[CLOSED] [Discontinued] [Windows] APK Easy Tool v1.60 (2022-06-23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

evildog1

May 2, 2012
Image 1.png

Apk Easy Tool is a lightweight GUI application that enables you to manage, sign, compile and decompile the APK files for the apps you are working on.

APK Easy Tool is absolute free for commercial and non-commercial use.

Please note: This tool is not meant for newbies, but meant for faster tasks for those who are lazy to use CMD

DISCONTINUED:
After 6 years, it has to be sadly announced that the project has been discontinued due to the changes my personal life, and lost the movitation to continue this project. I don't have the opportunity to get back to working on this anymore

Due to what happens with Android (Split APK/Android App Bundle, APK protections, Play Protect, system restrictions...) I decided to finish my Android journey right here. It was a nice experience, but not anymore.

The source code and assets are provided under download links. The project is based on C#, use Visual Studio 2019 or above to use it. Please feel free to continue developing with it, wish you good luck

Bitbucket server has been deleted, that means update check no longer work, but I still own the domain so no one can cake it over for malicious purposes

If you are looking for alternatives, here are the links below:

APK Toolkit (New): https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-apk-toolkit-v1-2-windows.4572881/
APKEditor: (Can marge split APK) https://github.com/REAndroid/APKEditor
APKToolGUI: https://github.com/INF1NUM/APKToolGUI
APKToolGUI (New): https://github.com/AndnixSH/APKToolGUI
ApktoolFX: https://github.com/oscar0812/ApktoolFX
Apk Studio: https://github.com/vaibhavpandeyvpz/apkstudio
APKLab: https://github.com/APKLab/APKLab
Tickle My Android: https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-tickle-my-android-decompile-recompile-with-ease.1633333/
INZ APKTool 2.4.0 (Beta): https://xdaforums.com/t/inz-apktool-2-4-0-beta.4446939/
INZ APKTool: https://xdaforums.com/t/inz-apktool-2-0-windows-gui-apk-tool.4000167/
APK Tools: https://github.com/kermage/APK-Tools
APK Multi Tool: https://xdaforums.com/t/windows-utility-tool-apk-multi-tool.1310151/
APK Editor Studio: https://github.com/kefir500/apk-editor-studio

Thank you for your kind understanding and the support

Requirements:
- Windows 7 or above
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 or above
- Java 8 or JDK 8, doesn't matter which one

Features:
Decompile/Compile
Decomile and compile APK, DEX and JAR files, with spaces and symbols support. Characters like japanese, chinese.. are not supported. Can cancel during operation

Sign/Zipalign
Signing and ZipAligning of APK/JAR files. Can cancel during operation

Extract/Zip APK
Extract and zip APK with 7z Compression-level 0-9. Can cancel during operation

APK Infomation
Show APK infomation with icon using aapt dump badging and link to Play Store

Framework
Install your framework and manage framework paths

Log output
View your logs to find errors.

Options
Change options of tool, decompile, compile, sign and zipalign. Options: Java heap, Apktool version, apksigner version, directories, java path, Windows explorer integration, remeber window position and more
All options and textboxes are saved as config.xml and will load on launch
Quick options on main.

Drag and drop
Drop APK, DEX, JAR files and Decompiled folder on buttons to perform actions. Drop outside buttons to select/open as file/folder

Apktool.jar version selection
Can switch to other versions of apktool.jar on options
Add other apktool.jar in "Apktool" folder

Shortcuts
4 buttons to open work directories of decompiled APK, compiled APK, extracted APK and zipped APK
Jumplist shortcuts

Windows explorer integration
Do actions by just right-clicking on APK file and choose the following options, decomile or compile APK, DEX, and JAR files, Zipalign APK, Check align, Sign APK and Install APK

Download links:
MSI Installer is no longer released due to an unknown error with Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Projects, it always breaks randomly, so I gave up with it. Please use portable version, it's easy to extract and you can easly see the content before you extract

This tool may be flagged as virus by your anti-virus. It just typical anti-virus that doesn't like modding tools, don't believe in anti-virus
Softpedia labs has tested this tool multipletimes and still reported this tool 100% clean. See here: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/Apk-Easy-Tool.shtml

Virustotal 1/69.

Getting started:
For the first time you launch the tool, it will automatically set apktool.jar and work directories for you. You can change it in Options

Selecting/opening APK or decompiled folder will be used as your main project work. So if you doing actions, it will be placed in your work directories that was been set.

Spaces are supported but accent characters are barely supported, you may need to rename it before opening APK. APK filename that contains chinese, japanese etc will still not work.

Drag and drop are supported. The files would be placed on the same directory where the apk came from

You do not need to use Framework unless you know what you are doing, it is for ROM developers and System App modder only

It works the same way as the command line version, just a bit faster

I don't cover how to modify APK in general, that just beyond the scope

Credits:
Evildog1 (Creator of this tool)
ibotpeaches (Creator of apktool.jar)
Google, Android NDK (adb, aapt, apksigner and zipalign)
bootstraponline (signapk)
Igor Pavlov (7zip)
JesusFreke (Smali/Baksmali)
dwmkerr (SharpShell https://github.com/dwmkerr/sharpshell)

Disclaimer:
Same as apktool, APK Easy Tool is neither intended for piracy, game hacking and other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms, analyzing applications and much more. Just try to be fair with authors of an app, that you use and probably like.

Last edited:

evildog1

May 2, 2012
If you just joined XDA just to come here, Please follow XDA rules first

This thread is NOT the right place to discuss about general modding like editing smali and xml files, editing png, decrypting stuff, app crashes, bypass security etc. None of these are in scope. I'm NOT here to help with it.

General modding question goes to
Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
Framework and system modding related should be posted at the correct section of your device model, post on Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting if the site does not have a specific model

Please keep this thread on-topic, and anything about apktool related only. I can't help with anything else unless it's really caused by APK Easy Tool or apktool. I won't be able to answer every inquiries stuff that may be already explained here!

FAQ:
Q: Can you support .aab (Android app bundle)/Split APK format?
A: No, it's more complicated than you thought and I don't have time for that, not really a fan of app bundle. Just use any APK sites such as APK Combo to download standalone APK. There is no harm working with standalone APK.

If you need to merge split APK/app bundle, please look for alternative tools, like APKEditor https://github.com/REAndroid/APKEditor or Split APKs Packer https://www.andnixsh.com/2020/06/sap-split-apks-packer-by-kirlif-windows.html

Q: I'm getting an error "brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec (exit code = -1073741701)"
This is a problem with Java 32-bit.
32-bit is old and support will be stopped on apktool 2.6.0. Please consider to switch to Windows 64-bit system, and use Java 64-bit or JDK 64-bit. Java and JDK doesn't matter

Q: How can I use other apktool.jar version?
A: Download apktool.jar here: https://bitbucket.org/iBotPeaches/apktool/downloads/
Place apktool.jar inside \APK Easy Tool\Apktool. Restart the tool if running
Go to Options and switch apktool version

Do not forget to clear the framework after switching version!

Q: I'm getting an error "'Java' is not found as an internal or external command"
A: Reinstall Java or JDK

Q: I'm getting an error "Error: An unexpected error while trying to open file (...)"
A: Symbols and special characters, chinese, japanese, arabic, etc are not supported. It is a known issue of the Windows system. Please remove any of these characters from the filename or the path, make sure it only contains latin alphabets

Q: I'm getting an error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"
A: Go to Options tab and increase Java heap size

If your system is Windows 64-bit, it is recommended to uninstall Java 32-bit version (and all other Java versions if you don't use) and install Java 64-bit or JDK 64-bit. Java and JDK doesn't matter

Q: I'm getting an error "Error occurred during initialization of VM. Could not reserve enough space for (...)KB object heap"
A: Go to Options tab and reduce Java heap size. Recommended size: 1024m

If your system is Windows 64-bit, it is recommended to uninstall Java 32-bit version (and all other Java versions if you don't use) and install Java 64-bit or install JDK 64-bit. Java and JDK doesn't matter

Q: Window is not opening but still appear in taskbar
A: The window is out of screen, edit the config.xml and change

Code:
<CheckBoxWinPos>true</CheckBoxWinPos>

to

Code:
<CheckBoxWinPos>false</CheckBoxWinPos>

Q: Drag and drop does not work
Do not run it as administrator. Windows never allow drag and drop if an application running as administraor for security reason

Q: How to update or delete AETShellExt.dll?
A: If you are using shell extension for APK Easy Tool and you want to update, you must unregister and uninstall it first

