[MOD] Low-RAM Property Patcher for Android

2,152 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,467

By AdrianDC, Recognized Developer on 18th January 2018, 10:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2019, 02:08 PM |#341  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnnyBT

So I bought a Huawei Mediapad T5 10 with LTE - however, I screwed up because I bought the 16GB 2GB Ram version instead of the 32 GB 3GB RAM version and this leads me to a problem; The EMUI of Huawei really sucks because without any app the system occupies around 1.6 GB and I guess this is the reason that the tablet feels useless . the keyboard constantly crashes, I can't watch a video on Chrome without jerks, is is a total mess (I know that it is a low budget device but considering that Huawei wants to become the biggest phone and tablet manufacturer they should either provide a suitable software or not sell a 2 GB version)
So having such an experience out of the box is a terrible thing;

So I had no idea about custom ROMS until yesterday evening so please excuse me if I still don't know everything and I need some help;

So I realized that the bookloader is locked at Huawei devices and that with my firmware it is not possible to unlock - so I followed an explanation for the Mediapad M5 which has the same problem and downgraded the Firmware and now I can unlock the bootloader with the DC Unlocker;
But now I found this great patch and therefore I wanted to ask:

1. Do I need an unlocked bootloader to flash tthe patch?
2. Can I leave EMUI on the device and just add the low ram patch to EMUI? Is that useful?
3. If not - what OS is recommendable and most importantly compatible to my device and the patch?

It is hard to find something

------------------------------------------

Update: Okay, I already searched a bit further and I think I already found some answers; Correct me if I am wrong...
I need to unlock the bootloader to install the low ram patch since I can only do it with TWRP which needs an unlocked bootloader; I can

1. Unlock the bootloader
2. Install TWRP
3. Install a suitable OS
4. Install the Patch

Is that correct? I think I found enough explanation on how to do those steps but I only have one big problem; I don't know what OS to use - I thought of Lineage 15.1 but the problem is: Only the Mediapad M5 is supported and not the Mediapad T5 - can I still use the Lineage OS for the T5? Or what other options do I have? Bear in mind that I have only 2 gb of ram as well...

I'm not the OP but the second part of your post appears to be correct. I used the patch on my J3 with similar specs and it worked quite well. You may need to flash other things like magisk, force encryption disabler etc but i would search for your device here on xda for a device specific thread to help you along. Best of luck!

11th June 2019, 05:43 PM |#342  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thanks @AdrianDC for this great Low-RAM Patcher.

Here follows a now short feedback regarding the compatibility with the final CM11 (KitKat 4.4.4) release 20180710 for the Samsung Galaxy mini 2 (S6500).

Unfortunately the two packages doesn't work for me. There occurs an install error:

Code:
Updater process ended with signal: 4
Error installing zip file ' /external_sd/Android/Low-RAM Patcher/android_lowram_enabler.zip'
Code:
Updater process ended with signal: 4
Error installing zip file ' /external_sd/Android/Low-RAM Patcher/android_lowram_disabler.zip'
Kind regards
lorn10
11th June 2019, 06:47 PM |#343  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,017

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorn10

Unfortunately the two packages doesn't work for me. There occurs an install error

It's an old and well known cosmetic issue: Flashing succeeds (everything works) but an error 4 is reported.

To get rid of this error you may use the edited zip from a previous post, see https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...3/post78269449
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 07:57 PM |#344  

More
Thanks @guest4711 for that hint!

It works now without any misleading error message. The "signal 4 error" maybe an issue of older Android versions like KitKat and Lollipop.

Whatever, - because there is no corrected "disabler package" avaiable I have "tweaked" one with Notepad++. It seems to work in my case for CM11 at the mini 2. If someone notices any issues please report and I will remove that package immediately. I hope that additional mod will be ok @0vermind? All credits goes to you. It was too complex for me to remove any "0vermind" information from the disabler package so I let them all.

Regarding all newer Android users I recommend strongly to use the original builds. These two here can be viewed as KitKat and Lollipop optimized!

By the way, - does anybody knows were I can check in Android (or in the Terminal with a command) if the low ram flag is set or not? It seems that no app currently shows that information. This would be definitively a nice feature for the open source android "CPU Info" app (apk at F-Droid).

Kind regards
lorn10
11th June 2019, 09:57 PM |#345  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,017

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorn10

By the way, - does anybody knows were I can check in Android (or in the Terminal with a command) if the low ram flag is set or not? It seems that no app currently shows that information.

How about opening a terminal and entering
Code:
getprop | grep low_ram
?
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
12th June 2019, 08:46 AM |#346  

More
Again thanks guest4711 for the fast help. It worked.

Code:
getprop | grep low_ram
And the modded "disabler package" does exactly what it should. It disables the low_ram flag again without any "signal 4 error", - confirmed for the mini 2 CM11 build.
The Following User Says Thank You to lorn10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lorn10 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)