FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

PurifyOS By-pass PIE

272 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,121

Post Reply Email Thread
Google in the update from Android KitKat to Android Lollipop has introduced a new type of restriction that blocks the execution of non-PIE binary.
This block mainly forces the user to copy the binaries he wants to run in /system/bin, /system/xbin, or in /sbin.
This restriction stops executing some apps (also app no-root), this Magisk module disable this restriction.

Who needs this module ?:
This modulr can be useful if you run the following statement while you are running a binary:
Error: only available independent executables (PIE) are supported.

How does the module work ?:
The operation is really simple, I checked the commit of the aosp source to identify the changes made to linker.cc responsible for the PIE restriction and I removed the part of code that blocks the execution of non-PIE binaries then it was enough to compile the linker and create a Magisk module with modified binaries.

Compatibility:
Android 7.1.X (probably also 7.0 but has not been tested)
Architectures: all

Flash in Magisk Manager or TWRP, NEEDED MAGISK 13.1 OR NEWER

The source for now is not available, will be released on the following days (Monday at maximum)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PurifyOS-Bypass-PIE.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.25 MB, 1668 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ErnyTech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ErnyTech Ad-Free

5th August 2017, 12:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Working on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge nougat 7.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170805-125217.png
Views:	1748
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	4233075  
The Following User Says Thank You to Spartacus500 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spartacus500 Ad-Free
5th August 2017, 01:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savona, SV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus500

Working on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge nougat 7.0

Did you try to run a non-PIE binary?
5th August 2017, 01:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
No, I did not try, I just installed the module.
6th August 2017, 06:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnyTech

Did you try to run a non-PIE binary?

Hi! Small understanding info on my language on net. Its security restrictions for PIE added,removed by Google in different versions of Android. But in newer buidls his add this check,and any modern OS too have it. In two words tell me why i need bypass this sec.system(e.g disable security)? For exploits?

sorry,Eng is not my native lang.
6th August 2017, 08:42 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savona, SV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentao78

Hi! Small understanding info on my language on net. Its security restrictions for PIE added,removed by Google in different versions of Android. But in newer buidls his add this check,and any modern OS too have it. In two words tell me why i need bypass this sec.system(e.g disable security)? For exploits?

sorry,Eng is not my native lang.

Unfortunately in some roms there are, for example, the Oxygen OS and sometimes also the Lineage. The mod need for users who have to run a binary but its execution is blocked by PIE verification, probably most of the users do not need
7th August 2017, 05:14 AM |#7  
Flag jabalpur
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Yes may be most of the users don't need but thanks for your efforts
3rd October 2017, 08:43 PM |#8  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 11

More
If I use this Magisk module, I cannot take any photo with my camera. Disabling this module, everything is ok again.

I have got a HTC One M8 with LineageOS 14.1.
4th October 2017, 01:27 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Savona, SV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie_2005

If I use this Magisk module, I cannot take any photo with my camera. Disabling this module, everything is ok again.

I have got a HTC One M8 with LineageOS 14.1.

Uhm what rom?
4th October 2017, 08:07 PM |#10  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 11

More
LineageOS 14.1 (CM 14.1)
11th November 2017, 05:54 PM |#11  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 84

More
is it will work on latest LineageOS 14.1??

Edit :: Yes.! it works ...but can u please make a zip for supersu user??it will be really helpful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread