678 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,292

Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2019, 08:03 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSpirale

I got a weird bug on the poco f1 using lkt (mostly balanced profile) when I charge my battery indicator get stuck to 75%. However it still charge since it rest a bunch of time stuck to 75%

Rom xiaomi.eu
Kernel Extreme kernel v9

I have the same problem even after removing the module

LOS 14.1

24th April 2019, 09:21 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by korom42

Right.. it clearly is

Damn everyones a critic

I Willl Scarfice For Those That I Love
24th April 2019, 10:48 PM |#23  
Flag Barmstedt
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Very nice tweaks. Old HTC m8 runs smoother now
27th April 2019, 11:56 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 454

More
Working fine on Xiaomi MI9 SD855
1st May 2019, 08:37 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochyX

Damn everyones a critic

I love the sarcasm!

Clearly anyone who's been into optimizing their phone seriously, knows this takes time. Reading a FAQ will solve many questions and is therefore a must, like dedicating your time in going step by step to see the effects of your changes.

Each phone is a world on its own but most people today want miracles at once, which just won't work.
The world today is all about speed, the faster the better. No time for thinking, searching, comparing, reflecting, evaluating with patience and drawing conclusions on real foundations.
No, today if it doesn't work right after installing as one expects it's called worthless sh** even though the ones who say that most probably never even wrote a line of code in their whole life. If they did they would have more respect for the programmer.

As you can guess I do because I'm one of them, dating as far back as 1976, I even touched a Univac 9300 in those days.
korom42, you have my sympathy. LKT didn't work on my phone, but that's not your fault and doesn't take away any of your credit for the program.

Keep up the good work!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirandam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mirandam Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 11:35 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just putting this out there. This did not work out for me and I uninstalled it from Magisk and ended up having to do three factory resets....
6th May 2019, 01:23 AM |#27  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 857

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calseen

Just putting this out there. This did not work out for me and I uninstalled it from Magisk and ended up having to do three factory resets....

Factory resetting because you installed a systemless Magisk module .... lol k
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynospectrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dynospectrum Ad-Free
7th May 2019, 11:49 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
And I have no idea what you're talking about.
10th May 2019, 10:28 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Any chance this would work on an Amlogic device?
10th May 2019, 10:31 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Are there any Zswap optimizations with this module?

11th May 2019, 10:33 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Always balanced
Quote:
Originally Posted by korom42

High performance & power saving tweaks for all devices (THAT ACTUALLY WORK)

Introduction
LKT is a cumilation of different strategies that target certain kernel settings. What makes this special and stand out from the crowd is being universal and device specific at the same time. And it's also BS free. Using simple functions LKT detects the hardware of your device then it applies the corresponding changes. It does support all mainstream platforms including Snapdragon, Kirin, MediaTek etc. covering hundreds of devices.
These tweaks have been tested and can stand up to 12-14H of SOT with no-compromise on performance all smooth as a baby's bottom.
However, it should be noted that this does not apply to gaming, facebook, snapchat, instagram and heavy camera usage ...etc
Nothing can be done for anything that is an automatic battery killer and forces maximum resources usage at all the time.

How does it work?
LKT aims to achieve a balance between power consumption and performance. Compared to tuning the parameters manually, LKT adopts Project WIPE open source interactive parameters for all mainstream SOCs that are generated via machine learning AI and can adapt to multiple styles of workload sequences. This idea is similar to EAS, which takes into account both performance and power consumption costs through power consumption models and workload sequence. But obviously, EAS has a much lower response time and replaces tuning with decision logic. In addition, it also includes other parameter tuning, such as HMP scheduler parameters, virtual Memory, GPU, IO blocks tuning, and doze rules to unify the rest of the kernel parameters for a more consistent experience.
LKT also supports schedutil and other EAS governors in devices like the Pixel 2. Unlike interactive, schedutil does not provide a wide range of tuning parameters but there are some workarounds. In Snapdragon 835 for example depending on what profile is selected, LKT limits the maximum frequency of big cores accordingly because big clusters power efficiency of SD835 dramatically decreases above 2 GHz, as a trade of losing 15% performance, improving power consumption by 40% or more is a much better deal.

Features
  • Multi-Profile
  • Improved smoothness & battery life
  • Advanced interactive governor tuning (Project WIPE)
  • EAS devices Support
  • RAM management enhancements
  • IO blocks enhancements
  • Enabled & configured wakelock blocking
  • Disabled a excessive logging at kernel level (Improves battery life as well as performance)
  • Other miscellaneous adjustments to enhance power efficiency

Profiles
Requirements
Installation
  • Flash in TWRP or Magisk manager
  • Follow the given instructions
  • Reboot
Read the FAQ from here or here before asking anything. (Regularly updated)

Credits
Code:
Project WIPE contributors  Github
yc9559 - @CoolApk
cjybyjk - @CoolApk

Special Thank
Zackptg5 & ahrion - Unity template
topjohnwu - Magisk
osm0sis - Busybox
Contributors
@korom42

Sources
Original XDA thread
Github

License
Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3

No matter what profile I select, after the processing/loading the profile remains at balanced.
phone: huawei Mate 10 lite
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)