FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MODS][SCRIPTS] Zackptg5's Misc Projects

3,553 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,496

By Zackptg5, Senior Member on 20th December 2018, 02:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Many of you already know that I have all of my projects listed with their respective xda threads and download links on my website, but not all of them had an xda thread. So rather than cluttering xda with a new thread for each individual mod I make, I decided to put the smaller ones here

Binaries
  • Curl For Android Build Script
    This builds zlib and openssl (static). Then builds a static curl binary with support for those
  • GNU Utils For Android Build Script
    I combined by other GNU build scripts into one it contains a good number of useful GNU binaries such as bash, coreutils (with advanced cp/mv - adds progress bar functionality), gawk (GNU awk), and sed. Check it out to see the expanding list
  • Keycheck
    Finally tracked down the source code for this. This will compile the keycheck binary so you can use vol key selections and what not. Uses a modified build script by @osms0sis. Instructions on the repo
  • Zip for Android
    This builds the zip binary, prepared for android by cloudchou @github in addition to a build script by @osm0sis that I modified for this. Just clone the repo, cd to jni, chmod the build script, and run it
  • Zipalign For Android
    This builds the zipalign binary, prepared for android by @osm0sis (with some slight modifications to the build script by me). Just clone the repo, chmod the build script, and run it

Mods
  • Curl For Android
    This zip contains the latest curl binary cross-compiled for android (compiled with zlib and openssl)
  • GNU Utils For Android
    This zip contains the latest stable awk (gawk), bash, coreutils, sed, and many other binaries cross compiled for android. Check it out for the full list of GNU binaries included
  • Codec Power Gating Disabler
    Another straightforward one. Disables codec power gating. It's needed for some audio mods like @chdloc's Biquads
  • Kernel Sepolicy Patcher
    Unlike most sepolicy mods out there, this one changes sepolicy at the kernel level - meaning no boot script crap so it'll work regardless of other mods/root solutions (or lack there of). You can choose between enforcing or permissive while flashing it - you can use this to switch at will to test stuff out or whatever

More will be added when I come out with them. For a complete list of all of the stuff I work on, check out my website linked at the top of this post

Audio Mod Troubleshooting Guide

XDA:DevDB Information
Zackptg5's Misc Projects, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Zackptg5

Version Information

Created 2018-12-20
Last Updated 2019-05-28
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free

21st December 2018, 06:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Earlier this week I got Android Auto in my car. I never considered that Viper4Android wouldn't work with it. I was hoping the USB Policy Patcher would fix that but it didn't. It looks like this is a problem for most, if not all people.

Has anyone found a way to use V4A while connected to Android Auto through a USB cable? If so, please explain what you had to do. Thanks.
23rd December 2018, 05:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Updated mods for new unity 2.2

Also added option to notification_helper remover to remove libvolumelistener.so
31st December 2018, 02:38 PM |#4  
Flag Repalle
Thanks Meter: 225

More
@Zackptg5
If i want to use your Bash for android in a kitkat stockrom.. then the following zip is fine?..
I extracted the main files from your zip and made a simple zip...
since in Magisk Manager ..description about your bash for android says it needs 5.0+.....
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip bash_for_android_zackptg5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (913.8 KB, 520 views)
31st December 2018, 02:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemanthJabalpuri

@Zackptg5
If i want to use your Bash for android in a kitkat stockrom.. then the following zip is fine?..
I extracted the main files from your zip and made a simple zip...
since in Magisk Manager ..description about your bash for android says it needs 5.0+.....
Thanks

The compiled zip is for lollipop+. If you want it for older, go to the bash build script link in the OP and compile arm binary for Api 19 (or older)
31st December 2018, 02:42 PM |#6  
Flag Repalle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

The compiled zip is for lollipop+. If you want it for older, go to the bash build script link in the OP and compile arm binary for Api 19 (or older)

Thanks for quick reply...
But I dont have a pc sir...
31st December 2018, 02:46 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Build script is for Linux. I'll try building later today
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
31st December 2018, 03:46 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Here you go, latest bash stable compiled for kitkat (API=19) (and newer) arm devices
Attached Files
File Type: zip bash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (651.7 KB, 258 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
31st December 2018, 03:56 PM |#9  
Flag Repalle

More
Quote:

Here you go, latest bash stable compiled for kitkat (API=19) (and newer) arm devices

Thanks a lot for your time..
and Happy New Year...
but I just place in xbin without any other files?
i.e., /system/etc/bash/bashrc
/system/etc/bash.bash_logout
/system/etc/bash.bashrc
are not needed?
31st December 2018, 03:57 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks a lot for your time..
and Happy New Year...
but I just place in xbin without any other files?

Right. Then chmod 0755 it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
31st December 2018, 04:00 PM |#11  
Flag Repalle

More
Quote:

Right. Then chmod 0755 it

/system/etc/bash/bashrc
/system/etc/bash.bash_logout
/system/etc/bash.bashrc
are not needed?
I saw these files in your main zip v1.8.4