[PORT]MIUI Camera Universal Port

Search This thread

fxsheep

May 26, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi began to sell its first Android One phone Mi A1, it has original AOSP official ROM,but with a MIUI Camera.This means Xiaomi has ported the MIUI Cam to AOSP ROM,and this enables us to extract and port MIUI camera to any devices on any ROMs (in theory).
And it has been ported by many people to many Xiaomi devices with non-miui ROMs flashed .

However ,that MIUI cam app still needs much device-specific modifications and even needs to install many files into /system with a flashable zip.

It's a long and hard process to port it device by device. It's also needs root and unlocked bootloader to put files into system partition.

So the MIUI Camera Universal Port aims to port MIUI Camera into a common apk file that you just need to click and install.

Currently it's in early stage and have problems using some functions.

Important:This app will not remind you (showing a toast or dialog )to allow permissions.You need to enable all permissions of this app in settings. Go to Settings - Apps ,click MIUI camera and open permissions - enable all.
(Thanks @murali3127 for reminding)
Changelog in v0.03
Disabled INTERNET permission,to avoid data collecting .
Changed package name to avoid conflicts.
Thanks @jc9896 for reminding.

Change log in v0.01
Initial release
Modified code to enable all functions on any device (it will still disable automatically if a function is not supported by hardware)
Modified code to detect ISP platforms automatically (currently MIUI Cam only support qcom,mediatek,nvidia and lead core, if you run it on unsupported platforms such as HiSilicon the app still works but some bugs will never get fixed)
Added some libs to fix bugs

Download:
v0.03:
https://mega.nz/#!AzgTxJJI!QVeG2Vsu1gxQ1hEuCtSKDim8jHKLwihDVbByIleCdx8

Attachments

• MiuiCamera_universal_port_v0.01.apk
    15.3 MB · Views: 190,994
Last edited:

tasnim_tamim

Mar 10, 2016
Dhaka, Bangladesh
I tested the APK on 7.1.2 AEX ROM. It installs and opens! :laugh:
But camera fails :(

Screenshot attached below

Sent from my SM-G530H using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171120-145919.png
    Screenshot_20171120-145919.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 16,589
Reactions: Aravindhanzzzzzxxz

tasnim_tamim

Mar 10, 2016
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Go to settings>apps and give camera app all permissions.
It worked!
Setted up all permission and it works without any problem. Flash, camera, video, selfie everything works. It's actually better than Snap Camera that came with my ROM.

Screenshot in attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171120-161203.jpg
    Screenshot_20171120-161203.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 17,806
  • Screenshot_20171120-161213.png
    Screenshot_20171120-161213.png
    31 KB · Views: 17,669
  • Screenshot_20171120-161224.jpg
    Screenshot_20171120-161224.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 17,405
  • Screenshot_20171120-161310.png
    Screenshot_20171120-161310.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 16,262
  • Screenshot_20171120-161255.png
    Screenshot_20171120-161255.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 15,602

dadaz007

Feb 6, 2012
Morteau
Google Pixel 6
Thanks a lot. It works great on my Redmi Not 3 on LOS 14.1. Even Panorama that never works on some other ports.

Do you think you could port new version (I think) that have auto HDR with flash ?

There is one on Redmi Note section but panorama doesn't works.

Thanks again for your work.

jc9896

Jul 12, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G Flex 2
Works perfectly on my Redmi 2 running MIUI 9 by miuipro.
Some issue are that group selfie mode crashes the app, and video HDR causes camera to freeze. Using Apkeditor I changed package name to avoid conflicts.
Great job!

fxsheep

May 26, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi 9
Works perfectly on my Redmi 2 running MIUI 9 by miuipro.
Some issue are that group selfie mode crashes the app, and video HDR causes camera to freeze. Using Apkeditor I changed package name to avoid conflicts.
Great job!
Ah... Great idea, change a package name! Thanks for reminding.
Btw you don't need it bcoz miui has this...My target is to port it to non-miui roms.:)

jc9896

Jul 12, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G Flex 2
Ah... Great idea, change a package name! Thanks for reminding.
Btw you don't need it bcoz miui has this...My target is to port it to non-miui roms.:)

Well, the default MIUI camera that comes with MIUI 9 has no advanced features like manual focus, tilt-shift, video mode pause, etc on my Redmi 2, so this adds these features back without needing Xposed (I used to use MIUI 8 tweaks for that)

TheSSJ

Feb 25, 2010
OnePlus Nord
Awesome port! My camera app of my axon 7 mini is broken (produces just grey pictures). This one is feature rich and works almost flawlessly (panorama function FC's, but that's ok :) )

Many thanks for your effort man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xiaomi began to sell its first Android One phone Mi A1, it has original AOSP official ROM,but with a MIUI Camera.This means Xiaomi has ported the MIUI Cam to AOSP ROM,and this enables us to extract and port MIUI camera to any devices on any ROMs (in theory).
    And it has been ported by many people to many Xiaomi devices with non-miui ROMs flashed .

However ,that MIUI cam app still needs much device-specific modifications and even needs to install many files into /system with a flashable zip.

It's a long and hard process to port it device by device. It's also needs root and unlocked bootloader to put files into system partition.

So the MIUI Camera Universal Port aims to port MIUI Camera into a common apk file that you just need to click and install.

Currently it's in early stage and have problems using some functions.

Important:This app will not remind you (showing a toast or dialog )to allow permissions.You need to enable all permissions of this app in settings. Go to Settings - Apps ,click MIUI camera and open permissions - enable all.
    (Thanks @murali3127 for reminding)
    Changelog in v0.03
    Disabled INTERNET permission,to avoid data collecting .
    Changed package name to avoid conflicts.
    Thanks @jc9896 for reminding.

Change log in v0.01
    Initial release
    Modified code to enable all functions on any device (it will still disable automatically if a function is not supported by hardware)
    Modified code to detect ISP platforms automatically (currently MIUI Cam only support qcom,mediatek,nvidia and lead core, if you run it on unsupported platforms such as HiSilicon the app still works but some bugs will never get fixed)
    Added some libs to fix bugs

Download:
    v0.03:
    https://mega.nz/#!AzgTxJJI!QVeG2Vsu1gxQ1hEuCtSKDim8jHKLwihDVbByIleCdx8
    I tested the APK on 7.1.2 AEX ROM. It installs and opens! :laugh:
    But camera fails :(

Screenshot attached below

Front cam not working

In my lenovo k6 note with aosp extended rom, can't take any photo from front cam and also app stops working after trying to swap the camera from fron to rear
    for permission fix

set sdk min & target into 21.

thanks again for the miui cam port..
    Great Work

I love this app!:eek:
    Miui has such a great ui:cool: mabye i'll buy a xiaomi phone again but i really cant live with their firmware update policy:crying: