FORUMS

[TOOL][LOCKED/UNLOCKED] SALT - The LG(up) revolution (begins)

5,150 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
By steadfasterX, Recognized Developer on 11th December 2017, 03:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2019, 11:04 AM |#801  
robles4242's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Just curious if the LG Q Stylo 4 and/or 5 (LM Q710TS or Q720TS) are supported?
10th December 2019, 07:57 AM |#802  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Formatting the USB drive with NTFS did the trick. Thanks to all of your help I was able to successfully backup all the partitions now. Tomorrow I will attempt to factory reset and flash the partitions back. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

It depends. As long as your phone is not encrypted you can mount the userdata partition on SALT (advanced menu) and copy what you need. If your device is unlocked you could also use fastboot to flash userdata or if fastboot denies (some versions may reject that) you can use TWRP and a shell command to flash the partition back. Even SALT could be used as long as you are using a laf version on your phone which is supported for flashing.

About the pin question I'm not sure what you mean. Data encryption has nothing to do with a pin/pattern to unlock. You can have an encrypted device with just swipe to unlock the phone. If your data is encrypted you cannot make any use of it when backing it up as the backup will be encrypted as well. Restoring the encrypted backup after a factory reset will 100% require more partitions to be restored then just userdata (at least persist,drm,encrypt partitions for a LG g4 but there might be more)




Correct .
and NTFS will do as well as long as the Linux system supports it (like FWUL does)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs

10th December 2019, 08:05 AM |#803  
steadfasterX's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbdlc

Formatting the USB drive with NTFS did the trick. Thanks to all of your help I was able to successfully backup all the partitions now. Tomorrow I will attempt to factory reset and flash the partitions back. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!!!!

glad it works now.
do you have tried to mount (SALT -> advanced menu) the userdata partition?

.-
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th December 2019, 06:55 AM |#804  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi steadfasterX,

I did try it but with no success:
2019-12-11 06:35:07: F_MOUNTIMG: started with /home/android/USB/userdata.img
2019-12-11 06:35:07: F_MSGE: started
2019-12-11 06:35:14: ERROR: Image could not be mounted to /mnt/salt_mnt.Is this even an mountable image?

I believe this is the result of the partition being encrypted. I performed a factory reset on the phone and bootloop went away this is good since it means it was a software and not a hardware issue as I suspected. I believe the best next step will be to try to flash back some of the partitions to see if with any luck I can gain access to my original data. I am looking into using TWRP but there does not seem to be a version for the H860. There is G5 H850 then jumps to G6 H870. Is it possible to use H850 version at all?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfasterX

glad it works now.
do you have tried to mount (SALT -> advanced menu) the userdata partition?

.-

11th December 2019, 09:41 AM |#805  
steadfasterX's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbdlc

Hi steadfasterX,

I did try it but with no success:
2019-12-11 06:35:07: F_MOUNTIMG: started with /home/android/USB/userdata.img
2019-12-11 06:35:07: F_MSGE: started
2019-12-11 06:35:14: ERROR: Image could not be mounted to /mnt/salt_mnt.Is this even an mountable image?

I believe this is the result of the partition being encrypted. I performed a factory reset on the phone and bootloop went away this is good since it means it was a software and not a hardware issue as I suspected. I believe the best next step will be to try to flash back some of the partitions to see if with any luck I can gain access to my original data. I am looking into using TWRP but there does not seem to be a version for the H860. There is G5 H850 then jumps to G6 H870. Is it possible to use H850 version at all?

Thanks!

yes that means it is encrypted and so cannot be used to restore without other (unknown) partitions.
when you just flash random partitions back to your phone you can EASILY cause hard bricks!!! so better asking in th G5 forums for help. same for TWRP. I do not own a G5.
I fear that you will not find much help for that though as it took me 100+ hard bricks to find which partitions are e.g. the full bootloader stack on a G4 plus what partitions are used for storing crypt data etc.
So.. Good luck and I would recommend to only flash stuff when you know how to recover from a hard brick (9008/QDL/EDL mode).
things are tied together so flashing just the one partition without the other (and nobody knows which are the right ones or depend on the other) can cause a hard brick. if you have a partition named "encrypt" on the G5 I would start with that, so userdata + encrypt and see what happens. but again .. keep in mind what I said about hard bricks.

.-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2019, 07:31 PM |#806  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
can anybody please tell me where to get the nightly build of salt
i am not linux educated , but have tried for several hours with errors about zstandard so i need the build with all the data included i cant find any link for the nightly build
(fatal error) missing python-zstandard

after i update with dev options it keeps throwing errors

thanks
30th December 2019, 07:36 PM |#807  
steadfasterX's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy6000

can anybody please tell me where to get the nightly build of salt
i am not linux educated , but have tried for several hours with errors about zstandard so i need the build with all the data included i cant find any link for the nightly build
(fatal error) missing python-zstandard

after i update with dev options it keeps throwing errors

thanks

I guess you mean the latest FWUL / mAid nightly which includes SALT:

http://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/mAid/

Use etcher to flash it to an usb stick


Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2019, 05:42 PM |#808  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
so i tried these options

1) rename your usb device to e.g. "USBDISK" (so remove the space)
2) or switch to develop version of SALT (read the SALT faq on how-to)
fwul nightly used with dev options even tried another usb stick get same error cant mount the img etc in salt

still same results nothing is able to mount or open this raw .img file , any other ideas maybe its encrypted or corrupt in some way its 3gb in size so data is present but cant access it

thanks , and happy new year to you
31st December 2019, 06:45 PM |#809  
steadfasterX's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy6000

so i tried these options

1) rename your usb device to e.g. "USBDISK" (so remove the space)
2) or switch to develop version of SALT (read the SALT faq on how-to)
fwul nightly used with dev options even tried another usb stick get same error cant mount the img etc in salt

still same results nothing is able to mount or open this raw .img file , any other ideas maybe its encrypted or corrupt in some way its 3gb in size so data is present but cant access it

thanks , and happy new year to you

Share the log...
31st December 2019, 07:58 PM |#810  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
sorry i forgot

2019-12-31 19:56:43: F_VCHK: no newer SALT version found (322 / 3.22-11 vs. 322 / 3.22-11)
2019-12-31 19:56:43: OS: Manjaro Linux
maidversion=2019-12-27_17-28
maidbuild=1577469461
maidtype=nightly
patchlevel=0
maid_Statichostname=maid
maid_Iconname=computer-desktop
maid_Chassis=desktop
maid_OperatingSystem=ManjaroLinux
maid_Kernel=Linux4.19.88-1-MANJARO
maid_Architecture=x86-64
DISTRIB_ID=ManjaroLinux
DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.1.4
DISTRIB_CODENAME=Juhraya
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Manjaro Linux"
maidversion=2019-12-27_17-28
maidbuild=1577469461
maidtype=nightly
patchlevel=0
maid_Statichostname=maid
maid_Iconname=computer-desktop
maid_Chassis=desktop
maid_OperatingSystem=ManjaroLinux
maid_Kernel=Linux4.19.88-1-MANJARO
maid_Architecture=x86-64
Manjaro Linux
NAME="Manjaro Linux"
ID=manjaro
ID_LIKE=arch
PRETTY_NAME="Manjaro Linux"
ANSI_COLOR="1;32"
HOME_URL="https://www.manjaro.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.manjaro.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.manjaro.org/"
LOGO=manjarolinux
2019-12-31 19:56:43: OS (lsb): LSB Version: n/a
Distributor ID: ManjaroLinux
Description: Manjaro Linux
Release: 18.1.4
Codename: Juhraya
2019-12-31 19:56:43: yad: 3.0 (GTK+ 3.24.13)
2019-12-31 19:56:43: summary:
Static hostname: maid
Icon name: computer-desktop
Chassis: desktop
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
Kernel: Linux 4.19.88-1-MANJARO
Architecture: x86-64

2019-12-31 19:56:43: DEVCON before: 99
2019-12-31 19:56:43: F_CHKDEVCON: started
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/android/programs/lglafng/lglaf.py", line 643, in <module>
main()
File "/home/android/programs/lglafng/lglaf.py", line 606, in main
comm = autodetect_device(args.cr)
File "/home/android/programs/lglafng/lglaf.py", line 526, in autodetect_device
return USBCommunication(cr)
File "/home/android/programs/lglafng/lglaf.py", line 372, in __init__
raise RuntimeError("USB device not found")
RuntimeError: USB device not found
2019-12-31 19:56:43: F_MSG: started
2019-12-31 19:56:50: NO DEVICE CONNECTED?
If you have connected your device ensure that it is in DOWNLOAD mode
(<u>not</u> fastboot, <u>not</u> recovery, <u>not</u> booted Android)
2019-12-31 19:56:50: F_MSG: ended
2019-12-31 19:56:50: F_CHKDEVCON: msge result = 11
2019-12-31 19:56:50: F_CHKDEVCON: lsusb output =
2019-12-31 19:56:50: RET: 11
2019-12-31 19:56:50: DEVCON after: 11
2019-12-31 19:56:50: EXPERIMENTAL: 0
2019-12-31 19:56:50: Detected stuff:
DEVCON=11
LAFVER=no_device_found
LGUSU=no_device_found
LGSERIAL=no_device_found
LGOPER=no_device_found
LGMODEL=no_device_found
LGSWV=no_device_found
LGFACV=no_info_found
LGCOUNTRY=no_device_found
LGSEC=no_device_found
LGBATT=no_device_found
ROMCOMP=no_device_found
DEVARB=no_ARB_info_found
2019-12-31 19:56:50: Flashing functionality disabled bc: DEVCON = 11 (no device found and skipped pressed)
2019-12-31 19:56:50: F_MAIN: starting non-G4 menu
2019-12-31 19:56:52: F_ADVMENU: started with no_device_found
2019-12-31 19:56:52: F_ADVMENU: main YAD_PID is 3688
2019-12-31 19:56:54: F_MOUNTPARTS: started
2019-12-31 19:57:04: returned: /run/media/android/USB1/userdata.img|/mnt/salt_mnt|
2019-12-31 19:57:04: IMGFILE = /run/media/android/USB1/userdata.img, MNTPNT = /mnt/salt_mnt
2019-12-31 19:57:04: F_MOUNTIMG: started with /run/media/android/USB1/userdata.img
2019-12-31 19:57:04: F_MSGE: started
2019-12-31 19:57:07: ERROR: Image could not be mounted to /mnt/salt_mnt.Is this even an mountable image?

Check SALT logfile for any further details.
2019-12-31 19:57:07: 0
2019-12-31 19:57:07: F_MOUNTIMG ended
2019-12-31 19:57:08: CR setting: Auto =
2019-12-31 19:57:08: getlog script started
31st December 2019, 09:11 PM |#811  
steadfasterX's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy6000

sorry i forgot

Ok open a terminal and type:

file /run/media/android/USB1/userdata.img
sudo mkdir /mnt/data
sudo mount /run/media/android/USB1/userdata.img /mnt/data
ls -la /mnt/data

share the output of the above


Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to steadfasterX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, kdz, lglaf, lgup, restore

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes