FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did this guide worked for you?

Yayy..! Thanks, I am rooted.😁

54 Vote(s)
64.29%
Naahh..! You are useless.πŸ˜’

30 Vote(s)
35.71%

[ROOT] [MAGISK] (Without Recovery) Root your device with MAGISK Without Recovery

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By Aquib132, Junior Member on 18th April 2018, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2018, 12:29 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
trying to root using magisk HELP NEEDED !!
hi , newbie + noob here
i m trying to use magisk to root my phone i have few queries .

instructions on main thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445 doesnt help much to a noob like me it says

Via Magisk Manager:
This method does not need root, and also does not require a custom recovery.
However, you MUST have a stock boot image dump beforehand, and you also have to be able to flash the patched boot image, either through fastboot/download mode or ODIN what is stock boot image and how/where do i get it from
Install the latest Magisk Manager
If you're planning to flash the patched boot image through ODIN, go to Settings > Update Settings > Patched Boot Output Format, and select .img.tar. For normal users leave it as the default .img
Press Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select your stock boot image file
Magisk Manager will now patch your boot image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
Copy the patched boot image to your PC. If you can't find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB:
adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
Flash the patched boot image to your device and reboot. Here is the command if using fastboot:
fastboot flash boot /path/to/patched_boot.img

my queries
1) will rooting via magisk wipe my data on phone as i dont have any backup so if it does wipe it how do i take backup so after rooting i can restore it without problem (Phone - One plus 2)
2) what is stock boot image and how do i extract it
kindly reply it will help me alot
6th September 2018, 11:29 PM |#22  

More
having trouble to patch the boot.img

downloaded stock firmware. 8.0 for sm-a250f. extract boot.img. load on phone. run magisk.

after selecting install -> patch -> i get an error...

-Copying image to cache
-Device platform: arm64-v8a
-Existing zip found
-Extracting files
! Installation failed

any ideas?
7th September 2018, 12:07 AM |#23  

More
Am I missing something here?
I'm new to rooting tablets but I've flashed my Samsung Galaxy tab sm-t365 with magicks via magicks manager on the tablet and firmware from samobile site. Flashed the patched boot.img.tar file which Magicks made vai Odin without bootloader unlocking and it roots fine with no errors.

Just having a securtyNet issue atm both tests failing was hoping to use Remote play for my PS4 but just loads up blank was thinking its down to the failed SecurityNet.
8th September 2018, 01:25 PM |#24  

More
What shouls I do if my phone is bricked?
14th September 2018, 02:48 AM |#25  
Flag Grand Forks
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidel

What shouls I do if my phone is bricked?

That depends on what phone you have and if it is a semi brick or not, can you get into recovery? what is the phone doing ? what model etc is it? Generally speaking when you mess up a phone if you still have access to it then re flashing the stock rom usually corrects the situation but thats not the case for all phones, did you mess up something? if so what phone and what did you do step by step so the people here can help with advice.
14th September 2018, 07:43 PM |#26  

More
hllo every one I have many problems with my divec lg stylo 3 Module lgl83bl I can't rooting and sim unlock. can you help my pleas
17th September 2018, 09:14 AM |#27  
Flag ufa
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i remember when i tried to make cwm recovery using mtk droid tools: it also patches stock boot. img..... so, device does not boot after it) will it be the same after this manual? btw could anybody help to compile custom recovery, please πŸ˜‡πŸ™the problem is in "secured boot image" i guess
25th September 2018, 08:01 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
does it work with asus max plus? as i couldnt find any root and recovery available for this device???
8th October 2018, 01:40 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Where can I find the Stock Boot.img file ? I am completely new to this and am trying to root my phone which doesn't have support for TWRP,CWM.etc.
15th October 2018, 08:10 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I'm having trouble to get my boot.img (miwang m2s, msm8909, android 7.1.2).
No any support from the phone seller, how can I obtain boot.img from my phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to tennyleaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tennyleaz Ad-Free
22nd October 2018, 05:47 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
[QUOTE=Aquib132;76272929]Hello Everyone,
This is my first tutorial here.
So, any mistakes should be reminded in the thread.

==================================================
Guide for rooting with MAGISK

I rooted my techno l8 plus lollipop with magisk installed now but I'm facing problem of ,every time I installed xposed framework from magisk manager I ended up bootloop .i did that like three times. Root without using xposed is useless to me. Does that means xposed framework downloaded from magisk is having some faults, or what?

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Aquib132;76272929]Hello Everyone,
This is my first tutorial here.
So, any mistakes should be reminded in the thread.

Guide for rooting with MAGISK

I rooted my techno l8 plus lollipop with magisk installed now but I'm facing problem of ,every time I installed xposed framework from magisk manager I ended up with bootloop .i did that like three times. Root without using xposed is useless to me. Does that means xposed framework downloaded from magisk is having some faults, or what?
The Following User Says Thank You to Deeni131 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deeni131 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)