FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL][WIN/LIN/MAC] MiUnlockTool - Unlock bootloader of xiaomi devices on mac & linux

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 165
 
By franztesca, Junior Member on 25th April 2018, 10:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2020, 03:14 AM |#141  
Junior Member
Flag Halle (Saale)
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
yeah...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash713

Ooooh nooo! I don't use Windows nor do I want it anywhere around or on my laptop. I guess that's the only way now, to use the Mi unlock tool from Mi forums that's ONLY Windows compatible!? Am I right when I say this? I guess I'll have to hunt down a friend who uses Windows. 🙄🤔

Sent from my chiron using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------



That's what I was thinking. Windows 🙄 lol. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my chiron using XDA Labs

i dont like windows too but my sister had a laptop so i used that and it instant unlocked on my brand new device (wew) xd and i rooted it with a patched boot img ^-^
The Following User Says Thank You to VeRkNxT_lOvE_cUsToM_RoMs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VeRkNxT_lOvE_cUsToM_RoMs Ad-Free
14th January 2020, 12:51 PM |#142  
flash713's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crescent
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
I just purchased Windows 7, again so I can unlock my Mi Mix 2. I believe I own it a few times from way back buying different computers throughout the years but I couldn't locate anything that would pass verify on Microsoft site when I tried to download it to make a bootable windows USB. When I put in the key code on my current laptop they replied and told me I would have to get ahold of the manufacturer because it came with the computer which is true but what a major pain in the ars! This is my only complaint about my Xiaomi phone. When it comes to Android across the board I believe the go to default setup is and should be Linux. It was cheap for a official legal key code for windows 7. Now to make a bootable USB and wipe my laptop and unlock my bootloader then wipe it again and reinstall Linux. Yay. I vote that we should have the simple "fastboot oem unlock" type command to unlock Xiaomi devices. Hopefully some day they go that route. I really dislike windows. 🤯 Oh well anyone having the same issue check out windows 7 on eBay there's some real official cheap packages available.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using XDA Legacy app
14th January 2020, 06:19 PM |#143  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
All runs well, except for final message: install latest version:
Starting login procedure
Login procedure succeeded
Checking account unlock permission
Unlock permission confirmed
Waiting for a fastboot device
Device connected: 4a0?d4e105??
Obtaining device info...
Device info obtained
Checking if unlock will erase data and server message
Unlock procedure will not erase userdata
Server message: The version of your tool is low and there may be a security risk. Please upgrade it right now!
Querying unlock server for unlock key
Unlock request replied with error code 20035
Error meaning: Please download the latest version

Any help?
14th January 2020, 06:27 PM |#144  
flash713's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crescent
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelccc

All runs well, except for final message: install latest version:
Starting login procedure
Login procedure succeeded
Checking account unlock permission
Unlock permission confirmed
Waiting for a fastboot device
Device connected: 4a0?d4e105??
Obtaining device info...
Device info obtained
Checking if unlock will erase data and server message
Unlock procedure will not erase userdata
Server message: The version of your tool is low and there may be a security risk. Please upgrade it right now!
Querying unlock server for unlock key
Unlock request replied with error code 20035
Error meaning: Please download the latest version

Any help?

Read this page and back a few pages. This no longer works so the only way is to use the original tool from mi site and windows.

Sent from my chiron using XDA Labs
14th January 2020, 06:43 PM |#145  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash713

Read this page and back a few pages. This no longer works so the only way is to use the original tool from mi site and windows.

Sent from my chiron using XDA Labs

ah ok, many thnks

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

So.... It's the 14th of Jan 2020 and ...
Solved for me on Mac. I used this:
xiaomitool.com/V2/latest
16th January 2020, 01:55 PM |#146  
flash713's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crescent
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelccc

ah ok, many thnks

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

So.... It's the 14th of Jan 2020 and ...
Solved for me on Mac. I used this:
xiaomitool.com/V2/latest

I tried a few versions and I always get error 20035 at the very end and it tells me the tool is out of date and to update it now and try again. Maybe just no longer works for people who use Linux. I ran it twice on two different versions of the tool on my laptop that uses Ubuntu 18.04 and same ending each time.

Edit added: And looks like this thread is FULL of people who had the same exact error. If Xiaomi is to blame for somehow disabling all other tools but theirs for windows they're idiots! They're idiots anyway for not having Linux and Mac support, official from the start. They've gotta know not everyone uses crappy windows nowadays. Oh well they'll hear it from me. I'm a review writing mofo. We should all write them and ask them to be more considerate of their users. If I would have known I had to purchase windows again just to unlock my BL I would NOT have gotten this phone. 🙄

Sent from my chiron using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes