FORUMS

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS]Android Backup and Restore Tools[Multiple Devices/Platforms]

3,228 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,107

By AndDiSa, Senior Member on 8th December 2019, 03:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th January 2020, 02:20 PM |#21  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Hi @AndDiSa,
My device is HTC 10 and I am running crdoid version 6 Android 10, when I run the ./backup_apps.sh, I get the following errors:
./backup_apps.sh: line 8: ./functions.sh: No such file or directory
./backup_apps.sh: line 15: checkPrerequisites: command not found
Thank you.
4th January 2020, 04:36 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhajlk

Hi @AndDiSa,
My device is HTC 10 and I am running crdoid version 6 Android 10, when I run the ./backup_apps.sh, I get the following errors:
./backup_apps.sh: line 8: ./functions.sh: No such file or directory
./backup_apps.sh: line 15: checkPrerequisites: command not found
Thank you.

What is the operating system you are running the scripts? How do you call the script? Looks like you are not running it from the location you have extracted the zip file.
4th January 2020, 06:01 PM |#23  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

What is the operating system you are running the scripts? How do you call the script? Looks like you are not running it from the location you have extracted the zip file.

I am on ubuntu 18.04 and yes I am running the script from the download folder.
4th January 2020, 06:44 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
@minhajlk that's very strange as I am doing in the same way without any issues and I am on Ubuntu 18.04.3, too. Your filesystem is ext{2|3|4}?
You could probably try to do a

chmod +x *.sh

but it should not be needed.
5th January 2020, 12:36 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Hello again. Well, I get the same result using v1.2 as I did using v1.1 on my Arch Linux system. I open a terminal within the unpacked directory of v1.2, issue the command of ./backup_apps.sh and right away get the error message of "./functions.sh: line 82: pv: command not found"

Did you forget to have the prerequisite check look for that one, the pv program? OnePlus 3T on the Validus Android 10 ROM

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Well, for fun and games, I went ahead and manually installed pv, then ran the ./backup_apps.sh command again, and it seemed to work alright. The script backed up all my installed apps, far as I can tell, then rebooted the phone. This time, it didn't bootloop on me, and I didn't have to restore my Nandroid backup to get my phone back.

Now I'm at the point, I don't really know how to test the restore script, without wiping my current setup, and doing a clean install of the rom and gapps and magisk again. Don't really want to to that, but I don't know of any other way to test, do you??
The Following User Says Thank You to Oblias For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oblias Ad-Free
5th January 2020, 12:49 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
@Oblias you can try to set up an avd (emulator) device and try to restore your apps / settings (or a part of it) to the emulator device. At least I've done in that way ...
Only thing you need to consider: do not use the google-play template but the google-api one as you need to get root access which is more difficult on the google-play variant.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
5th January 2020, 01:06 PM |#27  

More
Quote:

@Oblias you can try to set up an avd (emulator) device and try to restore your apps / settings (or a part of it) to the emulator device. At least I've done in that way ...
Only thing you need to consider: do not use the google-play template but the google-api one as you need to get root access which is more difficult on the google-play variant.

To be honest, I have no idea what you are talking about. I've used Arch Linux for years, and never heard of an avd(emulator) device. Are you talking about using VirtualBox, or something like that???

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

After some Googling, I understand what you are talking about now. As I said, I have no experience at all doing that. It sounds interesting, and I might install android-studio here in Arch and play around with it, but at this point in time, I have to tell you that any testing I might do with that would be hit or miss, you know?
5th January 2020, 01:22 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
@Oblias well at least your experience showed that the scripts principally are working on Arch Linux, too. As restoring the backed up files is using the same tools as backing up I do not expect issues in restoring them.

If you want to dive in more deeply I really recommend reading some documentation about the Android Emulator. It's really worth it ...
5th January 2020, 02:01 PM |#29  

More
Quote:

@Oblias well at least your experience showed that the scripts principally are working on Arch Linux, too. As restoring the backed up files is using the same tools as backing up I do not expect issues in restoring them.

If you want to dive in more deeply I really recommend reading some documentation about the Android Emulator. It's really worth it ...

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, it's just that I'm not a developer at all, and I'm not sure the amount of time it would take to learn all that would be worth the payoff for just testing this script. For me, the scales need to be somewhat in balance. Not saying I won't do it, just saying if I do, it will be more a curiosity type of thing....

One question for you, however. Do you already have the device settings and skin and all that for a OnePlus 3/3T, that you would be willing to share with me if I choose to pursue this further?

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

UPDATE: After watching a few YouTube videos on the subject, I have decided that this is something I'm not going to do. I have no need at all for any of that, so I'm going to pass on this experience. But I do thank you for the effort you are putting into these scripts!
5th January 2020, 02:02 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Heidelberg

More
@Oblias no, I do not have such settings and skins available and really speaking for testing functions and methods in the emulator not having any user interface it's not really needed (as long as only standard Android services are being used). So the easiest way is to start with a Pixel or Nexus template.
19th January 2020, 02:46 PM |#31  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 54

More
is it require root or not, sir?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)