3,661 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,690

By Zackptg5, Senior Member on 20th December 2018, 03:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2019, 08:02 PM |#121  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks but the timeout and sort both seems to work fine w/o any errors.
I installed the Magisk module with GNU core-utils, and a symlink is made to a binary named the same in "/system/bin".

since the Java part of app depends on it's native part and native part has move/copy etc functions implemented in the code, it's a bit difficult to say app depends on those binaries, mount and unmount also works okay, restricted access would mean SELinux trouble I suppose.

The error specifically says, "device or resources busy" when copying "audio_policy.conf" to "audio_policy.conf.bak" and many system files are successfully overwritten before this file, the conf file is locked on by a program I suppose that isn't being killed by the app while the core-utils Magisk module is active, sadly nothing such is reported in the logs.

thanks anyway, guess I've to dig in android system code deeper...
16th September 2019, 10:20 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
will kernel sepolicy patcher cause any problem on stock miui boot image (after magisk) ?
16th September 2019, 01:17 PM |#123  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuLygon

will kernel sepolicy patcher cause any problem on stock miui boot image (after magisk) ?

It shouldnt but always make a backup before flashing anything
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
10th November 2019, 06:04 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
hi
is there any chance to have a grep binary with perl-regexp enabled
thank you
11th November 2019, 03:42 AM |#125  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,388

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by td32

hi
is there any chance to have a grep binary with perl-regexp enabled
thank you

Version of grep in Gnu-utils

grep -P
or
grep --perl-regexp

PATTERNS are Perl regular expressions
11th November 2019, 01:53 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Version of grep in Gnu-utils

grep -P
or
grep --perl-regexp

PATTERNS are Perl regular expressions

yes, -P is not enabled in the binary posted above
11th November 2019, 04:23 PM |#127  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,388

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by td32

yes, -P is not enabled in the binary posted above

You're right. My bad.

grep: support for the -P option is not compiled into this --disable-perl-regexp binary

I know Zack is pretty busy nowadays but hopefully he can find some time to recompile.
@Zackptg5 - while you're recompiling:
cpio
gzip
rmt
All are getting "FORTIFY: %n not allowed on Android" when using --help. That should be the last of those. I just checked each standalone compile.

grcat
pwcat
Are getting segmentation faults. Since we don't have regular group or password implementation these are probably useless in any case so can be removed. Their function is to dump the group or password database.

What is "toe" used for?
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 02:20 AM |#128  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

You're right. My bad.

grep: support for the -P option is not compiled into this --disable-perl-regexp binary

I know Zack is pretty busy nowadays but hopefully he can find some time to recompile.
@Zackptg5 - while you're recompiling:
cpio
gzip
rmt
All are getting "FORTIFY: %n not allowed on Android" when using --help. That should be the last of those. I just checked each standalone compile.

grcat
pwcat
Are getting segmentation faults. Since we don't have regular group or password implementation these are probably useless in any case so can be removed. Their function is to dump the group or password database.

What is "toe" used for?

Thanks for the details, I've been pretty swamped lately but I'll try to look into this. I have no idea what toe is but it's a part of ncurses so I just stuck it in there. The fortify errors are likely NDK related so I bet those will go away if I use a different toolchain. Segfaults are a headache so there's a good chance I'll just get rid of those binaries
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
Today, 04:07 AM |#130  
OP Senior Member

More
Got around to revisiting one of my needs improvement projects: curl cross-compile and am happy to report that I finally got it where I want it. Old build repo is now defunct and new one is here if you want to check it out:
https://github.com/Zackptg5/curl-boringssl-android
Updated the curl unity addon too - it contains dynamic binaries with tons of features enabled.
If you need static ones for an installer zip or something (I can't see a real reason to use it over the dynamic ones unless you're running older than lollipop), you can grab them from here: https://github.com/Zackptg5/Unity-Ad...External-Tools
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)