FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REFERENCE] How to compile an Android kernel

13,732 posts
Thanks Meter: 50,782

By nathanchance, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 26th June 2017, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th January 2018, 07:20 AM |#141  
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Nathan I followed your steps and I succeeded on building my kernel and making the zip file. My problem now is I cant flash it, I keep getting errors. I tried to tar it and other methods but they are not working.
15th January 2018, 11:27 AM |#142  
Flag Lucena City
Thanks Meter: 22

More
just got lucky today i had compile my kernel successfully its for Asus Zenfone 3 (snapdragon). I used AIK for unpacking and repacking unfortunately after flashing the image it doesn't boot it just redirects me to fastboot mode.
16th January 2018, 04:56 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hey, first thanks for this tutorial.
Here is my problem, when I try to make clean (or same make 0=out clean), i've an error, I haven't understoop something in the earlier steps but i don't know what.
Screen which should show what i've done :
terminal
17th January 2018, 12:21 AM |#144  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandroid64

Hey, first thanks for this tutorial.
Here is my problem, when I try to make clean (or same make 0=out clean), i've an error, I haven't understoop something in the earlier steps but i don't know what.
Screen which should show what i've done :

terminal

You need to run the make commands in the root of your kernel source, not the configs folder.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2018, 07:16 AM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Hey, so i've tried to compile this kernel (for Z2_row) : https://github.com/mracar07/android_...6/tree/8x-caf/
Unfortunately i've some errors when I compile, the defconfig file i've selected is : z2_row_defconfig but the file length is around 4400lines when if i am right generaly defconfig file (i've try to seen the length on some other kernels for other devices) are more around 600 lines. so Have I chosen the bad defconfig file ? (link: https://github.com/mracar07/android_.../arm64/configs)
19th January 2018, 08:27 AM |#147  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandroid64

Hey, so i've tried to compile this kernel (for Z2_row) : https://github.com/mracar07/android_...6/tree/8x-caf/
Unfortunately i've some errors when I compile, the defconfig file i've selected is : z2_row_defconfig but the file length is around 4400lines when if i am right generaly defconfig file (i've try to seen the length on some other kernels for other devices) are more around 600 lines. so Have I chosen the bad defconfig file ? (link: https://github.com/mracar07/android_.../arm64/configs)

That looks like the correct config, your errors are probably unrelated to that.

Most developers just copy the generated .config file to the configs folder, which is why it is really big. Other developers and companies choose to use the savedefconfig target so that instead of getting a giant defconfig, you get one that only has the values that were changed from the default. The kernel automatically fills in the gaps with the default values.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2018, 11:30 AM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-19 17-28-19.png
Views:	260
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	4393609
i have this problem .. How to solve it ?
19th January 2018, 04:13 PM |#149  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leejunsong

Use a different toolchain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs
20th January 2018, 06:07 AM |#150  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,970

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leejunsong

Attachment 4393609

You're missing libfl.so.2. Add this to your /usr/lib
The Following User Says Thank You to kozmo21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kozmo21 Ad-Free
20th January 2018, 12:06 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-20 18-02-29.png
Views:	570
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	4394579
Now i have new problem , help me bro. thanks Advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)