Open APK Easy Tool. Go to options -> General and click Uninstall to uninstall Context menu integration. It will ask you for admin rights
Windows 8/10: Open Task Manager and restart all explorer.exe processes
Windows 7: Open Task Manager, end task all explorer.exe processes and run new task explorer.exe

Then you can replace or delete AETShellExt.dll and don't forget SharpShell.dll ServerRegistrationManager.exe too

Q: Is drag and drop supported?
A: Yes it supports drag and drop APK/ZIP file Simply drop a file on buttons to do something.
Examples:
- Drop an APK file on "Decompile APK" button to decompile APK in the same directory
- Drop an APK file outside (drop file on white background) to select APK to work on.

Q: How can I reset APK Easy Tool?
A: Go to Options -> General. Scroll down and click Reset to default. You can also manually delete config.xml beside its exe

Q: Is APK Easy Tool collecting any data?
A: No, we respect your privacy very seriously. This tool can only connect to my read-only repo server that only checks for updates, and downloading update, nothing more.

Q: Alternatives?
A: I do like other nice alternatives, I don't competing against them. Try out Tickle My Android, a command line tool that are also easy to use. And if you are fan of IDE, try out APK Studio or APKLab. There are a lot more of tools than that. But don't expect that using other tools will solve any Apktool issues :p

Troubleshooting:
It's not unusual that it can't decompile or compile. Please try the troubleshooting below to see if it solves the problem:
Keep in mind that there's a big difference between identifying issues related specifically to the "APK Easy Tool Software" and the "Apktool Java Utility (by iBotPeaches).
More info https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-windows-apk-easy-tool-v1-58-3-dec-2020.3333960/page-25#post-79520098. Thanks @Ibuprophen for explaining
  • Make sure the filename does not contain any symbol or special characters like chinese, japanese, arabic etc since apktool.jar is command line based tool, it does not support it
  • Use latest version of apktool.jar (See FAQ for more info)
  • If you are using latest version of apktool.jar, try use older version of apktool.jar. Sometimes it can mitigate the issue (See FAQ for more info)
  • Go to Framework tab and clear the framework, and decompile the APK again. It can solve most of resource errors
  • Decompile APK with "Only disassemble the main dex classes (classes[0-9]*.dex) in the root" checked. Prevents disasemble dex from assets folder) (apktool 2.4.1 and up only)
  • Decompile APK with "Don't decode resources.arsc" checked if you are only editing Java (smali) (It will prevent the decompile of resources. This keeps the resources.arsc intact without any decode.)
  • Decompile APK with "Don't decode classes.dex" checked if you are only editing the resources (xml) (--no-src will prevent the disassembly of the dex file(s). This keeps the apk dex file(s) and simply moves it during build.)
  • Compile with "Use the aapt2 binary instead of aapt" checked (Use the aapt2 binary instead of appt)
  • Sometimes Java 8 64-bit works better than Java 8 32-bit. If your system is Windows 64-Bit, please uninstall Java 32-bit version (and all other Java versions you don't use) and install Java 64-bit version (Windows Offline (64-bit)) or install JDK 64-bit if you are developing Java. Java and JDK does not matter for apktool.jar
  • Sometimes your antivirus may prevent it from working correctly. Disable it temporary
If nothing solves your problem, please check list of Apktool.jar errors

Search for the issues on Apktool Github repo too.

Reporting an issue:
Have any problem with APK Easy Tool? Please fill out the details before posting
- Describe the bug, clear and concise description of what the bug is.
- Full logs
- Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Screenshots or videos. If applicable, add them to help explain your problem.
- Version of your operating system (e.g Windows 10)

Please note, an issue with apktool is not an issue with APK Easy Tool. Please verify the context of issue before reporting an issue.

Changelogs:
v1.60. It is the final version:
- Added Force manifest for decompiling
- Removed unused checkbox "v4 no merkle tree" because it wasn't available for apksigner.jar
- Upgraded to .NET Framework 4.8
- Print Java version
- Bring back click on launch activity to open file explorer
- Disabled update check
- Cleaned up the codes
- Updated Apktool to 2.6.1
- Updated adb to 33.0.2
- Updated aapt, zipalign, apksigner to 32.0.0
- Updated some languages
- Removed dialog of sign password.Password will always remember
- Other improvements

Last edited:

evildog1

May 2, 2012
aren't you suppose not to sign system apps? is it possible with this tool?

