Xiaomi Mi 9
i got same issue about miui camera
1.cant take a pic with front cam
2.when take pic with rear cam there is some gap about 2second to take it
3. flash always on when I set flash off

Please fix it
My rom Aosp Nitrogen Cancro 8.1.0

I'm looking into front cam problem.
Even stock miui system camera ,with miui ,has has lags when taking photos.
Turn off chroma flash in settings to avoid always on.

ac78912

Jul 24, 2010
Front cam not working

In my lenovo k6 note with aosp extended rom, can't take any photo from front cam and also app stops working after trying to swap the camera from fron to rear

Reactions: HarizNaim

RIPPERS

Apr 17, 2017
Ya front camera not work to take picture. Please fix it
This logcat

Attachments

• front-camera-error-to-take-pincture-2018-01-03-07-24-39.txt
    372.8 KB · Views: 99

bullooka

Jan 24, 2013
Ziro
OnePlus 7 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi began to sell its first Android One phone Mi A1, it has original AOSP official ROM,but with a MIUI Camera.This means Xiaomi has ported the MIUI Cam to AOSP ROM,and this enables us to extract and port MIUI camera to any devices on any ROMs (in theory).
And it has been ported by many people to many Xiaomi devices with non-miui ROMs flashed .

However ,that MIUI cam app still needs much device-specific modifications and even needs to install many files into /system with a flashable zip.

It's a long and hard process to port it device by device. It's also needs root and unlocked bootloader to put files into system partition.

So the MIUI Camera Universal Port aims to port MIUI Camera into a common apk file that you just need to click and install.

Currently it's in early stage and have problems using some functions.

Important:This app will not remind you (showing a toast or dialog )to allow permissions.You need to enable all permissions of this app in settings. Go to Settings - Apps ,click MIUI camera and open permissions - enable all.
(Thanks @murali3127 for reminding)
Changelog in v0.03
Disabled INTERNET permission,to avoid data collecting .
Changed package name to avoid conflicts.
Thanks @jc9896 for reminding.

Change log in v0.01
Initial release
Modified code to enable all functions on any device (it will still disable automatically if a function is not supported by hardware)
Modified code to detect ISP platforms automatically (currently MIUI Cam only support qcom,mediatek,nvidia and lead core, if you run it on unsupported platforms such as HiSilicon the app still works but some bugs will never get fixed)
Added some libs to fix bugs

Download:
v0.03:
https://mega.nz/#!AzgTxJJI!QVeG2Vsu1gxQ1hEuCtSKDim8jHKLwihDVbByIleCdx8

Will you post the apk installer of latest version, for non root devices

XelaaleX1234

Jan 6, 2018
Great Work

I love this app!:eek:
Miui has such a great ui:cool: mabye i'll buy a xiaomi phone again but i really cant live with their firmware update policy:crying:

Reactions: imilleson

XelaaleX1234

Jan 6, 2018
Just wanted to say. Thanks!
Realy great thing your doing this, miui camera is great!

I noticed some things:
Dosent work on MM
Options with the red point dont wiork thinck they mean "New"...
I'm not sure but I think the beauty mode dosent work I see no diffrence, it doesnt show the age and gender too. Honor 6X BLN-L21 Android.7.1

Thanks for your great work

Reactions: imilleson

salamala893

Apr 23, 2015
Not working on Xperia X Compact (latest firmware)
But I've found one on youtube that actually works
the only problem is that I wanted the camera for the filters, but there are no filters in the one I've downloaded
any advice?

Last edited:

DomeD13

Feb 6, 2016
Great port, thanks a lot. Therer are only two things not working on Mi6 Atomic8.1 is the Dual Camera. There is the button for the other camera, and it zooms in to 2x but if you take a look into the datas of the taken picture you cann see, that both pictures are taken with the normal camera. So the second "zoom camera" is actually never used. And the second is front facing camera, the UI freezes immediatly and I cant take pictures with the front facing cam.
But everything else works great!

shinigami_tsin

Mar 21, 2016
On mido (redmi note 4x)
. Disable flash but when touch screen, flash light still enabled (cam)
. Can not enable HDR function at video cam record (device still not work)

XelaaleX1234

Jan 6, 2018
Not working on Xperia X Compact (latest firmware)
But I've found one on youtube that actually works
the only problem is that I wanted the camera for the filters, but there are no filters in the one I've downloaded
any advice?
I think you have to be on android 7 to install and you have to enable all permissions in settings.

PodGom

Apr 23, 2014
Nice app, rear camera video and photos working on t0lte(note 2) lineageOS. FCs when switching to front camera tho.

Nachtfalkeaw

Aug 26, 2008
Hi,
working on Mi 4i with RR 5.8.5.
What is not working is face detection with age. This was funny on MIUI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xiaomi began to sell its first Android One phone Mi A1, it has original AOSP official ROM,but with a MIUI Camera.This means Xiaomi has ported the MIUI Cam to AOSP ROM,and this enables us to extract and port MIUI camera to any devices on any ROMs (in theory).
    And it has been ported by many people to many Xiaomi devices with non-miui ROMs flashed .

However ,that MIUI cam app still needs much device-specific modifications and even needs to install many files into /system with a flashable zip.

It's a long and hard process to port it device by device. It's also needs root and unlocked bootloader to put files into system partition.

So the MIUI Camera Universal Port aims to port MIUI Camera into a common apk file that you just need to click and install.

Currently it's in early stage and have problems using some functions.

Important:This app will not remind you (showing a toast or dialog )to allow permissions.You need to enable all permissions of this app in settings. Go to Settings - Apps ,click MIUI camera and open permissions - enable all.
    (Thanks @murali3127 for reminding)
    Changelog in v0.03
    Disabled INTERNET permission,to avoid data collecting .
    Changed package name to avoid conflicts.
    Thanks @jc9896 for reminding.

Change log in v0.01
    Initial release
    Modified code to enable all functions on any device (it will still disable automatically if a function is not supported by hardware)
    Modified code to detect ISP platforms automatically (currently MIUI Cam only support qcom,mediatek,nvidia and lead core, if you run it on unsupported platforms such as HiSilicon the app still works but some bugs will never get fixed)
    Added some libs to fix bugs

Download:
    v0.03:
    https://mega.nz/#!AzgTxJJI!QVeG2Vsu1gxQ1hEuCtSKDim8jHKLwihDVbByIleCdx8
    I tested the APK on 7.1.2 AEX ROM. It installs and opens! :laugh:
    But camera fails :(

Screenshot attached below

Sent from my SM-G530H using XDA Labs
    Front cam not working

In my lenovo k6 note with aosp extended rom, can't take any photo from front cam and also app stops working after trying to swap the camera from fron to rear
    for permission fix

set sdk min & target into 21.

thanks again for the miui cam port..
    Great Work

I love this app!:eek:
    Miui has such a great ui:cool: mabye i'll buy a xiaomi phone again but i really cant live with their firmware update policy:crying: