Before you get started, make sure you backup everything. I'm not responsible for any damages in your device.
Tip: You can use root without Kingouser but your device will be in high risk as any apps can grant permissions without your permission. I'd strongly recommended you to follow these steps for SuperSU replacement, or keep Kingouser
What you need?
- CPU-Z app
- X-plore file manager app or other root explorer apps
- SuperSU flashable zip
- SuperSU app from playstore
Let's get started
Step by step:
There is an easy way to switch to SuperSU but the change is low. Please go to page 2 or 3 for more infomation.
1. Delete/Uninstall Kingouser, but keep Kingoroot. DON'T reboot your device
3. Install SuperSU apk from flashable zip v2.79
4. Launch it, press "continue" and "normal" wait until the update is successful.
5. Reboot and uninstall Kingoroot
Thanks MarshisnotMellow for this trick
If automatic switching fails, do manual switching
1. This is very IMPORTANT: Check your Kernel Architecture of your device using CPU-Z app. I bricked my device by placing wrong binaries for armv6 on a armv7 device by a mistake
In my example, my Kernel Architecture is armv7 so i'm gonna extract armv7 folder later
2. Download Recovery Flashable.zip of SuperSU: http://www.supersu.com/download
In the zip, there are 9 folders. I will list the folder below
META-INF = Signature and script for custom recovery
common = required files for SuperSU/rooting. init scripts are not needed
arm = arm11 / armv6. Devices like HTC Wildfire, Wildfire S, Galaxy Y etc
arm64 = armv8 / armv8l / arm 64-bit. Sony Xperia M5 etc.
armv7 = armv7l. For all popular devices, you know, Samsung S3 mini, HTC, Sony, LG, etc
mips = Unknown. Don't know which device is using mips
mips64 = Unknown. Don't know which device is using mips64
x64 = Unknown. Don't know which device is using x64
x86 = Any Intel CPU. Asus Zenfone, Bluestacks, Android emulator etc.
3. Open X-plore, open confuguraion and enable root access as Superuser + mount writable
4. Extract <Your architecture> and common folder in your device
5. Navigate to extracted folder on left pane and navigate to /system on right pane
6. Now we gonna replace and delete some files in the ROM very carefully! Do the following:
Tip: Press and hold on the file and select permission to change the permission
Skip step 6.1 if you already have SuperSU app installed
6.1. Install SuperSU as system app
Android 4.4.x and below: Copy: /common/Superuser.apk => /system/app
Android 4.4.x and below: Change permission to 644 (-rw-rw-r--)
Android 5.0.x and above: Create a folder named "Superuser" or whatever
Android 5.0.x and above: Change permission to 755 (drwxrwxr-x)
Android 5.0.x and above: Copy: /common/Superuser.apk => /system/app/Superuser
Android 5.0.x and above: Change permission to 644 (-rw-rw-r--)
6.2. Replace: /common/install-recovery.sh => /system/etc
6.3. Delete: /system/etc/install_recovery.sh
6.4. Replace: /<Your architecture>/libsupol.so => /system/lib
6.5. Rename "su" to "daemonsu"
6.6. Replace: /<Your architecture>/daemonsu => /system/xbin
6.7. Replace: /<Your architecture>/supolicy => /system/xbin
6.8. Delete: /system/app/kingouser.apk and uninstall it from Settings -> App (if it was installed as user app)
After you replace any files, make sure the new file still has the same permissions as the old file. X-plore does this automatically, that's why X-plore is the best file manager. Root Browser doesn't, and you will lost root or get bootloop after reboot. But, you can re-root with KingoRoot and do it again.
There is no need to replace "su" binaries since they are write protected, but SuperSU can replace them once you update it in STEP 8
7. That's all. Reboot your device
8. SuperSU will appear on app drawer. Open it and it will ask you to update the binary. Press "continue" and "normal". The update should be successful.
9. Reboot your device one more time
Now you have a working SuperSU
Most ARMv7 devices are tested and working. If you have a device with ARM64/v8 or x86, i need you to tell me the system files that Kingoroot have modified so i can find out which files to replace. PM me for more info