Post Reply Email Thread
24th May 2016, 12:05 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,451

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaScout

Well, here it is: df shows 4.9G for data, after Repit; and proc/* shows 5242880 blocks, which makes perfect sense (5242880/(1024*1024)=5).
4.9G != 5

/proc shows you the partition size, which is the 5GiB you configured. df shows you the size of file system within it.

the difference for the case of /data in your device is configured here:
https://github.com/Lanchon/REPIT/blo.../common.sh#L59
and is 16KiB as shown.

this fits android's encryption footer, where newer androids store encryption metadata on older phones. newer phones have a small encryption metadata partition. but to support upgrading older devices and adding encryption without touching the partition table, the footer mechanism was also implemented. if REPIT didn't do this for your particular device, an attempt to encrypt your phone after REPITing would fail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lanchon Ad-Free
8th July 2016, 03:26 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Question REPIT: Galaxy Nexus / TWRP 2.8.6.0
Thanks for this awesome tool, Lanchon. Read it has been very helpful on older devices.

I'm on Galaxy Nexus (GSM) and tried the default file in downloads (with TWRP 2.8.6.0) - lanchon-repit-20160415-system=1.0-cache=0.0605+wipe-data=same-maguro.zip

But it didn't proceed and couldn't find a log in /tmp folder either.

Any help would be appreciated!
8th July 2016, 08:23 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 1,371

More
@MayuraDeSilva
And don't you think at least a screenshot or a detailed explaination would help ???
9th July 2016, 01:38 AM |#44  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.gangster

@MayuraDeSilva
And don't you think at least a screenshot or a detailed explaination would help ???

Sorry, I don't have a screenshot though. However the error reads:

flashize-ext: unable to extract package contents

[ERROR 1]

E:Error executing updater binary in zip'/sdcard/lanchon-repit-20160415-system=1.0-cache=0.0605+wipe-data=same-maguro.zip'

Error flashing zip '/sdcard/lanchon-repit-20160415-system=1.0-cache=0.0605+wipe-data=same-maguro.zip'

Hope it helps.
11th July 2016, 11:19 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayuraDeSilva

[ERROR 1]

E:Error executing updater binary in zip'/sdcard/lanchon-repit-20160415-system=1.0-cache=0.0605+wipe-data=same-maguro.zip'

Error flashing zip '/sdcard/lanchon-repit-20160415-system=1.0-cache=0.0605+wipe-data=same-maguro.zip'

Hope it helps.

Hello,

I have the same issue, on the same device (Galaxy Nexus, maguro).

I followed the recommendations in case the script fails: run it from /tmp, reboot recover and try again - with no success.

According to the attached log , it is a problem of unmounting the partitions (ERROR 1).

FYI, in case this can help you, this is my current configuration:
  • /system in ext4 (default),
  • /cache in f2fs,
  • /data in f2fs.

Here is what I did:
  • 1st attempt: I ran the script with default options provided in the name (so default formats are ext4), with no success.
  • 2nd attempt: I then renamed the script to take into consideration the current formats of partitions (so by declaring +f2fs for /cache and /data), and by adding +wipe /cache (as I was resizing it) and +keep for /data (no resize), in order to respect f2fs supported features matrix. Failed again.

Is it a problem in the name of the script for my configuration?
Is it a problem of current formats of /cache and /data?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: log lanchon-repit.log - [Click for QR Code] (1,023 Bytes, 20 views)
11th July 2016, 12:48 PM |#46  

More
Quote:

[ERROR 1]

Hope it helps.

Try redownloading the ZIP. If it still fails, try to update to newer TWRP. If I remember right I read about that error once (on a Nexus device), where it failed with 2.8.7.0 but succeeded with 3.0.2-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erOzeOz

Hello,

I have the same issue, on the same device (Galaxy Nexus, maguro).

I followed the recommendations in case the script fails: run it from /tmp, reboot recover and try again - with no success.

According to the attached log , it is a problem of unmounting the partitions (ERROR 1).

FYI, in case this can help you, this is my current configuration:

• /system in ext4 (default),
  • /cache in f2fs,
  • /data in f2fs.

