[MOD] Increase Frames Per Second 5/14/15

Search This thread
working great on the tab s 8.4 wifi! thank you very much for bringing this not just to the G3 but to most devices as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-01-11-17-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-01-11-17-19.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 2,849
Reactions: razz1

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
For those that would like to try different values I made an application that should make things easier. This is not an official release but just a test app. So please let me know if it's working if you use it.
This app is very basic and should work well on most rooted devices running Android 4.0 and up. Screen resolutions may be an issue in the app because this was built on a LG G3 running Tasker.
Thanks.

DOWNLOAD
EGL Swap Adjuster
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rsy8ygduhzpuwp/EGL_Swap_Adjuster.7.apk?dl=0

y0000

Mar 9, 2015
New York
Guys one question. If i go back to backups and restore my rom from previous version, mode still exist or need to flash it again? I think to last RR version for LG G3 dont work the mode, maybe need fix :(

Last edited:

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
Guys one question. If i go back to backups and restore my rom from previous version, mode still exist or need to flash it again? I think to last RR version for LG G3 dont work the mode, maybe need fix :(

If you haven't ever flashed on that backup then you would need to flash again.
If the mod doesn't do anything on a particular rom then the rom dev didn't include it in the rom to be called upon. Their is no fix for that. The rom dev simply needs to add it.
It's been a standard in Android for years. At least to my knowledge.

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
-1 is definitely the smoothest on my note 4 (n910c). Is there a difference between a negative and a positive value?

razz1

Nov 3, 2011
chicago
-1 is definitely the smoothest on my note 4 (n910c). Is there a difference between a negative and a positive value?

Yes definitely. You probably won't see any performance gains with a positive number. Stock is supposedly 1.
Are you using the app? How is it working for you? Any issues?

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Yes definitely. You probably won't see any performance gains with a positive number. Stock is supposedly 1.
Are you using the app? How is it working for you? Any issues?

Haven't tried the app; just changing the value of the init.d script and executing it. -1 is incredibly smooth. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: razz1

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
Instead of increasing in my fps it has dropped , i hate u bro?

Simply remove the mod, no such comments here please, every mod you use from this forum it's your own decision to use and at your own risk. Some can profit from this mod, like me, some not. If not, no harm done, it's a reversible thing, but no hate or similar comments here please, it's no good thing

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 con Tapatalk 2

Natherags

Jul 1, 2020
If i type unlockfps it always says "unlockfps not found" im using a terminal emulator on android

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    REQUIREMENTS.
    MUST BE ROOTED WITH RECOVERY.
    HAVE INIT.D SUPPORT for method 1.
    HAVE TERMINAL EMULATOR for method 2.

NOTE: This may work for all android devices but is only tested on a LG G3 D851. If it works for you let us know.
    So far others have used it on Sony and Samsung devices with great results.

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3107282 [mod] increase fps 5/12/2015

GENERAL DISCLAIMER.
    XDA and I are NOT responsible if anything wrong happens to your device by using this mod. Always make sure you have a backup ready if needed.

ABOUT THIS MOD.
    Here is a very simple mod that I wanted to share. This is what has been labeled in the past as the build property to remove a FPS cap on all android devices. This doesn't actually do that but you will see an increase in frames per second by adjusting the EGL swap interval. Unfortunately, this property has always had big issues with visual artifacts that made it useless to use.
    I found it frustrating that we could obtain such a high FPS but plagued with issues. So I spent some time and found a new value. One that could actually work on all android devices. Instead of 1 for stock or 0 for modified. Here is the new value...

debug.egl.swapinterval=-60

A general description...
    https://www.khronos.org/registry/egl/sdk/docs/man/html/eglSwapInterval.xhtml

While other negative values may work, -60 brought the most bang for the buck when it came to benchmarks. I am truly excited about finding a way to make it work and although it's just a new value, I would appreciate if you could give me credit if using this property as it is the first time it will actually work the way we want it. This value didn't just fall from the sky. Certainly no need to ask for any permissions.

