FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Replace KingoRoot with SuperSU manually without Terminal (2019)

1,466 posts
Thanks Meter: 654

By evildog1, Senior Member on 15th March 2017, 12:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2017, 04:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Won't this work instead?
Install SuperSU (I used SuperSU Pro) from the play store and grant it superuser access. When prompted, install updated su binary with the normal mode. Once installed successfully, uninstall Kingoroot and Superuser app. Reboot.

That's what I did on an android 6.0 headunit I have and seems to work. But maybe there is a benefit of avoiding kingoroot completely?

16th March 2017, 05:03 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1,215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenosis

My Kernel Architecture is armv8I. Which one should I select in zip file because there is no armv8I?

arm64
16th March 2017, 07:41 PM |#13  
Flag *RESTRICTED AREA*
Thanks Meter: 1,965

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildog1

This thread is for Kingoroot with o, not Kingroot
Btw, replacing Kingroot with SuperSU failed. I have tried it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/can...asily-t3426965
here's a guide but needs terminal in order to work.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarick

Won't this work instead?
Install SuperSU (I used SuperSU Pro) from the play store and grant it superuser access. When prompted, install updated su binary with the normal mode. Once installed successfully, uninstall Kingoroot and Superuser app. Reboot.

That's what I did on an android 6.0 headunit I have and seems to work. But maybe there is a benefit of avoiding kingoroot completely?

seems like a great alt. procedure to me,this should go to OP,if anyone else confirms this?
16th March 2017, 09:54 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Won't this work instead?

This did not work for me on 4.1.2-5.1.1. SuperSU always say Install failed no matter how many times i tried. That's why i made this guide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evildog1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evildog1 Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 10:13 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildog1

This did not work for me on 4.1.2-5.1.1. SuperSU always say Install failed no matter how many times i tried. That's why i made this guide.

Strange. Worked for me. Guess I'm lucky.
17th March 2017, 03:11 AM |#16  
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 680

More
Quote:

Strange. Worked for me. Guess I'm lucky.

Didn't​ work for thousands of us! Maybe you updated SuperSU binaries via custom recovery?

Big thanks @evildog1 for this guide!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmCentro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PalmCentro Ad-Free
17th March 2017, 04:08 AM |#17  
Flag Yangon, Myanmar
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Phone needs to be rooted in order to replace, right?
17th March 2017, 04:37 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Thanks for the detailed post. I once ran across this problem and this will definitely help me with other devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to oreo27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oreo27 Ad-Free
17th March 2017, 10:14 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenosis

Phone needs to be rooted in order to replace, right?

Yes
17th March 2017, 10:39 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmCentro

Didn't​ work for thousands of us! Maybe you updated SuperSU binaries via custom recovery?

Big thanks @evildog1 for this guide!!!

I wish, but I'm using an android mtcd px5 head unit and no one has a custom recovery for it..
I was really just suggesting as an option to try as it worked for me and less complicated.. But guess it's only this device that allowed it..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aarick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aarick Ad-Free
17th March 2017, 04:51 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I wish, but I'm using an android mtcd px5 head unit and no one has a custom recovery for it..
I was really just suggesting as an option to try as it worked for me and less complicated.. But guess it's only this device that allowed it..

I have added your method in my thread so anyone can try it to see if it works or not
The Following User Says Thank You to evildog1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evildog1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)