985

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

My understanding is that you cannot use the "disable updates" and the detach. The "disable auto-updates" is stored in the database record that the detach script explicitly deletes. So as soon as the detach script runs, you loose you "disable auto-updates" setting, and it will be re-inserted with the default value of auto-updates enabled. Its kind of one or the other.

Not true, at least for me, it always worked perfectly, and when occasionally I see YouTube reattached, it took only 3 minutes for the script to run and make it disappear again. And never updates itself too. Using "enable_detach method.
3rd December 2019, 02:02 AM |#747  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,028

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

Not true, at least for me, it always worked perfectly, and when occasionally I see YouTube reattached, it took only 3 minutes for the script to run and make it disappear again. And never updates itself too. Using "enable_detach method.

You missed the point. You "can" use both, however, the detach script will cancel out your "disable auto-update" selection. Next time you see YouTube back in your list of apps to be updated (ie it has to be there then disappear then re-appear), check the auto-update setting, you will see that it has switched auto-updates back on. The detach, cancels out your disabling of auto-update setting.

The detach deletes this record where it is stored, and when it gets re-inserted, it will be reinserted as on.
3rd December 2019, 07:10 AM |#748  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinxnz

Are you guys keen for an update?

Any teaser what you have planned?
3rd December 2019, 09:22 AM |#749  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 16,853

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinxnz

Are you guys keen for an update?

oooh i missed that.... looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

It's against the rules to ask for updates.....lmao

I joke I joke keep those flames away!

indeed u r right no no, no exceptions we should report him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmmmaaahh

Apparently not, lol. But I'll take one!
Wrapped with delicious Fajita

me too!
hey @Timmmmaaahh i report @hinxnz for teasing and not bringing the indirectly promised update, its been 3 days already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

yeah for me too since some good amount of time, but i should have been more concrete: i have disabled auto update completely! i guess u have done that too?

Quote:

You missed the point. You "can" use both, however, the detach script will cancel out your "disable auto-update" selection. Next time you see YouTube back in your list of apps to be updated (ie it has to be there then disappear then re-appear), check the auto-update setting, you will see that it has switched auto-updates back on. The detach, cancels out your disabling of auto-update setting.

The detach deletes this record where it is stored, and when it gets re-inserted, it will be reinserted as on.

yeah THAT can be the per-app auto-update setting gets lost after detaching.

but lets see with what @hinxnz comes up with...
3rd December 2019, 11:10 AM |#750  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 985

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yeah for me too since some good amount of time, but i should have been more concrete: i have disabled auto update completely! i guess u have done that too?

You are right. Disabled updates globally, i always read changelogs before update anything.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:

I disable updates globally, never update apps without reading the changes.
3rd December 2019, 01:57 PM |#751  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,385

More
Sorry guys, I actually still having hiccups right now after apps I detached, reattached after more time than expected.
I need more time, my bad. Almost like clockwork it takes two days for it to reset for me, so testing actually taking awhile, seems like forever because I cant replicate the event.
I also only have one device at the moment with root and no access to data while in recovery but not too much of an issue because that just installer side, I can figure that out.
Localappstate set to 2 on package name should disable auto update for that app if auto update enabled, the entry doesn't get overwritten as far as I know but will get reinserted if not located I presume.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinxnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hinxnz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, detach, market, playstore, tbo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)