Originally Posted by tiberian41
Can confirm this method doesn't work on a Blackview BV6100 (2019 model), neither does OEM unlock via settings. However OEM unlock works via adb fastboot.
Found this on 4pda.ru, but haven't figured it out yet.
Because magiskboot incorrectly unpacks a kernel of this type (it can’t, probably
) and cannot replace skip_initramfs (skip) with want_initramfs.
1) Install the magic manager on the device.
2) Patch the boot.img image (from the stock firmware)
3) Unpack the patched image, open the kernel in the HEX editor.
4) Look for the value "736B69705F696E697472616D6673" and replace it with "77616E745F696E697472616D6673"
5) Save the change and pack the image.
6) We flash the image into the body in the BOOT section. We are happy with the root.
Would appreciate some advice/help on this.