WAYS TO USE THIS MOD.
    I figured many people would at least like to try this out so I made it as easy as possible for newer and more advanced users. The mod is actually really easy to apply. Simply add the property to your build.prop file and reboot or use one of methods below.

METHOD 1.
    Use the proper flashable zip to install into init.d so the mod is ready directly after a reboot.

METHOD 2. (recommended)
    Use the proper flashable zip to install into /system/xbin and call upon it when needed and disable it when not needed.

INSTALLATION.
    Method 1
    1. Download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952603390
    2. Flash in recovery.
    3. Reboot.

METHOD 2.(recommended)
    1. Downloadhttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952602432
    2. Flash in recovery.
    3. After you reboot open Terminal Emulator and type the following without the quotes.
    4. Type "su" and press the enter key.
    5. Type "unlockfps" and press enter. This will activate the property for higher fps.
    To deactivate type "lockfps"

NOTE: You may need to toggle your screen off/on to fully activate the mod using method 2.
    You will also need to activate the mod again after a reboot. The setting won't survive a reboot with method 2.

UNINSTALL
    METHOD 1.
    Version 1.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952603391

METHOD 2.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952602429

CHANGELOG
    Method 1 version 1.1- Fixed permissions.

I have had people tell me battery life is better and some say it's worse. You be the judge and let us know.

Happy Flashing!
    For those that would like to try different values I made an application that should make things easier. This is not an official release but just a test app. So please let me know if it's working if you use it.
    This app is very basic and should work well on most rooted devices running Android 4.0 and up. Screen resolutions may be an issue in the app because this was built on a LG G3 running Tasker.
    Thanks.

DOWNLOAD
    EGL Swap Adjuster
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rsy8ygduhzpuwp/EGL_Swap_Adjuster.7.apk?dl=0
    I agree.
    I am using galaxy note 4, dynamic Kat custom rom, and ael custom kernel straight out of the box.
    I have been running this same exact setup for over a month straight now.
    I play MC4 (modern combat 4) religiously, i probably put in about 3-4 hours a day m-f.
    I play with a ps3 controller using the six axis controller app on play store.
    I installed this thinking this would make gameplay better, I installed using all 3 methods and get the same results with gameplay.
    It seems to make any game sort of stutter I guess you would call it.
    Benchmarks, system, and everything else seems to work excellent though.
    So pretty much everything except gameplay works great, so overall great mod, but is there any other inputs beside -60 that might benefit gameplay more @razz1?
    If so, I'd be happy to test it out.

Looks like it's going to work a little different on some phones. Unfortunately so far I haven't seen that issue on my G3. I would imagine we could adjust it somewhere else in the negative range to fix games on some devices. If you want to test things out, the best way would be for you to play with different negative numbers. Maybe -60 isn't the perfect value for a Note 4, but close.
    If anybody needs to tweak it they can use Terminal Emulator and play with some values.

1. Open terminal.
    2. Type "su"
    3. Press enter/return key
    3. Type
    "setprop debug.egl.swapinterval"
    4. Press Space bar to enter a space.
    5. "Your new value"
    6. Press enter/return key.
    7. Test your game.

Try different values till the issue goes away.
    Stock value is 1.
    Don't bother with 0.

That's about all I can do to help those that have issues in games as I don't have every device. New values would just be a shot in the dark for me. I personally think it's a property that's worth the time to get right on your phone. People in the LG G3 forum have no issues and are very happy with it. It makes a considerable overall difference.
    faster, but destroys gameplay by making them go into a time warp thing
    Don't trust benchmarks because they are variable (they will never show the same result with two simultaneous tests), the most important part is the feeling and the changes you can see. :)

I had some problems with my status bar which suffered of some slowdowns. After the installation of your mod, they disappeared on my Galaxy Young ! Thanks a lot. :highfive: