FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xiaomi QIN 1s Hacking Thread

1,384 posts
Thanks Meter: 353

By Qiangong2, Senior Member on 26th February 2019, 07:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Xiaomi QIN 1S Hacking Mega-Thread!

I decided to go ahead and buy a Xiaomi QIN 1s feature phone. Unlike other feature phones, it runs a version of Android. Since there doesn't seem to be any threads here on XDA, I thought I'd start one.

SPECS

I finally found a guide/tool over on 4pda that will let you install apks. I have translated the tool to English and have it attached. The original post of the tool is here

If you don't want to download the tool (which also helps with ADB) here are the steps to obtain root:

-- Install the driver on your PC
-- Dial: *#*#83781#*#* To Open the Engineering Menu
-- Find the section "Debug & Log" and enable "Allow Debug"
-- Open the Settings app
-- Find "about phone"
-- Click "Build number" multiple times until you see "You are now a Developer!"
-- Go to "Developer options" and then turn on USB Debugging
-- Connect your phone to your computer (MTP)
-- Using ADB, push the apk to the device
-- ???
-- Profit

You can use this method to install any applications, not just root the phone. Remember, however, we only have 256mb of RAM and a total of 512mb of storage. Definitely not for gaming and you will definitely want an SD Card. I can confirm QQ and WeChat work fine when installed.

Let's get this rooted!

Big shoutout to Frolkin who helped me get the original tool and gaguga for making the tool!

26th February 2019, 09:09 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
4th March 2019, 07:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
NICE! Thank you so much for posting that code. I have been searching for this code but couldn't find anything until yesterday.

So far I've sideloaded spotify lite and it doesn't work that well. Get stuck on the playlist view and can't scroll further down beyond the top banner.
Google Maps Go doesn't work without chrome and I can't install chrome because there isn't enough space.

Since mocor5 is on kitkat 4.4.4, would the hack to allow system to write to SD Card work to enable additional space for app installation?
4th March 2019, 10:55 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foureight84

NICE! Thank you so much for posting that code. I have been searching for this code but couldn't find anything until yesterday.

So far I've sideloaded spotify lite and it doesn't work that well. Get stuck on the playlist view and can't scroll further down beyond the top banner.
Google Maps Go doesn't work without chrome and I can't install chrome because there isn't enough space.

Since mocor5 is on kitkat 4.4.4, would the hack to allow system to write to SD Card work to enable additional space for app installation?

It should. I don't see why not. It might be worth it to just root the Qin and install apks directly to the sd card. The spotify issue is most likely because the app doesn't support the dpad.
5th March 2019, 04:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiangong2

It should. I don't see why not. It might be worth it to just root the Qin and install apks directly to the sd card. The spotify issue is most likely because the app doesn't support the dpad.

Yep the spotify issue is 100% because of that. The mouse pointer works but on certain views like the playlist, the scroll doesn't register. I wish the next version would add a a touch feature. Even if it's the same screen size, I think that would be a perfect device.

I have been looking for a replacement and get away from bulky and constantly connected smartphones without losing some of the nicer features like streaming music and using maps when I get lost. The hotspot feature makes this phone much more compelling to use too.
5th March 2019, 10:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ROOT/ ROM download
Quote:

Xiaomi QIN 1S Hacking Mega-Thread!

I decided to go ahead and buy a Xiaomi QIN 1s feature phone. Unlike other feature phones, it runs a version of Android. Since there doesn't seem to be any threads here on XDA, I thought I'd start one.

SPECS

After seeing vague rumors of it being possible to root the QIN 1s, I finally found a guide/tool over on 4pda. I have translated the tool to English and have it attached. The original post of the tool is here

If you don't want to download the tool (which also helps with ADB) here are the steps to obtain root:

-- Install the driver on your PC
-- Dial: *#*#83781#*#* To Open the Engineering Menu
-- Find the section "Debug & Log" and enable "Allow Debug"
-- Open the Settings app
-- Find "about phone"
-- Click "Build number" multiple times until you see "You are now a Developer!"
-- Go to "Developer options" and then turn on USB Debugging
-- Connect your phone to your computer (MTP)
-- Using ADB, push either iroot or kingroot apk to your device
-- ???
-- Profit

You can use this method to install any applications, not just root the phone. Remember, however, we only have 256mb of RAM and a total of 512mb of storage. Definitely not for gaming and you will definitely want an SD Card. I can confirm QQ and WeChat work fine when installed.

Let's see how far we can crack this phone open!

Big shoutout to Frolkin who helped me get the original tool and gaguga for making the tool!

Hi This app doesn't work to root that Xiaomi and do you know how to download ROM without ROOT?
5th March 2019, 11:20 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danio40

Hi This app doesn't work to root that Xiaomi and do you know how to download ROM without ROOT?

I don't know how to download an unrooted rom, sorry. Also, I put in the post that you need to load either Kingroot or iroot. However, I have uploaded iroot to the post. please check.

EDIT: hmm... I guess you're right. My new 1s comes in about two weeks, and then I'll be able to test it more extensively. It's possible that it may give you temp root after running it and you can manually install supersu from there
5th March 2019, 11:21 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foureight84

Yep the spotify issue is 100% because of that. The mouse pointer works but on certain views like the playlist, the scroll doesn't register. I wish the next version would add a a touch feature. Even if it's the same screen size, I think that would be a perfect device.

I have been looking for a replacement and get away from bulky and constantly connected smartphones without losing some of the nicer features like streaming music and using maps when I get lost. The hotspot feature makes this phone much more compelling to use too.

Yeah! that's what interested me in it. I don't necessarily need a touch screen, but a 5mp camera on the back would be nice for the few times I do take photos.
6th March 2019, 12:15 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I don't know how to download an unrooted rom, sorry. Also, I put in the post that you need to load either Kingroot or iroot. However, I have uploaded iroot to the post. please check.

EDIT: hmm... I guess you're right. My new 1s comes in about two weeks, and then I'll be able to test it more extensively. It's possible that it may give you temp root after running it and you can manually install supersu from there

I'm trying both Iroot and kingroot nothing still unrooted.
Also I tried to use a box miracle SPD to download but no luck it stuck on loading FDL and freeze.
6th March 2019, 01:13 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Also I tried to use a box miracle SPD to download but no luck it stuck on loading FDL and freeze.

I've updated the thread with the fact that we have not gotten root yet. I left the tool there because it can help people install apks.

Time to find a root method
6th March 2019, 01:14 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Have you tried using a PC-based root solution such as shuame pc or kingo pc?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hacking, qin 1s, root, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)