Thanks Meter: 5,358

By Zackptg5, Senior Member on 21st October 2017, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2017, 06:09 PM |#11  
Flag Erie, CO
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
You should probably add Samsung to the weird/hexed/Satan kernels. Tried flashing your zip and recovery came back with Invalid Partition upon failure, my device is a Galaxy Note 5 running RR 7.1.2. I do love the idea and your work though bro. Thanks.

29th October 2017, 03:41 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic12

You should probably add Samsung to the weird/hexed/Satan kernels. Tried flashing your zip and recovery came back with Invalid Partition upon failure, my device is a Galaxy Note 5 running RR 7.1.2. I do love the idea and your work though bro. Thanks.

I tried to originally but it was basically impossible to detect all bootimg types and they need extract binaries which if I included them all, would make the zip over 70mb. I updated the op a few days ago with instructions on how to add support for weird boot imgs (it's basically adding a few files to the zip)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
29th October 2017, 03:58 AM |#13  
Flag Erie, CO
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
I completely understand, I wasn't gonna ask you to include my kernel regardless that's rather selfish, and I did follow your guide in the OP to get it to work. I was just suggesting maybe add Samsung kernels next to LG in your OP. Great work bro, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

I tried to originally but it was basically impossible to detect all bootimg types and they need extract binaries which if I included them all, would make the zip over 70mb. I updated the op a few days ago with instructions on how to add support for weird boot imgs (it's basically adding a few files to the zip)

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I'm a retard, I read the OP wrong earlier. Disregard the adding Samsung part ha.

Quote:

31st October 2017, 07:58 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscheib01

Is that supposed to work systemlessly?

The boot img is not part of the system partition so that's systemless. However, it installs an addon.d script and modifies the sysinit and install_recovery files if present which are on the system. It won't break safetynet if that's what you're wondering
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
1st November 2017, 01:25 AM |#15  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 7,586

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The boot img is not part of the system partition so that's systemless. However, it installs an addon.d script and modifies the sysinit and install_recovery files if present which are on the system. It won't break safetynet if that's what you're wondering

I thought *any* System modification trips the Safety net?

I use the Universal Safetynet Bypass module for Magisk so it doesn't bother me, but curious.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
1st November 2017, 01:39 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDan

I thought *any* System modification trips the Safety net?

I use the Universal Safetynet Bypass module for Magisk so it doesn't bother me, but curious.

That's what I thought initially too but I've found lots of system modifications doesn't break safetynet such as editing the hosts file. Modifications to the zygote such as xposed framework for sure break safetynet but I'm not sure exactly which system modifications would. Other than testing them myself, I'm not really sure what would break it. I've found that you can completely alter parts of the system like with arise sound systems which adds a whole slew of libs and other modifications and safetynet still won't break (I found through my work there that having the system mounted as rw via a boot script will trigger safetynet but you can even go so far as to mount it as rw, make your changes, and then remount it as ro before boot completes and safetynet will still pass). It's weird man
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
2nd November 2017, 06:37 PM |#17  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 7,586

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's what I thought initially too but I've found lots of system modifications doesn't break safetynet such as editing the hosts file. Modifications to the zygote such as xposed framework for sure break safetynet but I'm not sure exactly which system modifications would. Other than testing them myself, I'm not really sure what would break it. I've found that you can completely alter parts of the system like with arise sound systems which adds a whole slew of libs and other modifications and safetynet still won't break (I found through my work there that having the system mounted as rw via a boot script will trigger safetynet but you can even go so far as to mount it as rw, make your changes, and then remount it as ro before boot completes and safetynet will still pass). It's weird man

Kind of makes sense actually.

Hosts is in etc right, nothing in there is executable. So I imagine any changes to etc won't trip it because nothing in there would mess with device security. Sound mods... Well yeah they ADD libs but they don't replace any do they? They just add sound filters through the mixer configs in etc.

So I guess it makes sense. Sysinit is just added to xbin or whatever and I guess that doesn't trip it. But if you replaced, say, dex2oat with a proxy script to intercept oat generation, then it would definitely trip it.

9th November 2017, 03:41 AM |#18  
Is it really needed??
I want to flash Dolby Atmos for Redmi Note 4, but init.d support is needed as mentioned by developer.
I tried Dolby Atmos without it sound is loud and great
I can't understand, why init.d is still needed?
Can anyone explain here?
9th November 2017, 05:12 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.tiger12

Is it really needed??
I want to flash Dolby Atmos for Redmi Note 4, but init.d support is needed as mentioned by developer.
I tried Dolby Atmos without it sound is loud and great
I can't understand, why init.d is still needed?
Can anyone explain here?

If it's working, then you don't need it or already have it. Init.d support is needed for Dolby if you are not using magisk or supersu and you have selinux set to enforcing
6th December 2017, 08:03 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:

If it's working, then you don't need it or already have it. Init.d support is needed for Dolby if you are not using magisk or supersu and you have selinux set to enforcing

That's with respect to Dolby, what does it provide as a general point of view? What is it's significance?
Explain if you've enough time or just throw a link, it will help out.
6th December 2017, 08:36 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3vyarth

That's with respect to Dolby, what does it provide as a general point of view? What is it's significance?
Explain if you've enough time or just throw a link, it will help out.

It has it's own eq as well as some effects. The pictures in the OP shows them: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...atmos-t3412342

I can' really explain exactly how it sounds as it's pretty unique so you'd just have to try it yourself and see
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)