Xiaomi QIN 1s Hacking Thread

Search This thread

danio40

May 23, 2011
It shows as Fastboot gadget but no driver installed. Also as USB it says unknown USB device ) So it looks I need driver for this as well. Have you got any? I installed spreadtrum drivers already but there not that one?

Now i haven't got installed drivers for SPRD ports see imahe

danio40

May 23, 2011

uan

Nov 7, 2006
interesting thread. i am not dev myself, but looking forward on this topic. maybe we can replace the AI with google assistant go.

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
It doesn't go in to recovery. Nothing in device manager while in fastboot mode

Okay, I'll see on my end in a week and a half when my QIN arrives.

interesting thread. i am not dev myself, but looking forward on this topic. maybe we can replace the AI with google assistant go.

What we really need is to remap the button. Since you can install Alexa and Cortana as just regular apks, theyzd probably be a good start to see if voice assistants other than the built-in one work.

puk puk

Jun 1, 2016
Need help with installing drivers

:confused: Hey, im new to the whole rooting thing, can anyone please post links for all the drivers necessary for Qin 1s?
btw i just saw that they're coming out with a new version called Qin 1s+ which improves the RAM and has Wechat.

gaguga

Nov 1, 2014
Hello
Try this keyboard
{Mod edit}
How to enable: from the main menu we launch and immediately get to the input method settings dialog. Remove the check mark from the stock and put it on the QinPad.
Switch layout - grid, register - asterisk. There is no separate layout for digital input. Add. characters enter by enumerating zero and one.

Attachments

• qinpad-0.1.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,566
Last edited by a moderator:

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hello
Try this keyboard
{Mod edit}
How to enable: from the main menu we launch and immediately get to the input method settings dialog. Remove the check mark from the stock and put it on the QinPad.
Switch layout - grid, register - asterisk. There is no separate layout for digital input. Add. characters enter by enumerating zero and one.

Can this change the ai launch button to launch something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
I figured out today that if you enter adb shell in recovery, you can actually run binaries. However, only in the /productinfo folder.

Also, nothing will run unless it gives root write access, not even read or execute is required. For some reason, the stock adb shell only checks to see if write is enabled.

For instance, if you use chmod 377 on a file, it will run, but chmod 477 will not

puk puk

Jun 1, 2016
NEW qin 1s +

42828678309.html

I just brought the new QIN 1S+ on JD, i am able to enter fastboot mode, however i am unable to unlock bootloader, and have been able to use the debloater to remove system apps.
I need help with;
1. Root
2. Installing apk's
I used the tool and have received the following error
27f147c81b5ef2524a993204c37c06ec-full.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

ikoko

Sep 28, 2007
Sofia
Hello all,
The installation method should be the same, code *#*#83781#*#* check "Debug", then switch on "USB Debuging" in Settings-About Phone.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I think unlocking the Boot Loader can become official through their site.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xiaomi QIN 1S Hacking Mega-Thread!

jugVqtI.png

I decided to go ahead and buy a Xiaomi QIN 1s feature phone. Unlike other feature phones, it runs a version of Android. Since there doesn't seem to be any threads here on XDA, I thought I'd start one.

SPECS
    k4hW73j.png

I finally found a guide/tool over on 4pda that will let you install apks. I have translated the tool to English and have it attached. The original post of the tool is here

If you don't want to download the tool (which also helps with ADB) here are the steps to obtain root:

-- Install the driver on your PC
    -- Dial: *#*#83781#*#* To Open the Engineering Menu
    -- Find the section "Debug & Log" and enable "Allow Debug"
    -- Open the Settings app
    -- Find "about phone"
    -- Click "Build number" multiple times until you see "You are now a Developer!"
    -- Go to "Developer options" and then turn on USB Debugging
    -- Connect your phone to your computer (MTP)
    -- Using ADB, push the apk to the device
    -- ???
    -- Profit

You can use this method to install any applications, not just root the phone. Remember, however, we only have 256mb of RAM and a total of 512mb of storage. Definitely not for gaming and you will definitely want an SD Card. I can confirm QQ and WeChat work fine when installed.

Let's get this rooted!

Big shoutout to Frolkin who helped me get the original tool and gaguga for making the tool!
    Qinpad with Greek characters

Just in case anyone needs it, I have used the source code from github to build an apk based on the 0.3 version for the application that supports Greek characters / Greek layout as well. Here is the file in the attachment. Also as a disclaimer, I do not consider myself a developer. I have no idea how to add this code back to github. Please contact me if you think you want the code to upload it or use it otherwise.

Cheers!
    Hello
    Try this keyboard
    {Mod edit}
    (bootloader) Platform ID: 0x360008
    (bootloader) Device tampered: false
    (bootloader) Device unlocked: true
    (bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
    (bootloader) Display panel:
    OKAY [ 0.020s]
    finished. total time: 0.020s
    =================================================

This result on my phone.
    I have done it for a long time, I do not remember the sequence exactly. It can be done with the "MiFlashUnlock" program. Look for information on 4pda.ru, the page also has English.
    Here is root method,allow apps installation and more for Qin 1S+ model:

https://www.myworldbooks.cn/archives/680

Good luck.