By Zackptg5, Senior Member on 21st October 2017, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2017, 08:36 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3vyarth

That's with respect to Dolby, what does it provide as a general point of view? What is it's significance?
Explain if you've enough time or just throw a link, it will help out.

It has it's own eq as well as some effects. The pictures in the OP shows them: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...atmos-t3412342

I can' really explain exactly how it sounds as it's pretty unique so you'd just have to try it yourself and see
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free

6th December 2017, 08:44 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Dropped an update - v1.4! Just some minor bug fixes and pixel 2 support (in theory, need someone to test and let me know)
6th December 2017, 08:48 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

It has it's own eq as well as some effects. The pictures in the OP shows them: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...atmos-t3412342

I can' really explain exactly how it sounds as it's pretty unique so you'd just have to try it yourself and see

Thanks but I was asking about significance of "Init.d", is this only for Dolby? Are there other things in which "Init.d" helps out?
6th December 2017, 09:18 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3vyarth

Thanks but I was asking about significance of "Init.d", is this only for Dolby? Are there other things in which "Init.d" helps out?

Init.d is a folder present in system/etc in which scripts are run at boot. It was pretty common place in earlier versions of android but has since been seemingly phased out (remnants of support for it are still present in newer versions of android and most newer roms have some half baked-not functional support for it). This mod adds back init.d support for all devices in which boot img is supported (kernel needs patched for this).
For dolby, it relies on a boot script to set the sepolicy of audioserver, mediaserver, and a few other things so it can run properly so if you aren't using supersu or magisk which have their own methods of running boot scripts, then you need init.d support to run that script.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
18th December 2017, 05:25 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Dropped a new update. Removed all addon.d backup/restore stuff since restoring an old kernel would be bad if the user dirty flashes an updated rom or something like that and updated AK2. Use old v1.4 zip to uninstall old version before flashing v1.5 in order to remove all addon.d stuff (or just delete the script manually)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
12th January 2018, 02:41 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Hey there. I flashed 1.5 and it allows went fine, but I do not seem to have init.d support running yet. Got any thoughts on this?

I am running Lineage OS 14.1 on my Galaxy Note 3. The kernel is 3.4.113-lineageos-g0f5e952.

Seems like I might need to kick-start it some how. The files seem to be in the right place.

Thanks for a recent mod to add Universal init.d!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Labs
12th January 2018, 04:17 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmuse

Hey there. I flashed 1.5 and it allows went fine, but I do not seem to have init.d support running yet. Got any thoughts on this?

I am running Lineage OS 14.1 on my Galaxy Note 3. The kernel is 3.4.113-lineageos-g0f5e952.

Seems like I might need to kick-start it some how. The files seem to be in the right place.

Thanks for a recent mod to add Universal init.d!

How did you verify that init.d isn't working? Have you tried making an init.d script and giving it 755 permissions?
12th January 2018, 06:43 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

How did you verify that init.d isn't working? Have you tried making an init.d script and giving it 755 permissions?

Yes. I have a test file that should create a empty file on my internal sdcard among others.

I can run 'sysinit' in a terminal and all runs fine. What should call this during boot? Or is this the wrong way to look at it?

12th January 2018, 07:18 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Yes. I have a test file that should create a empty file on my internal sdcard among others.

I can run 'sysinit' in a terminal and all runs fine. What should call this during boot? Or is this the wrong way to look at it?

It should be at the end of the init.rc file located at the root of your device. There's no way to edit it while the device is booted though, it should be run as a late start service so not sure what's going on there. I'm thinking of changing it up a bit in the next version but can you send me a full logcat for now?
12th January 2018, 08:09 PM |#30  

More
Quote:

It should be at the end of the init.rc file located at the root of your device. There's no way to edit it while the device is booted though, it should be run as a late start service so not sure what's going on there. I'm thinking of changing it up a bit in the next version but can you send me a full logcat for now?

Does this log help? If you need a log from adb, I will have to get to that later.

Attached Files
File Type: zip 2018-01-12-14-00-22.txt.zip - [Click for QR Code] (88.2 KB, 60 views)
12th January 2018, 08:13 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Does this log help? If you need a log from adb, I will have to get to that later.

That log should be good. I'm going to redo some of this mod so it no longer needs to make a system file this weekend. I'll post it when it's ready, hopefully it'll work for you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)