Ya, I wondered about this too? Looking at the GUI, it appears there is no Option to Re-Compile without Signing. Any help/advice?

I didn't think about it, because i was thinking that the APK can't install without signing so i added sign apk. i have never tried to sign system apps because i don't develop system apps but i will fix it asap

Reactions: Dr.NHTT

Aimbot91

Aug 7, 2012
Valjevo
I am getting this error in log file:
Decompiling...

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
But l have Java installed on my pc :confused:
Edit: l forget to add Java PATH nevermind.
Can you add clone apk function in this tool?

Last edited:

kikinda

Apr 6, 2013
kikinda
here is the log

Tue 03/15/2016 20:48:06.78
Decompiling...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tue 03/15/2016 20:49:15.09
Re-compiling...

ERROR: input directory '7z' does not exist
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_2001132480781272080.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5019627172930567125.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\johny\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:472)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:410)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:298)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:268)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:225)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:84)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_2001132480781272080.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5019627172930567125.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\johny\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:425)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:458)
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_2001132480781272080.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5019627172930567125.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\johny\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:419)
... 6 more

Signing...

evildog1

May 2, 2012
I am getting this error in log file:
Decompiling...

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
But l have Java installed on my pc :confused:
Edit: l forget to add Java PATH nevermind.
Can you add clone apk function in this tool?

oh ok, and can you give me more details about cloning an apk?

Thanks!

kikinda

Apr 6, 2013
kikinda
its the same

Thu 03/17/2016 14:39:29.58
Re-compiling...

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_6490422566377319687.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL6973702748119735301.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\JOHNY\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_6490422566377319687.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL6973702748119735301.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\JOHNY\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_6490422566377319687.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL6973702748119735301.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\JOHNY\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\New folder (4)\APK Easy Tool\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
... 6 more

Signing...

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,179

kikinda

Apr 6, 2013
kikinda
i tested it again and its work with jbak.apk,decompiled,recompiled and signed, that ok. but not work with qqbrowser,only work when decompiling but cant recompile. can you test it? here is the log and the files.
PHP:
Tue 03/22/2016 20:23:07.88 
Decompiling... 

Tue 03/22/2016 20:24:23.53 
Re-compiling... 

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_8255447116955995116.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5471454235674540777.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\JOHNY\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\JOHNY\Desktop\andro\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\JOHNY\Desktop\andro\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_8255447116955995116.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5471454235674540777.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\JOHNY\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\JOHNY\Desktop\andro\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\JOHNY\Desktop\andro\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
	... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_8255447116955995116.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 16, --version-code, 652170, --version-name, 6.5.0.2170, -F, C:\Users\JOHNY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL5471454235674540777.tmp, -0, conf, -0, ini, -0, , -0, 7z, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\JOHNY\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\JOHNY\Desktop\andro\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\JOHNY\Desktop\andro\Decompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
	... 6 more

Signing... 

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\JOHNY\Desktop\andro\Recompiled APKs\qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk (The system cannot find the file specified)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.android.signapk.SignApk.main(SignApk.java:437)

-----------------------------------

Attachments

• jbak.apk
    570.7 KB · Views: 773
  • qqbrowser_6.5.0.2170_20820.apk
    19.6 MB · Views: 794

evildog1

May 2, 2012
i tested it again and its work with jbak.apk,decompiled,recompiled and signed, that ok. but not work with qqbrowser,only work when decompiling but cant recompile. can you test it? here is the log and the files.

I have tested it on any apk tools and all of them failed to re-compile. It seems the APK is preventing from recompiling. I will contact the owner of apktool.jar to see if he can help

Reactions: kikinda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Image 1.png

Apk Easy Tool is a lightweight GUI application that enables you to manage, sign, compile and decompile the APK files for the apps you are working on.

APK Easy Tool is absolute free for commercial and non-commercial use.

Please note: This tool is not meant for newbies, but meant for faster tasks for those who are lazy to use CMD

DISCONTINUED:
    After 6 years, it has to be sadly announced that the project has been discontinued due to the changes my personal life, and lost the movitation to continue this project. I don't have the opportunity to get back to working on this anymore

Due to what happens with Android (Split APK/Android App Bundle, APK protections, Play Protect, system restrictions...) I decided to finish my Android journey right here. It was a nice experience, but not anymore.

