FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is there any way to update wpa_supplicant conf in Android 9

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Mikmak21, Junior Member on 11th August 2019, 09:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,
My first post here, I am not sure I am posting in the correct section.
I need to update the wpa_supplicant conf of my Andorid 9 phone (an Asus Zenfore Max Pro M1) in order to allow it to connect to a MFP (managed frame protected) network.
I managed to configure my home linux machines to do so but with my Android phone it is a disaster.
From what I know the device needs to be rooted...for this I am just proceding with the proper steps but...I am not sure that the wpa_supplicant.conf to be modified is the one settled in the /etc directory as I ve read that on Android the conf file for the wpa_supplicant service may be different.
Is there any way to understand which configuration files a binary executable is bound with?
What I am trying to do is to set the pmf option in the correct wpa_supplicant.conf file in orded to let the device connect to a MFP network.
Any help will be so much appreciated.
Thanks!

11th August 2019, 09:38 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Well...it is nice to discover that Android 9 is not using wpa_supplicant any more and that it will be a nightmare to crosscompile it and configure it as a daemon
This is my last android shxt phone.
12th August 2019, 12:44 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
A quick search reveals that WifiConfigStore.xml should be the file you want. requirePMF might help, from source for WifiConfiguration.java. I can't find any more documentation than that (opening source files kills my phone browser) but that should be a good start.
12th August 2019, 11:18 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks Efreak2004 but have tried that way as well.
Have modified the WifiConfigStore.xml by setting to true the requirePMF option but it did nothing.
My suspect is that the java wrapping useless stuff is not doing anything more than trying to "steer/drive" the native processes preposed to do the job. It has always be this way since the invention of java which was wrapping lib C in any aspect.
I am almost convinced that without the wap_supplicant binary/daemon there is no way to let the java fancy wifi manager do the job by its own.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)