[TUTORIAL] Vernee Mars Pro Root + TWRP

Search This thread

RastHacker

-------------------- | Disclaimer and acknowledgements | --------------------

All your actions with your phone are at your own risk;

-------------------- | Intro | --------------------

Hey,

I propose a tutorial to root Vernee Mars Pro with lastest Magisk v13.3, TWRP installed too. Thanks to @jemmini for porting TWRP

(Update 09/09/2017) - v 1.01 - (build 1010)

* Updated Magisk to V14
* TWRP by @jemmini
* Better performance for VerneeMarsPro_ToolKit

(Update 03/09/2017)
I've dev a tool to manage twrp without touchscreen for Vernee Mars Pro :

* No virus (Virus Scan)
* Root script now included in Software
* Xposed script now included in Software
* Dump script now included in Software
* Dump script and Dump preloader merged in one script

-------------------- | Tutorial | --------------------

Step 1 : Download my zipped tools in Download section

Step 2 : Flash custom recovery

* Open SPFlashTool and start it,
* Load scatter file ("MT6757_Android_scatter.txt")
* Press Download
* Plug your powered off phone in PC,
and wait for download OK

Step 3 : Root, Xposed ...

* Power on your phone, activate ADB in developers settings
* Plug it on your PC
* Grant access to your PC
* Now click on Root and wait ;D
* For Xposed click on Xposed

Your Vernee Mars Pro is now rooted, and maybe Xposed installed

Dumping the ROM.
Just to be clear: by dumping userdata all my userdata and all apps are dumped as well? So my bought apps are in the file as well as all my logins, personal data, pics, music, ...?
If this is the case I'd rather don't like to share them and I don't want to reset my phone, if there is another one with the latest ROM and haven't installed his stuff till now.
Btw: system is round about 3 GB.

Edit: finished dumping, userdata couldn't be dummped, it stopped at 32 GB :eek:

DumpScript updated, without userdata sorry for this ^^

-------------------- | Download | --------------------

Software : VerneeMarsPro_ToolKit.exe
Recovery : recovery.zip (By jemmini) Thanks you man ;D

Virus Scan : 1/62

Last edited:

michaelyogi

Oct 17, 2014
Thanks for working on this!!

the above method works nice. Well done bobslesbricoleurs !!:good:

But i'm having a problem! I flashed the phone with the rom from needrom and now the device does not have the Vernee VOS intalled!

Can someone upload the factory rom?
The factory ROM is mars_pro_21070630154451

Last edited:

michaelyogi

Oct 17, 2014
Don't worry about factory rom, i've flash v0.05 from needrom as factory, and it works perfectly

it works but that is NOT the latest factory rom that it ships with.
This one you installed does not have all the functionality. This one does NOT have the Vernee VOS software
the latest one mars_pro_21070630154451 from June 30th
the one you flashed is from April 14th ! ( vA05.N0.170414 )

wooky321

Apr 18, 2009
Sorry a mistype... I can't get it working without root. I have yet to try this tutorial, was waiting to find the latest rom!

Tischbein

Sep 7, 2007
My phone got the version mars_pro_20170705222633 and it seems to be the latest. It says that my system is up to date.

Can't get the phone rooted with the tutorial above, just once it downloaded from phone and progress bar changed to yellow. Afterwards by trying step 3 no TWRP came up with booting into recovery, just the plain lying android figure saying "no command" or something like that.

michaelyogi

Oct 17, 2014
My phone got the version mars_pro_20170705222633 and it seems to be the latest. It says that my system is up to date.

Can't get the phone rooted with the tutorial above, just once it downloaded from phone and progress bar changed to yellow. Afterwards by trying step 3 no TWRP came up with booting into recovery, just the plain lying android figure saying "no command" or something like that.

did your device update to this version or it came like that out of the box?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

After the sp flash tool finishes UNPLUG and TURN your PHONE OFF.
Then make sure it's OFF.
Now PLUG IT to your usb.
Then OPEN the ROOT FILE.
That's it!
Then reboot!

if you can find a way to extract your latest ROM and upload it here so we can all update to the latest firmware!

Tischbein

Sep 7, 2007
Came with that version out of the box.

Will try to root tomorrow again, although I did these steps. But now it simply downloads and exit with an error.

Tischbein

Sep 7, 2007
I'd like to upload the ROM, unfortunatly MTK Droid Tool doesn't recognize my phone, although Windows does.
Tried to change the UDB connections as well, no success.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------- | Disclaimer and acknowledgements | --------------------

All your actions with your phone are at your own risk;

-------------------- | Intro | --------------------

Hey,

I propose a tutorial to root Vernee Mars Pro with lastest Magisk v13.3, TWRP installed too. Thanks to @jemmini for porting TWRP

(Update 09/09/2017) - v 1.01 - (build 1010)

* Updated Magisk to V14
    * TWRP by @jemmini
    * Better performance for VerneeMarsPro_ToolKit

(Update 03/09/2017)
    I've dev a tool to manage twrp without touchscreen for Vernee Mars Pro :

* No virus (Virus Scan)
    * Root script now included in Software
    * Xposed script now included in Software
    * Dump script now included in Software
    * Dump script and Dump preloader merged in one script

-------------------- | Tutorial | --------------------

Step 1 : Download my zipped tools in Download section

Step 2 : Flash custom recovery

* Open SPFlashTool and start it,
    * Load scatter file ("MT6757_Android_scatter.txt")
    * Press Download
    * Plug your powered off phone in PC,
    and wait for download OK

Step 3 : Root, Xposed ...

