FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Lanchon REPIT: The Data-Sparing Repartitioning Tool For Android

2,687 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,453
 
By Lanchon, Senior Member on 13th April 2016, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th September 2016, 09:47 PM |#101  
Lanchon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,453
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivasol

Hello,

Need help!
How and where can I find that /tmp-file on my phone?
S2 i9100

Best regards,
rivasol

it's a directory.
in /tmp???
seriously, if you can't locate a directory maybe you shouldn't repartition a device.
28th September 2016, 09:42 AM |#102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanchon

it's a directory.
in /tmp???
seriously, if you can't locate a directory maybe you shouldn't repartition a device.

Oh, I,m sorry. Of course it is a directory not a file. I fear, my mind slowly rusting up. Thank you for that information.

But nevertheless, I searched with "DiscInfo" and "ES File Explorer" and the only temp-directories I found in sdcard0 are in ".estrongs" and "com.estrongs.android". And with phils-recovery, I found no access to these directories.

rivasol
28th September 2016, 03:22 PM |#103  
darrendude1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 302
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivasol

Oh, I,m sorry. Of course it is a directory not a file. I fear, my mind slowly rusting up. Thank you for that information.

But nevertheless, I searched with "DiscInfo" and "ES File Explorer" and the only temp-directories I found in sdcard0 are in ".estrongs" and "com.estrongs.android". And with phils-recovery, I found no access to these directories.

rivasol

Use twrp

Sent from my S III I9300 using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darrendude1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darrendude1 Ad-Free
28th September 2016, 05:08 PM |#104  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrendude1

Use twrp

Sent from my S III I9300 using XDA Labs

Thank you! I've just installed "kernel-Lanchon-TRIM-IsoRec-20160206-cm-12.1-i9100.zip" and Lanchon-Repit-Script "lanchon-repit-20160927-system=2-data=5-sdcard=max+wipe-preload=min+wipe-i9100.zip" from ext. SDCard. This attempt ended with an error message, as per discription. But the program created a copy of the script in the tmp-directory and the installation from there worked.

Meanwhile, CM13 is installed and is a source of pleasure.


Thank you, the.ganster! Your script is really great

It is also suitable, with a little help, for fools, who mistake file and directory.

rivasol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rivasol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rivasol Ad-Free
28th September 2016, 09:38 PM |#105  
the.gangster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivasol

Thank you, the.ganster! Your script is really great

It is also suitable, with a little help, for fools, who mistake file and directory.

rivasol

You're welcome, if you thank me for reposting it here due to problems on AFH.

But for the script (repit) you have to direct your thanks to Lanchon.
It is 100% his work only. I only mirrored his file as I had received it for the German thread (and as he wrote he was not able to post it as he wasn't at home)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the.gangster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the.gangster Ad-Free
29th September 2016, 07:25 AM |#106  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.gangster

You're welcome, if you thank me for reposting it here due to problems on AFH.

But for the script (repit) you have to direct your thanks to Lanchon.
It is 100% his work only. I only mirrored his file as I had received it for the German thread (and as he wrote he was not able to post it as he wasn't at home)

Hallo the.gangster,
ok, bei Lanchon werde ich mich auch noch bedanken, das Script ist einfach genial. Aber dir gilt mein Dank trotzdem.
Wenn ich sehe, was du dir nur hier für Arbeit gemacht hast, das ist gewaltig. Mein Respekt und mein Dank dafür. Die Diskussionen hier haben mir viel geholfen.
Gruß, rivasol
30th September 2016, 02:19 AM |#107  
the.gangster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivasol

Hallo the.gangster,
ok, bei Lanchon werde ich mich auch noch bedanken, das Script ist einfach genial. Aber dir gilt mein Dank trotzdem.
Wenn ich sehe, was du dir nur hier für Arbeit gemacht hast, das ist gewaltig. Mein Respekt und mein Dank dafür. Die Diskussionen hier haben mir viel geholfen.
Gruß, rivasol

Thank you so much! Such a feedback is highly appreciated.
(But nevertheless, please also respect that this is an international forum that asks you to post in English)
The Following User Says Thank You to the.gangster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the.gangster Ad-Free
2nd October 2016, 04:21 PM |#108  
Lanchon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,453
 
Donate to Me
More
UPDATE: AFH hosting is back up and i've reuploaded the latest release.
hopefully now the downloads work. thanks @the.gangster!!!

linky...
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=119974
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lanchon Ad-Free
2nd October 2016, 04:32 PM |#109  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
So, i wanted to use this tool on someones s2, because he wanted more storage for installing apps again, but without loosing his data.
Now my problem is, that this s2 is still completely on stock, and
- i need twrp, at least v2.8.7.0, when i read the instructions right
- i can't install twpr without an isorec-compatible kernel (is this also true for the old twrp v2.8.7.0?)
- i can't find any isorec-compatible kernel that supports stock android 4.1.2

So is it correct that i would have to flash some newer custom rom first to use this tool, or can someone show me a way how i can get this tool working on stock 4.1.2?
4th October 2016, 09:35 AM |#110  
Lanchon's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,453
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirozan

So, i wanted to use this tool on someones s2, because he wanted more storage for installing apps again, but without loosing his data.
Now my problem is, that this s2 is still completely on stock, and
- i need twrp, at least v2.8.7.0, when i read the instructions right
- i can't install twpr without an isorec-compatible kernel (is this also true for the old twrp v2.8.7.0?)
- i can't find any isorec-compatible kernel that supports stock android 4.1.2

So is it correct that i would have to flash some newer custom rom first to use this tool, or can someone show me a way how i can get this tool working on stock 4.1.2?

why do you need a rom? just flash TWRP 3 isorec zip, then flash my newest kernel, reboot recovery, upgrade to latest TWRP img. who cares that you can't boot system? you are going to kill it anyway.

but yeah, you can flash CM too, why not? after all you will have to wipe /data if you are on stock. make sure you backup efs ASAP and when you finish, flash a recent radio too.
5th October 2016, 04:07 AM |#111  
the.gangster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirozan

- i can't find any isorec-compatible kernel that supports stock android 4.1.2
So is it correct that i would have to flash some newer custom rom first to use this tool, or can someone show me a way how i can get this tool working on stock 4.1.2?

If you or your friend want to stick to 4.1.2 the only kernel I am aware of would be this one.
It's a DorimanX-kernel for JB with IsoRec-Support.

And, for flashing TWRP-3.0.2-1 as a zip directly you could get the zip there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.gangster

After reading so many times meanwhile (here and in other threads) that people are searching for flashable ZIP version of TWRP-3.0.2-1, feel free to offer them the one I created some weeks ago.
The recovery is the original by arnab. I just wrapped it into flashable zip format.
recovery-the.gangster-IsoRec-TWRP-3.0.2-1-i9100.zip
(for the recovery to check the md5 you can also put this one next to the zip)

The Following User Says Thank You to the.gangster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the.gangster Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes