Remove /Bypass Lockscreen With Recovery

1,054 posts
Thanks Meter: 512

By adithyan25, Senior Member on 1st January 2017, 03:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2017, 06:38 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I have a similar but different issue. After restoring my nandroid backup with TWRP, I now get a "Your phone is encrypted" lockscreen at boot. My passcode works, but my data partition had supposedly always been encrypted - and only after the restore have I gotten the lockscreen at boot. Any ideas what caused this?

19th April 2017, 06:42 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
221B Baker Street
Thanks Meter: 512

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullydeveloped

I have a similar but different issue. After restoring my nandroid backup with TWRP, I now get a "Your phone is encrypted" lockscreen at boot. My passcode works, but my data partition had supposedly always been encrypted - and only after the restore have I gotten the lockscreen at boot. Any ideas what caused this?

Nope probably some problem with datas...
The Following User Says Thank You to adithyan25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adithyan25 Ad-Free
19th April 2017, 04:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adithyan25

Nope probably some problem with datas...

Figured it out. After deleting the locksettings and recreating a passcode, I unintentionally chose the 'Require passcode to boot' option
10th July 2017, 09:52 AM |#14  
Flag Valenzeula City
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks a lot its working on my j500H. After I install the custom rom there is a problem on my data connection so i decided to flash it back to its current system. then the password didnt recognize it thanks to this
3rd September 2017, 10:39 AM |#15  
Flag UI Depok
Thanks Meter: 107

More
work like a charm on nougat...you save me from wiping my data
thanks a lot for share
9th September 2017, 08:25 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

Hope this helped you..Hot Thanks if this was helpful

Are you kidding??? You're a life saver!

Thanks a million!!!

/dcc adithyan25 a beer!!!

./kroogar
24th September 2017, 04:09 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello
I have done this and it worked but now when I try to set a new pin or password, nothing happens. I click on "PIN" and it just takes me back to the previous screen
26th September 2017, 03:27 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:

Recently when i restored my data using TWRP i faced a problem at lock screen.
I was not able to unlock my phone with the pin i set Earlier..So after so many attempts i was able to find a solution for that problem.(works with pattern,pin etc)

Requirements
-----------------

1. A phone That cant be unlocked witha your Pin/Pattern
2.Any custom recovery installed(TWRP i will say)..Get TWRP from https://twrp.me/Devices/

Steps
-------

1.Once You installed twrp boot into recovery mode.
2.Go to advanced>filemanager to acces the files in your phone.

3.Ggo to the /data/system folder. Scroll down and find the two files with the .key extension. Delete both of them (by tapping on the file and then tapping the �Delete� button). Then, delete all the files containing the word locksettings.
  • password.key
  • pattern.key
  • locksettings.db
  • locksettings.db-shm
  • locksettings.db-wal

Once you�ve deleted all the key and locksettings files, reboot your system. If it asks you to install SuperSU, choose �Do Not Install�.

Once Android starts, your lock screen should appear, with no PIN or password prompt. Unlock your phone (yay!) and head to Android�s Settings. Scroll down and go to Security > Screen Lock. From there, you can choose a new PIN or password to lock your phone.

I seriously applaud you for finding this and sharing it with the community. I have run into this before and had a difficult time finding an answer to this issue. In the past I was forced to do a wipe and start over. Obviously that's extremely tedious and inconvenient. I found some things online similar to your guide, but they didn't work for me. Your solution worked perfectly! I can't thank you enough!

The ONLY difference on my phone from what you posted is the password.key and patter.key files had a prefix "gatekeeper". In other words:
gatekeeper.password.key
gatekeeper.pattern.key
The Following User Says Thank You to m0d hipp¥ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0d hipp¥ Ad-Free
4th October 2017, 03:37 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Recently when i restored my data using TWRP i faced a problem at lock screen.
I was not able to unlock my phone with the pin i set Earlier..So after so many attempts i was able to find a solution for that problem.(works with pattern,pin etc)

Requirements
-----------------

1. A phone That cant be unlocked witha your Pin/Pattern
2.Any custom recovery installed(TWRP i will say)..Get TWRP from https://twrp.me/Devices/

Steps
-------

1.Once You installed twrp boot into recovery mode.
2.Go to advanced>filemanager to acces the files in your phone.

3.Ggo to the /data/system folder. Scroll down and find the two files with the .key extension. Delete both of them (by tapping on the file and then tapping the �Delete� button). Then, delete all the files containing the word locksettings.
  • password.key
  • pattern.key
  • locksettings.db
  • locksettings.db-shm
  • locksettings.db-wal

Once you�ve deleted all the key and locksettings files, reboot your system. If it asks you to install SuperSU, choose �Do Not Install�.

Once Android starts, your lock screen should appear, with no PIN or password prompt. Unlock your phone (yay!) and head to Android�s Settings. Scroll down and go to Security > Screen Lock. From there, you can choose a new PIN or password to lock your phone.

this guy is a legend
can i paytm on your number i just got my whole shitty data back as it was
The Following User Says Thank You to weasing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weasing Ad-Free
3rd November 2017, 08:04 PM |#20  
Flag kairouan
Thanks Meter: 122

More
thank you very much , working with RR 7.1.2
19th November 2017, 05:34 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks dude....I installed lastpass and after that I was unable to unlock my MIPad even with correct pattern......

Applied your solution and it removed security of my tab....

Thanks again....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bypass activation, lockscreen, pattern lock bypass, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)