Here is what I did:
  • 1st attempt: I ran the script with default options provided in the name (so default formats are ext4), with no success.
  • 2nd attempt: I then renamed the script to take into consideration the current formats of partitions (so by declaring +f2fs for /cache and /data), and by adding +wipe /cache (as I was resizing it) and +keep for /data (no resize), in order to respect f2fs supported features matrix. Failed again.

Is it a problem in the name of the script for my configuration?
Is it a problem of current formats of /cache and /data?

Thanks in advance!

Same exit code, but completely different error.
Looks like script is simply failing to unmount sdcard. Please ensure that you don't mount it. Neither in the recovery itself nor by beeing plugged to a PC.
After failing upon first try, rerun it from /tmp and see the project's readme for details (as you probably did already). Also the phone must not be encrypted.
The Following User Says Thank You to the.gangster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the.gangster Ad-Free
12th July 2016, 01:18 PM |#47  

More
Quote:

Try redownloading the ZIP. If it still fails, try to update to newer TWRP. If I remember right I read about that error once (on a Nexus device), where it failed with 2.8.7.0 but succeeded with 3.0.2-0.

Thanks for the response. I did try redownloading but still the same error. Galaxy Nexus doesn't have an official TWRP build since 2.8.7.0. But will try with unofficial 3.0.0.0.

UPDATE #1: Updated TWRP but had same error code. Same error when it says to run from /tmp too. It was similar to erOzeOz's issue. However, rebooted, copied the zip file to /tmp directly and flashed it from there. Completed successfully.

UPDATE #2: But the partition sizes were reverted back to former values after installing CM13. Do I have to do anything else between partitioning and installing a custom ROM? Thanks.

UPDATE #3: Apparently, Resize File System option in TWRP did the trick (after installing CM13)
13th July 2016, 01:27 AM |#48  

More
Quote:

...partition sizes were reverted back to former values after installing CM13...
UPDATE #3: Apparently, Resize File System option in TWRP did the trick (after installing CM13)

That's exactly what you can do. Most ROMs are getting flashed image-based, so the partition is only filled with the filesystem sized to fit into the stock size.
You could ask the maintainer of your ROM to implement the resize into the updater script. As then the Resize could already take place directly after "extracting" the ROM and before the restore of backed-up stuff (addon.d scripts) is triggered. But that is not an issue of the Repit script. Happens the same way on partitions enlarged by e.g. ODIN with PIT files..

But good to hear it finally worked with TWRP 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to the.gangster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the.gangster Ad-Free
13th July 2016, 06:02 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Same exit code, but completely different error.
Looks like script is simply failing to unmount sdcard. Please ensure that you don't mount it. Neither in the recovery itself nor by beeing plugged to a PC.
After failing upon first try, rerun it from /tmp and see the project's readme for details (as you probably did already). Also the phone must not be encrypted.

Indeed, /data was mounted in TWRP. Thanks!
13th July 2016, 07:14 AM |#50  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

That's exactly what you can do. Most ROMs are getting flashed image-based, so the partition is only filled with the filesystem sized to fit into the stock size.
You could ask the maintainer of your ROM to implement the resize into the updater script. As then the Resize could already take place directly after "extracting" the ROM and before the restore of backed-up stuff (addon.d scripts) is triggered. But that is not an issue of the Repit script. Happens the same way on partitions enlarged by e.g. ODIN with PIT files..

But good to hear it finally worked with TWRP 3.

Indeed! Yeah, REPIT was successful, and it was after flashing the ROM. Thanks for the clarification regarding this issue and will notify the maintainer

UPDATE #1:

All of a sudden, getting another error when trying to use Resize File System for /system partition - after installing CM13. Any idea? Reflashed TWRP too.

/sbin/resize2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 process ended with ERROR: 1
Unable to resize System

UPDATE #2: Fixed by reflashing factory image and doing it all from the scratch. Still interested to know what is that error about though. Thanks.
13th July 2016, 10:21 PM |#51  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,451

Donate to Me
More
> flashize-ext: unable to extract package contents

this error means there is something wrong with your TWRP.

no REPIT log because REPIT didn't even get a chance to start. flashize, the REPIT packager, failed while extracting the package contents. you can enable logging in flashize itself; read the flashize docs.

however, long story short, there is something wrong with TWRP; you probably need a different one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lanchon Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)