Lanchon REPIT: The In-Device Data-Sparing Repartitioning Tool For Android
REPIT is a simple, safe, device-only, data-sparing, and easily portable repartitioning tool for Android devices:
- device-only: just flash a zip file in recovery to repartition the device.
- simple: rename the zip file before flashing to configure your choice of partition sizes, file systems, wipes, etc.
- a correctly ported REPIT can never hard-brick your device.
- before starting, REPIT checks for the existence of all the tools that will be needed for the task at hand, verifies that the current partition layout passes several sanity checks, checks and fixes all the involved file systems, and verifies that the new partition layout will meet its sanity checks too. REPIT performs a dry-run of the complete repartitioning process to detect possible problems early on.
- if REPIT fails, it will nonetheless try to restore your device to a working in-between state.
- my estimate is that around 1000 users have already repartitioned with REPIT with no incidents of data loss, boot loops or soft bricks (2016-04).
- easily portable: a simple configuration file is all that is needed to port REPIT to a new device.
Documentation (HELL YEAH, read this!) -> HERE
Downloads -> HERE
this is a user discussion thread. post here for general discussion and user support.
for official support create a Github issue, but only of you have read the docs.
new versions will not be announced here.
please 'watch' the Github project to receive notifications.
special thanks to the.gangster.
Lanchon REPIT, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/Lanchon/REPIT
Last Updated 2016-04-13
the instructions for reparttion using the utility is in the name of the zip file, damned easy and straightforward to use.
i made a pit file with the following name:
this translates to the following:
2.0 GB_system partition(ext4)
8.0 GB_data partition(ext4)
4.0 GB_sdCard partition(vfat)
0.5 GB_preload data partition (ext4).
i've been running cm13 latest nightly + open gApps full (aroma)
no problems and sgs2-gt-i9100 is still a capable performer.
thanks again to the OP..