The source code and assets are provided under download links. The project is based on C#, use Visual Studio 2019 or above to use it. Please feel free to continue developing with it, wish you good luck

Bitbucket server has been deleted, that means update check no longer work, but I still own the domain so no one can cake it over for malicious purposes

APK Toolkit (New): https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-apk-toolkit-v1-2-windows.4572881/
    APKEditor: (Can marge split APK) https://github.com/REAndroid/APKEditor
    Tickle My Android: https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-tickle-my-android-decompile-recompile-with-ease.1633333/
    INZ APKTool 2.4.0 (Beta): https://xdaforums.com/t/inz-apktool-2-4-0-beta.4446939/
    INZ APKTool: https://xdaforums.com/t/inz-apktool-2-0-windows-gui-apk-tool.4000167/
    APK Multi Tool: https://xdaforums.com/t/windows-utility-tool-apk-multi-tool.1310151/

Requirements:
    - Windows 7 or above
    - .NET Framework 4.7.2 or above
    - Java 8 or JDK 8, doesn't matter which one

Features:
    Decompile/Compile
    Decomile and compile APK, DEX and JAR files, with spaces and symbols support. Characters like japanese, chinese.. are not supported. Can cancel during operation

Sign/Zipalign
    Signing and ZipAligning of APK/JAR files. Can cancel during operation

Extract/Zip APK
    Extract and zip APK with 7z Compression-level 0-9. Can cancel during operation

APK Infomation
    Show APK infomation with icon using aapt dump badging and link to Play Store

Framework
    Install your framework and manage framework paths

Log output
    View your logs to find errors.

Options
    Change options of tool, decompile, compile, sign and zipalign. Options: Java heap, Apktool version, apksigner version, directories, java path, Windows explorer integration, remeber window position and more
    All options and textboxes are saved as config.xml and will load on launch
    Quick options on main.

Drag and drop
    Drop APK, DEX, JAR files and Decompiled folder on buttons to perform actions. Drop outside buttons to select/open as file/folder

Apktool.jar version selection
    Can switch to other versions of apktool.jar on options
    Add other apktool.jar in "Apktool" folder

Shortcuts
    4 buttons to open work directories of decompiled APK, compiled APK, extracted APK and zipped APK
    Jumplist shortcuts

Windows explorer integration
    Do actions by just right-clicking on APK file and choose the following options, decomile or compile APK, DEX, and JAR files, Zipalign APK, Check align, Sign APK and Install APK

Download links:
    MSI Installer is no longer released due to an unknown error with Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Projects, it always breaks randomly, so I gave up with it. Please use portable version, it's easy to extract and you can easly see the content before you extract

This tool may be flagged as virus by your anti-virus. It just typical anti-virus that doesn't like modding tools, don't believe in anti-virus
    Softpedia labs has tested this tool multipletimes and still reported this tool 100% clean. See here: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/Apk-Easy-Tool.shtml

Virustotal 1/69.

Getting started:
    For the first time you launch the tool, it will automatically set apktool.jar and work directories for you. You can change it in Options

Selecting/opening APK or decompiled folder will be used as your main project work. So if you doing actions, it will be placed in your work directories that was been set.

Spaces are supported but accent characters are barely supported, you may need to rename it before opening APK. APK filename that contains chinese, japanese etc will still not work.

Drag and drop are supported. The files would be placed on the same directory where the apk came from

You do not need to use Framework unless you know what you are doing, it is for ROM developers and System App modder only

It works the same way as the command line version, just a bit faster

I don't cover how to modify APK in general, that just beyond the scope

Credits:
    Evildog1 (Creator of this tool)
    ibotpeaches (Creator of apktool.jar)
    Google, Android NDK (adb, aapt, apksigner and zipalign)
    bootstraponline (signapk)
    Igor Pavlov (7zip)
    JesusFreke (Smali/Baksmali)
    dwmkerr (SharpShell https://github.com/dwmkerr/sharpshell)

Disclaimer:
    Same as apktool, APK Easy Tool is neither intended for piracy, game hacking and other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms, analyzing applications and much more. Just try to be fair with authors of an app, that you use and probably like.
    If you just joined XDA just to come here, Please follow XDA rules first

This thread is NOT the right place to discuss about general modding like editing smali and xml files, editing png, decrypting stuff, app crashes, bypass security etc. None of these are in scope. I'm NOT here to help with it.

General modding question goes to
    Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
    Framework and system modding related should be posted at the correct section of your device model, post on Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting if the site does not have a specific model

Please keep this thread on-topic, and anything about apktool related only. I can't help with anything else unless it's really caused by APK Easy Tool or apktool. I won't be able to answer every inquiries stuff that may be already explained here!

FAQ:
    Q: Can you support .aab (Android app bundle)/Split APK format?
    A: No, it's more complicated than you thought and I don't have time for that, not really a fan of app bundle. Just use any APK sites such as APK Combo to download standalone APK. There is no harm working with standalone APK.

If you need to merge split APK/app bundle, please look for alternative tools, like APKEditor https://github.com/REAndroid/APKEditor or Split APKs Packer https://www.andnixsh.com/2020/06/sap-split-apks-packer-by-kirlif-windows.html

Q: I'm getting an error "brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec (exit code = -1073741701)"
    This is a problem with Java 32-bit.
    32-bit is old and support will be stopped on apktool 2.6.0. Please consider to switch to Windows 64-bit system, and use Java 64-bit or JDK 64-bit. Java and JDK doesn't matter

Q: How can I use other apktool.jar version?
    A: Download apktool.jar here: https://bitbucket.org/iBotPeaches/apktool/downloads/
    Place apktool.jar inside \APK Easy Tool\Apktool. Restart the tool if running
    Go to Options and switch apktool version

Do not forget to clear the framework after switching version!

Q: I'm getting an error "'Java' is not found as an internal or external command"
    A: Reinstall Java or JDK

Q: I'm getting an error "Error: An unexpected error while trying to open file (...)"
    A: Symbols and special characters, chinese, japanese, arabic, etc are not supported. It is a known issue of the Windows system. Please remove any of these characters from the filename or the path, make sure it only contains latin alphabets

Q: I'm getting an error "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"
    A: Go to Options tab and increase Java heap size

If your system is Windows 64-bit, it is recommended to uninstall Java 32-bit version (and all other Java versions if you don't use) and install Java 64-bit or JDK 64-bit. Java and JDK doesn't matter

Q: I'm getting an error "Error occurred during initialization of VM. Could not reserve enough space for (...)KB object heap"
    A: Go to Options tab and reduce Java heap size. Recommended size: 1024m

If your system is Windows 64-bit, it is recommended to uninstall Java 32-bit version (and all other Java versions if you don't use) and install Java 64-bit or install JDK 64-bit. Java and JDK doesn't matter

Q: Window is not opening but still appear in taskbar
    A: The window is out of screen, edit the config.xml and change

Code:
    <CheckBoxWinPos>true</CheckBoxWinPos>

to

Code:
    <CheckBoxWinPos>false</CheckBoxWinPos>

Q: Drag and drop does not work
    Do not run it as administrator. Windows never allow drag and drop if an application running as administraor for security reason

Q: How to update or delete AETShellExt.dll?
    A: If you are using shell extension for APK Easy Tool and you want to update, you must unregister and uninstall it first

Open APK Easy Tool. Go to options -> General and click Uninstall to uninstall Context menu integration. It will ask you for admin rights
    Windows 8/10: Open Task Manager and restart all explorer.exe processes
    Windows 7: Open Task Manager, end task all explorer.exe processes and run new task explorer.exe

Then you can replace or delete AETShellExt.dll and don't forget SharpShell.dll ServerRegistrationManager.exe too

Q: Is drag and drop supported?
    A: Yes it supports drag and drop APK/ZIP file Simply drop a file on buttons to do something.
    Examples:
    - Drop an APK file on "Decompile APK" button to decompile APK in the same directory
    - Drop an APK file outside (drop file on white background) to select APK to work on.

Q: How can I reset APK Easy Tool?
    A: Go to Options -> General. Scroll down and click Reset to default. You can also manually delete config.xml beside its exe

Q: Is APK Easy Tool collecting any data?
    A: No, we respect your privacy very seriously. This tool can only connect to my read-only repo server that only checks for updates, and downloading update, nothing more.

Q: Alternatives?
    A: I do like other nice alternatives, I don't competing against them. Try out Tickle My Android, a command line tool that are also easy to use. And if you are fan of IDE, try out APK Studio or APKLab. There are a lot more of tools than that. But don't expect that using other tools will solve any Apktool issues :p

Troubleshooting:
    It's not unusual that it can't decompile or compile. Please try the troubleshooting below to see if it solves the problem:
    Keep in mind that there's a big difference between identifying issues related specifically to the "APK Easy Tool Software" and the "Apktool Java Utility (by iBotPeaches).
    More info https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-windows-apk-easy-tool-v1-58-3-dec-2020.3333960/page-25#post-79520098. Thanks @Ibuprophen for explaining
    • Make sure the filename does not contain any symbol or special characters like chinese, japanese, arabic etc since apktool.jar is command line based tool, it does not support it
    • Use latest version of apktool.jar (See FAQ for more info)
    • If you are using latest version of apktool.jar, try use older version of apktool.jar. Sometimes it can mitigate the issue (See FAQ for more info)
    • Go to Framework tab and clear the framework, and decompile the APK again. It can solve most of resource errors
    • Decompile APK with "Only disassemble the main dex classes (classes[0-9]*.dex) in the root" checked. Prevents disasemble dex from assets folder) (apktool 2.4.1 and up only)
    • Decompile APK with "Don't decode resources.arsc" checked if you are only editing Java (smali) (It will prevent the decompile of resources. This keeps the resources.arsc intact without any decode.)
    • Decompile APK with "Don't decode classes.dex" checked if you are only editing the resources (xml) (--no-src will prevent the disassembly of the dex file(s). This keeps the apk dex file(s) and simply moves it during build.)
    • Compile with "Use the aapt2 binary instead of aapt" checked (Use the aapt2 binary instead of appt)
    • Sometimes Java 8 64-bit works better than Java 8 32-bit. If your system is Windows 64-Bit, please uninstall Java 32-bit version (and all other Java versions you don't use) and install Java 64-bit version (Windows Offline (64-bit)) or install JDK 64-bit if you are developing Java. Java and JDK does not matter for apktool.jar
    • Sometimes your antivirus may prevent it from working correctly. Disable it temporary
    If nothing solves your problem, please check list of Apktool.jar errors

Search for the issues on Apktool Github repo too.

Reporting an issue:
    Have any problem with APK Easy Tool? Please fill out the details before posting
    - Describe the bug, clear and concise description of what the bug is.
    - Full logs
    - Steps to reproduce the behavior
    - Screenshots or videos. If applicable, add them to help explain your problem.
    - Version of your operating system (e.g Windows 10)

Please note, an issue with apktool is not an issue with APK Easy Tool. Please verify the context of issue before reporting an issue.

Changelogs:
    v1.60. It is the final version:
    - Removed unused checkbox "v4 no merkle tree" because it wasn't available for apksigner.jar
    - Print Java version
    - Disabled update check
    - Cleaned up the codes
    - Updated adb to 33.0.2
    - Updated some languages
    - Other improvements
    v1.60 has been released. It is a final version:
    - Print Java version
    - Disabled update check
    - Cleaned up the codes
    - Updated adb to 33.0.2
    - Updated some languages
    - Other improvements

Bitbucket server will be shut down at the end of 2022 (Jan 1 2023 00:00), users who use older version will no longer recieve update notification. Bitbucket became horrible service anyways, so there is no point keeping it up anymore

Good news to everyone. Next week I have enough time to work with it and this time, I will not make and leave any new bugs behind unlike what Microsoft did with Win10. Sorry for being Microsoft (just kidding) xD. I will make sure no bugs exists and I will read all previous posts looking for issues and suggestion. And I will switch back to apktool 2.3.4 jar for stability if 2.4.1 is not released yet

Sorry for the long no updates. Was busy and had issues in my life. I kept planning to work with it but didn't. hope i can this time :)
    APK Easy Tool v1.59.1 (2021-03-25)
    - Fixed config.xml not saving
    - Re-write CMD execution code from scratch. Now it will work for all system, and it support real time logging
    - Log output cleanup
    - Removed code page, it is no longer needed
    - Language updated

Installer is no longer released due to an unknown error with Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Projects. It is always buggy, so I gave up. Please use portable version, it's easy to extract and you can easly see the content before you extract