FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL][WIN/LIN/MAC] MiUnlockTool - Unlock bootloader of xiaomi devices on mac & linux

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 158

By franztesca, XDA Ad-Free Junior Member on 25th April 2018, 09:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2018, 01:37 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
On windows i need to wait 210 hours now and on linux %d so its 15days?

11th September 2018, 04:18 PM |#22  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 14

More
First off, thanks for your hard work. I'm trying to use your tool on Fedora, and I'm not sure if everything's working right.

If I just type 'sudo ./MiUnlockTool.sh', it says 'Unable to start gui application. Are you running this tool on a display environment?'

Which is not a big issue, since I can simply type 'sudo ./MiUnlockTool.sh (username) (password)' to run the tool in CLI mode.

But when I do that, I get a 'Add your account and device in MIUI's Settings' error. Which is weird, because I've already linked my account to the phone in the 'Mi unlock' screen of the Settings.

Does that error message always appear when I still have to wait for some hours? Or should I be getting a different message?
11th September 2018, 04:20 PM |#23  
Flag GOA
Thanks Meter: 945

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frandavid100

First off, thanks for your hard work. I'm trying to use your tool on Fedora, and I'm not sure if everything's working right.

If I just type 'sudo ./MiUnlockTool.sh', it says 'Unable to start gui application. Are you running this tool on a display environment?'

Which is not a big issue, since I can simply type 'sudo ./MiUnlockTool.sh (username) (password)' to run the tool in CLI mode.

But when I do that, I get a 'Add your account and device in MIUI's Settings' error. Which is weird, because I've already linked my account to the phone in the 'Mi unlock' screen of the Settings.

Does that error message always appear when I still have to wait for some hours? Or should I be getting a different message?

After adding account on phone u need to wait 72hours.
11th September 2018, 04:30 PM |#24  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naik2902

After adding account on phone u need to wait 72hours.

Yes, I know I need to wait (although I'm not sure if it's 72 or 360 hours). My question is: should I be getting a "you need to wait xxx hours" message instead of a "you need to enable xxx option in the Settings"?
11th September 2018, 04:51 PM |#25  
Flag GOA
Thanks Meter: 945

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frandavid100

Yes, I know I need to wait (although I'm not sure if it's 72 or 360 hours). My question is: should I be getting a "you need to wait xxx hours" message instead of a "you need to enable xxx option in the Settings"?

No. Just bind ur account in dev settings . also keep ur mi cloud sync on both with data and wifi.

Ur mobile hardware info should be synchronised with xiaomi server.
It takes couple of days.

When u try to unlock using tool then everything should match to that of server Then It will send u unlock key. Dont update or change rom from beta to stable. Just keep cloud sync on and wait for couple of days.

Make sure u enable oem unlock, usb debugging, and fastboot driver installed shows ur device is connected.

Try after 3 days.

I un locked my device 2yrs back. I dont know if u need to apply for permission to unlock or not.
20th September 2018, 02:59 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 6,537

Donate to Me
More
Tips only for error "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application"

Quote:

sudo apt-get purge openjdk*
sudo apt autoremove
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
sudo apt install oracle-java8-set-default
JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/"

The Following User Says Thank You to k1ks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k1ks Ad-Free
2nd October 2018, 10:46 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
a bit surprised with this tool and worked like charm on may mac
but rather than that, it reduced the waiting time for me. original xiaomi tool gives me 720 hours waiting time. so i was waiting. just with curiosity i have downloaded this and checked with this on my mac before ending my waiting time. it was 4 days. surprisingly this tool showed me no waiting time and just unlocked. amazing!
4th October 2018, 05:06 AM |#28  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi! COuld you please help me? On mac I have such problem. I've installed jdk-11.

HTML Code:
Downloads/MiUnlockTool/MiUnlockTool.command ; exit;
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1016)
	at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:174)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.defineClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:801)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.findClassOnClassPathOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:699)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClassOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:622)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:580)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
	at com.xiaomitool.miunlock.Main.main(SourceFile:46)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.application.Application
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
	... 10 more
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
How can I solve this problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridiero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fridiero Ad-Free
6th October 2018, 08:43 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
But if you don't want to show source of the tool, why anyone must trust you? Also when I tried to unlock, it showed "20036" error.
The Following User Says Thank You to ASD7yg7dnh23443 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ASD7yg7dnh23443 Ad-Free
7th October 2018, 10:50 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hi

Solved: problem seem to be with my computer usb controller half dying.

I am trying to unlock a Poco F1 using this tool on linux and I am stuck at "Obtaining device info...". I have let it run at that stage for up to 20 minutes. I have tried through the GUI and console modes, same result.

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and I have installed Java using this instructions. Using the open java implementation with openjfx packet did still produce an error when trying to run the GUI.

This is what I have done:
  1. Update the phone
  2. Enable developer mode and check USB debug and OEM unlock
  3. In the phone, sign in to my Mi account (which is a few years old), I have not verified my phone number if that matters
  4. Start your program, input Mi account login and password, and wait for it to ask me for fastboot mode phone
  5. Put Poco F1 in fastboot mode and connect it to computer

Your program recognizes the device and goes to "Obtaining device info...", just to get stuck there (both with GUI and console modes).

Any help appreciated.
7th October 2018, 04:55 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am stuck on Loading... Unlocking Bootloader screen and nothing happens forever...What did I do wrong?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)