By Lanchon, Senior Member on 13th April 2016, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2016, 05:05 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanchon

Lanchon REPIT: The In-Device Data-Sparing Repartitioning Tool For Android

REPIT is a simple, safe, device-only, data-sparing, and easily portable repartitioning tool for Android devices:

• device-only: just flash a zip file in recovery to repartition the device.
  • simple: rename the zip file before flashing to configure your choice of partition sizes, file systems, wipes, etc.
  • safe:
    • a correctly ported REPIT can never hard-brick your device.
    • before starting, REPIT checks for the existence of all the tools that will be needed for the task at hand, verifies that the current partition layout passes several sanity checks, checks and fixes all the involved file systems, and verifies that the new partition layout will meet its sanity checks too. REPIT performs a dry-run of the complete repartitioning process to detect possible problems early on.
    • if REPIT fails, it will nonetheless try to restore your device to a working in-between state.
    • my estimate is that around 1000 users have already repartitioned with REPIT with no incidents of data loss, boot loops or soft bricks (2016-04).
  • easily portable: a simple configuration file is all that is needed to port REPIT to a new device.

Documentation (HELL YEAH, read this!) -> HERE

Downloads -> HERE

this is a user discussion thread. post here for general discussion and user support.
for official support create a Github issue, but only of you have read the docs.

new versions will not be announced here.
please 'watch' the Github project to receive notifications.

special thanks to the.gangster.

XDA:DevDB Information
Lanchon REPIT, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Lanchon
Source Code: https://github.com/Lanchon/REPIT

Version Information

Created 2016-04-13
Last Updated 2016-04-13

damned good utility!!!
the instructions for reparttion using the utility is in the name of the zip file, damned easy and straightforward to use.
i made a pit file with the following name:
lanchon-repit-20160723-system=2.0-data=8.0+wipe-sdcard=max-preload=0.5+wipe
this translates to the following:
2.0 GB_system partition(ext4)
8.0 GB_data partition(ext4)
4.0 GB_sdCard partition(vfat)
0.5 GB_preload data partition (ext4).
i've been running cm13 latest nightly + open gApps full (aroma)
no problems and sgs2-gt-i9100 is still a capable performer.
thanks again to the OP..
The Following User Says Thank You to vakkah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vakkah Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 10:04 PM |#82  

More
additional repit file
for users who are interested, i've uploaded the repit file that i've used on my sgs2 gt-i9100
it creates the following:-
2.0 GB /system partition (ext4)
8.0 GB /data partition (ext4)
4.0 GB /sdcard partition (vfat)
0.5 GB /preload data partition (ext4)
i'm running cm13 latest nightly with openGapps full (aroma) with no performance issues.
just for good measure i've slipped in a 16Gb external sdcard in my phone to store movies, music, documents etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vakkah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vakkah Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 10:51 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vakkah

for users who are interested, i've uploaded the repit file that i've used on my sgs2 gt-i9100
it creates the following:-
2.0 GB /system partition (ext4)
8.0 GB /data partition (ext4)
4.0 GB /sdcard partition (vfat)
0.5 GB /preload data partition (ext4)
i'm running cm13 latest nightly with openGapps full (aroma) with no performance issues.
just for good measure i've slipped in a 16Gb external sdcard in my phone to store movies, music, documents etc.

Your awesome buddy...as I did not quite understand how to go about using zips....thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S III using XDA Labs
16th September 2016, 11:47 AM |#84  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrendude1

Your awesome buddy...as I did not quite understand how to go about using zips....thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S III using XDA Labs

no problem dude, that's what XDA is all about.
we learn and we share.
now, if only the rest of the world could be like this

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vakkah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vakkah Ad-Free
18th September 2016, 02:44 AM |#85  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,455

Donate to Me
More
it's easy to rename the file, you just need to read the instructions, and especially the i9100 section that has many examples. REPIT is free software and you are welcome to do anything with it according to the GPL license, but i recommend people not to post nor use non-official versions because they grow old and can have bugs that have been already fixed. always download the latest version and configure to your needs instead of downloading a preconfigured possibly old file.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lanchon Ad-Free
19th September 2016, 01:32 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Deleted...fixed
24th September 2016, 09:23 PM |#87  
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 523

More
@Lanchon may you update falcon's link? It shows 'No mirrors find'.
24th September 2016, 11:29 PM |#88  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarix

all links from yesterday are showing the same issue. it seems all the files i uploaded yesterday were lost to a AFH glitch. i'll delete them all and reupload.

WARINING: FALCON

the falcon builds won't work on official TWRP due to this TWRP kernel bug:
https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-...ect/issues/763

also, these builds are untested; use at your own risk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanchon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lanchon Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 11:39 PM |#89  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarix

i deleted and reuploaded everything, and still the same issue. i guess AFH has to fix its issues.

in the meantime, i'll attach here...
25th September 2016, 06:27 AM |#90  
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 523

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanchon

all links from yesterday are showing the same issue. it seems all the files i uploaded yesterday were lost to a AFH glitch. i'll delete them all and reupload.

WARINING: FALCON

the falcon builds won't work on official TWRP due to this TWRP kernel bug:
https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-...ect/issues/763

also, these builds are untested; use at your own risk.

Thanks for the info.
I'm not a dev but I'll request a developer for falcon to try and fix it. Downloaded the build uploaded here.
The Following User Says Thank You to antarix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antarix Ad-Free
25th September 2016, 04:17 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Hi @Lanchon,

I've used your re-pit on one of my i9100's and it was super easy, THANK YOU!!!

Gonna try it on one of my other i9100P's now... but just seen your post here, as I was trying to get the latest re-pit for the i9100 and N7000.

Is the re-pit tool, OS dependent? On my Note (N7000) it keeps crashing when I try to run it, even from the /tmp location.

My Note is running Android 4.4.4 (KK), however I feel it maybe my TWRP. I notice your "readme" says it supports TWRP 2 and TWRP 3, but then go onto say TWRP 2.8.7.x, where as my build of TWRP is only 2.8.1.0 Could this be the problem do you think??

There appears to be a TWRP 3.0.2.x build for my N7000, but it never shows up after rebooting recovery... and says for CM12.1 - CM13

Do you think its possible to flash this TWRP 3.0.2.x on KitKat, maybe if its just a case of changing something like the SDK / API to a lower version of Android? As I want to try and re-pit the note, but I don't want to change the build/setup of my current Android on it just yet...

Many thanks, Lister
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)