FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooting a new Android set top box: LGE SH960S-AT (Airtel Internet Tv Set top box)

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By avisekjena, Junior Member on 7th August 2018, 09:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2019, 06:06 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please list down the steps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg17

i used adblink and removed all the airtel app with adb shell command and the box works as android box now.

No Subscription check no airtel launcher, just google launcher and apps as soon as it boots

I also have the same Internet Settop box from Airtel. Can you please make a list of steps to achieve that...it would be very useful for many people...

19th February 2019, 06:57 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Rooting a new Android set top box
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisAdit

I also have the same Internet Settop box from Airtel. Can you please make a list of steps to achieve that...it would be very useful for many people...

Use ADBLink

Connect your box on this tool and open console and use the below command to list all the installed apps.

:/ $ pm list packages | grep 'bbk'

just remove all the airtel apps using this command " $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 'App Name' " replace the App Name with actual app name.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayg17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jayg17 Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 09:35 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Could anyone confirm if this works and doesn't leave the box bricked? Can we have a plain android tv working after removing airtel apps?
25th February 2019, 03:16 AM |#24  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Can confirm that the box works as a normal Android TV box. But I've lost the ability to use the home button and the power button.
25th February 2019, 05:14 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Jamaal

Can confirm that the box works as a normal Android TV box. But I've lost the ability to use the home button and the power button.

May be you can try using another remote like a airmouse keyboard
25th February 2019, 02:53 PM |#26  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauravpreet

May be you can try using another remote like a airmouse keyboard

I tried using the Android TV remote app from the play store, but no luck. I think one of the Airtel apps is linked to it somehow. On resetting the device, the buttons start working but the Airtel apps also make a come back.
9th March 2019, 05:46 PM |#27  

More
I cant see device in connected devices in adb link. Am i doing something wrong?
10th March 2019, 07:01 AM |#28  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

I cant see device in connected devices in adb link. Am i doing something wrong?

Check if the IP address you enter is correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to Muhammad Jamaal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Muhammad Jamaal Ad-Free
10th March 2019, 10:55 AM |#29  

More
Ok it shows connected in adb devices but the command to list package is not working

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Im sorry i have never used adblink before
10th March 2019, 04:49 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Jamaal

Check if the IP address you enter is correct.

Could you tell me all the steps ?
10th March 2019, 06:26 PM |#31  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

Could you tell me all the steps ?

Connect your device using adb.
(You can use adblink to do that)
Once connected open 'adbshell' or use the 'uninstall apk' option to remove all the Airtel apps

If you use the adbshell, use command: pm list packages to list the apps installed.
and pm uninstall -k --user 0 'App Name' Replace AppName with actual App Name to remove the Airtel apps.

If you remove any apps that are critical, or want to revert back to the stock Airtel apps, just factory reset the device. This will bring back the Airtel Launcher and other apps.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)