FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did this guide worked for you?

Yayy..! Thanks, I am rooted.😁

54 Vote(s)
64.29%
Naahh..! You are useless.😒

30 Vote(s)
35.71%

[ROOT] [MAGISK] (Without Recovery) Root your device with MAGISK Without Recovery

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By Aquib132, Junior Member on 18th April 2018, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2018, 03:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
A7 2017 (Android 8)
So i have an a7 2017 with android oreo or know as 8.0.0. So i want to flash the patched boot image with odin. How do i do that? Like i understand you need oem unlocked but where do you flash it specifically in odin?
The Following User Says Thank You to SlewedThread444 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SlewedThread444 Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 08:16 AM |#12  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
Use ADB and the push command.. Be careful what you type.. This thing is a bitch to get the first time.. I wish you good luck

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Remember one other thing.. Sammy can not use Fastboot.. It's not that it's bad.. But it just won't in most cases.. Try CROM first to unlock the bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to emod0705 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emod0705 Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 11:41 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks, very helpful!
2nd June 2018, 08:50 PM |#14  

More
Well i tried to root my phone before with cf auto root and with twrp and it said device verification has failed or something. Will it happen for this device?
4th June 2018, 04:30 AM |#15  

More
How do i copy the stock boot image onto my internal storage?
12th July 2018, 02:20 PM |#16  

More
I'm having a question: does the new patched_boot.img file also contain my personal data? If not, then what's the best way to make a backup so that when I restore it my phone to be just like I didn't do anything to it(it should have all my apps, files,contacts, accounts etc untouched), but to be rooted? I have a Elephone a4 and I can't set up a custom recovery, that's why I want to follow this tutorial...
12th July 2018, 02:40 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcarioca

I'm having a question: does the new patched_boot.img file also contain my personal data? If not, then what's the best way to make a backup so that when I restore it my phone to be just like I didn't do anything to it(it should have all my apps, files,contacts, accounts etc untouched), but to be rooted? I have a Elephone a4 and I can't set up a custom recovery, that's why I want to follow this tutorial...

Go to smart switch and create a backup.
27th July 2018, 03:30 AM |#18  

More
Easy peezy
Works as advertised. One thing i would add to the guide is copying the patch boot img to where the command prompt window is opened. If i was using my noodle, it would be an unspoken, but i forgot and had to reboot once more. This would've saved me about 30 seconds, but i won't complain. I am on the moto z2 force sprint may 1 update with an unlocked bootloader
4th August 2018, 04:34 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I think this thing would be risky to do.
5th August 2018, 08:18 PM |#20  
Flag Repalle
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emod0705

Try CROM first to unlock the bootloader

Sir what is CROM?
7th August 2018, 12:29 PM |#21  

More
trying to root using magisk HELP NEEDED !!
hi , newbie + noob here
i m trying to use magisk to root my phone i have few queries .

instructions on main thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445 doesnt help much to a noob like me it says

Via Magisk Manager:
This method does not need root, and also does not require a custom recovery.
However, you MUST have a stock boot image dump beforehand, and you also have to be able to flash the patched boot image, either through fastboot/download mode or ODIN what is stock boot image and how/where do i get it from
Install the latest Magisk Manager
If you're planning to flash the patched boot image through ODIN, go to Settings > Update Settings > Patched Boot Output Format, and select .img.tar. For normal users leave it as the default .img
Press Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select your stock boot image file
Magisk Manager will now patch your boot image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
Copy the patched boot image to your PC. If you can't find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB:
adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
Flash the patched boot image to your device and reboot. Here is the command if using fastboot:
fastboot flash boot /path/to/patched_boot.img

my queries
1) will rooting via magisk wipe my data on phone as i dont have any backup so if it does wipe it how do i take backup so after rooting i can restore it without problem (Phone - One plus 2)
2) what is stock boot image and how do i extract it
kindly reply it will help me alot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)