[SCRIPT] [2020-06-22] Universal Android Debloater

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By w1nst0n_fr, Junior Member on 19th March 2020, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2020, 10:55 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi ! This script looks really interesting.. Does it work only on smartphones or also on tablets ?
Thanks!
1st June 2020, 04:07 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

I really wanted to test it (Xiaomi Mi9T), I followed all the steps so far. But as soon as I type "bash debloat_script.sh", I get "error: no devices/emulators found".
If I enter "adb devices" via the cmd, I get the device. If I do this via the Linux shell the list of devices is empty.

The tutorial is written very short, for not so experienced people it is not enough. I am an experienced user, I already had a Linux subsystem on my computer, but your tutorial fails me.
1st June 2020, 06:04 PM |#23  
Flag Small town in Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1,413

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacedSyd

Hi ! This script looks really interesting.. Does it work only on smartphones or also on tablets ?
Thanks!

I don't think there is a significant difference between adroid-tablet and -phone.
9th June 2020, 11:09 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks for the script. things are good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Samtolvar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Samtolvar Ad-Free
15th June 2020, 08:31 PM |#25  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi all,

New version (v2.3) is out ! There is a lot of changes. Changelog is on gitlab !

Quote:
Originally Posted by netcrk

I did "install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) in order to be able to use bash scripts and Install ADB. If you want ADB support everywhere on your PC, you need to add the path of the ADB folder in the system variables"
When i use bash app: bash debloat_script.sh and get error "debloat_script.sh: line 112: adb: command not found"
Plz help me, tnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanbiZ

Hello,

I really wanted to test it (Xiaomi Mi9T), I followed all the steps so far. But as soon as I type "bash debloat_script.sh", I get "error: no devices/emulators found".
If I enter "adb devices" via the cmd, I get the device. If I do this via the Linux shell the list of devices is empty.

The tutorial is written very short, for not so experienced people it is not enough. I am an experienced user, I already had a Linux subsystem on my computer, but your tutorial fails me.

To be honest, I'd never tried on a Windows machine !

I've just tested today and it's a real mess. I updated the the How to use section of the README. I hope you can make it work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradiation

- hi guys, i would like to share this exported txt file from 'debloater' which i installed as a magisk module to debloat a samsung phone, in essence debloater works in the same way as the script in the main thread ( thanks @w1nst0n_fr ) other than it can be used locally in termux.
- it took me a while to get the phone to a stable state with multiple tries but i eventually managed to do it.
- I've managed to debloat most of samsung/google junk out including but not limited to google apps, i hope this will help

Honestly, for a rooted Samsung phone, it's a lot easier to use the Extreme Safe Aroma based debloater by @orelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacedSyd

Thanks!

As stated in the title. It's an universal script. You can use it on any android device. Don't forget to upload the remaining_packages.txt so that I can better support new devices (especially tablets).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w1nst0n_fr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift w1nst0n_fr Ad-Free
15th June 2020, 08:50 PM |#26  
Flag safi
Thanks Meter: 2

More
when this script remove an app , does it also delete it's data ?
15th June 2020, 09:05 PM |#27  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopypalm

when this script remove an app , does it also delete it's data ?

Yes.

If for whatever reason you want to keep the data, you can add the -k option to the pm uninstall command. In the v2.3 of the script you just need to add this parameter at the line 139 :

Code:
(( RESTORE )) && action="cmd package install-existing \$package" || action="pm uninstall -k $OPTION_NEEDED \$package"
15th June 2020, 09:20 PM |#28  
Flag safi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1nst0n_fr

Yes.

If for whatever reason you want to keep the data, you can add the -k option to the pm uninstall command. In the v2.3 of the script you just need to add this parameter at the line 139 :

Code:
(( RESTORE )) && action="cmd package install-existing \$package" || action="pm uninstall -k $OPTION_NEEDED \$package"

who wants that ^.....^ !
i want to remove them from the roots !
thx for your work man
16th June 2020, 06:43 AM |#29  
Flag safi

More
i can't find the download link (there is only the source code)
16th June 2020, 07:01 AM |#30  
Flag Small town in Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1,413

More
Quote:

The "source code" is all you need. It contains the script you run in command line.
16th June 2020, 04:36 PM |#31  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

As explained by @kurtn, it's only a bash script. There is no compiled code. It's just a succession of commands that can be interpreted by a Unix Shell.

You need to download the source code and run debloat_script.sh from a Unix shell. Everything is explained in the How to use section.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, debloat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)