* Power on your phone, activate ADB in developers settings
    * Plug it on your PC
    * Grant access to your PC
    * Now click on Root and wait ;D
    * For Xposed click on Xposed

Your Vernee Mars Pro is now rooted, and maybe Xposed installed

Dumping the ROM.
    Just to be clear: by dumping userdata all my userdata and all apps are dumped as well? So my bought apps are in the file as well as all my logins, personal data, pics, music, ...?
    If this is the case I'd rather don't like to share them and I don't want to reset my phone, if there is another one with the latest ROM and haven't installed his stuff till now.

DumpScript updated, without userdata sorry for this ^^

-------------------- | Download | --------------------

Software : VerneeMarsPro_ToolKit.exe
    Recovery : recovery.zip (By jemmini) Thanks you man ;D

Virus Scan : 1/62

Maybe try an other computer and install drivers etc... It works for me

i realized the problem was caused by the sp flash tools.
    All my drivers are correctly installed.
    I also altered the initial scatter file so that it matches the specific sp flash tools version.
    The files (sp flash tools and Rom) will be ready in a while.:)

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

So after having the device for a month i have finally managed to install its stock official rom.
    The main issue was caused by the sp flash tools which did not allow me to use the proper scatter file.
    Also, the scatter file provided by the official Vernee forum can't be used with the sp flash tools.
    What i did was to alter the scatter file from the 20170414 rom and use it with the the official ota files.
    Also, this method worked for me like a charm and it must be used with the specific sp flash tools that i have also uploaded along with the stock rom.

Please note that you will have to use the download only button to be able to install the latest official unrooted rom which means you will need to reinstall all your programs afterwards.
    You may also use the firmware upgrade option ONLY if you have the rom version from 5th of July.
    I highly recommend the download only option which worked for me

After flashing the rom it will be like this -> Mars_pro_20170815 which is the latest official unrooted stock version which also supports ota updates

here is the link of the exact files that i used https://mega.nz/#!998QVIYA!znWiSZDk_mdHd2BKPS-rtY6tobgsnm9i6lrwM0XdV-k

GUIDE

Make sure you have all the drivers installed.
    Then just extract the files on your desktop.
    Open sp flash tools.
    On scatter loading file choose the scatter file that i provide in the rom folder.
    Press download only.
    AFTER pressing download only , turn off the phone and wait until it vibrates.
    THEN plug in to your pc and wait.
    It will take approximately 3 minutes for the procedure to finish.
    After you see the green DONE image, unplug your phone and turn it on.

Now your phone will have the latest official rom with vos.

It took me a month to find this working method after bricking my phone several times.
    This is the only method that worked for me!
    The call quality is much improved now and the whole system is stable and quick.
    Google Play has never crashed so far and google play services work just fine.
    Also i don't have the screen flickering problems anymore.
    The quick charging also works great and does not cause the phone to stop charging due to overheating.

Vernee Mars Pro is a pretty nice phone which unfortunately does not have the proper official support that it deserves.
    SO I hope that my files and guide will help anyone who was having problems like myself to be able to restore his phone to the latest official rom with ota updates.

Enjoy!
    TWRP 3.1.1 & ROOT for Vernee Mars Pro

TWRP 3.1.1 for Vernee Mars Pro

Based on Android 7.0 firmware ver. Mars_pro_20170705222633 / 2017Äê 07ÔÂ 05ÈÕ ÐÇÆÚÈý 22:31:23 CST

WARNING!! Strictly follow these installation instruction!
    Install:
    1. Flash the recovery.img using SP FlashTool
    2. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "SuperSU 2.82" (from this post)
    3. Reboot to the system

p.s. For access to Internal memory from TWRP you need format the /data partition (after install SuperSU).
    The OTA update contains a copy of the preloader for Mars_pro_20170815
    http://hwfotadown.mayitek.com/ota/r...rs_pro_201708151059391503371611201/update.zip

Here's a copy of the original boot.img and recovery.img for Mars_pro_20170705. If you're having problems with the OTA update, try loading this scatter file.
    https://mega.nz/#!AQBACQ4S!Dh5BBdCsnV5ZeBYCQAqEDMjbeXQno8m1BN5ZvZ106lc
    Dumping the ROM.

https://mega.nz/#!Bth3xQjQ!eZ3KsUS7MWzKaczjLn9Asx7kA7SzPMBAxnRHqmDbCO8